Can I ask ex-husband for education support

Animation Educational Support

Q: I was married in 1999 and we got divorced in 2007. My husband wanted a mutual divorce as he was having an affair with a woman whom he married immediately after we got divorced. I had asked for a one-time settlement at our mutual divorce. Now my children are grown up and my son’s education cost is huge. Can I ask for education money from my ex-husband?

A: You cannot ask for education money, as you had agreed to a one-time settlement but the children can initiate an action against the ex-husband being their biological father and make an application under section 125 of the Indian Penal Code seeking maintenance.


To contact Nandish Thackar for free advice / counselling, use the form below

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)


Your Message

Published in Counselling
Facebook Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Send this to a friend