Can I file for divorce without involving the police?

Nandish Thackar
Man about to Abuse

Q: I want a divorce. Please guide me. I got married on 14 Dec 2016. But he is an animal. He works in the army. He should take care of the country but he raises his hand to me. I want to get separated but without making a police complaint it’s not possible. Please help me out. Where should I go? How do I proceed, because I’m also a government officer? I don’t want to let him escape.

A: You can file a complaint under the Domestic Violence Act and also an FIR under the Dowry Act and Section 498A of the Indian Penal Code, if applicable, before the concerned police station. Apart from these proceedings, you can simultaneously file an application for divorce under section 13 of the Hindu Marriage Act before the concerned family court.
Paid Counselling
For filing an application for divorce, a police complaint is necessary. You can directly approach the concerned family court under section 13 of the Hindu Marriage Act on the grounds available to you, without involving the police in the dispute.

I divorced my wife, but my girlfriend won’t divorce her husband

Why I Gifted Myself a Divorce for My 30th Anniversary

You May Also Like

Leave a Comment


Be a part of bonobology for free and get access to marvelous stories and information.