Can you really find love through online matrimonial portals? Rhiti Chatterjee Bose June 7, 2017 Rhiti Chatterjee Bose June 7, 2017Can you really find love through online matrimonial portals? Or is it a myth?10 repliesRhiti Chatterjee BoseJune 7, 2017 Rhiti Chatterjee BoseLeave a Comment Cancel Reply Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.ΔThis site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.10 comments Anonymous July 13, 2017 - 10:21 am Amit June 8, 2017 - 8:55 amOnline Matrimony portals are solving the discovery problem. It is one place where people, with their intent of being on the portal known to others, proactively look for possible matches. It is a place where people ‘advertise’ (announce) that they are ready for marriage. Whether those conversations culminate into a marriage is a different matter altogether.*p**p*Speaking from personal experiences, it’s been almost 4 years since I have been on multiple matrimonial websites. I have met many females formally through this channel, but it didn’t click in 95% of the cases, where I didn’t meet the person for the second time. For the rest of the 5% cases, when I met the females for a second time, it didn’t work out because one of us didn’t feel it would work out.*p**p*So essentially, I am not sure if you could find love through online matrimonial portals. They are solving just one part of the equation, and you have to cover 100 other bases for it to work. DrSanjeevTrivedi June 8, 2017 - 8:55 amLove comes through people. People can come into life through any means. Why block an avenue, when as such there are few.*p* MithunMukherjee June 8, 2017 - 8:55 amI totally think you can find love ANYWHERE. Back in the day, when you did not have the internet, people found love through matrimonials in newspapers. Rewind back a little, people probably found love in trams, trains, hell, bullock carts even!*p*I think what matters here, as Mr Das puts it well, is being deeply in love. The medium of how you find it, is completely incidental. RaghabendraPradhan June 8, 2017 - 8:55 amI Don’t think so… The best you can get is a candidate from Matrimonial portal. It’s upto you to nurture your relationship from there. Matrimonial guys won’t fix your date. Misbah June 8, 2017 - 8:55 amI know of a lot of people who have found love through matrimonial sites. I believe the people behind the virtual profiles are as real as you and me. Once you filter out the unlikely candidates, you really can find some good matches.. TaniaDey June 8, 2017 - 8:55 amI think it is a bit difficult. People fool themselves to believe that they are falling in love. Being in love and being in love with the idea of love are two very different facets. People who meet online and get married are programming their minds to believe that they have found love. It is a fool’s paradise. JoyeetaTalukdar June 8, 2017 - 8:55 amHey it seems very difficult. For it’s easy to get distracted to the invisible illusion-ed world where everything seems to be so perfect but when it comes to realism then it becomes quite hard to tackle with the truth….. Jaisurya Das June 8, 2017 - 8:55 amHonestly why not ?? Is it about the medium more than the human beings involved. So what if you met on a portal. I know several people who have met through social media especially during the orkut years. They went on to have great relationships and some of them I know got married too. The medium is immaterial. I think love is about depth. To hell with everything else. JaeRajesh June 8, 2017 - 8:55 amThe matrimonial sites are the conservative Indianised version of the much maligned ‘Dating sites’ of the west. We sit smugly under the umbrella of, ‘it’s for marriage’ excuse. Otherwise, both creates opportunities to meet many possibly suitable mates. So yeah, why not, if you meet enough number of otherwise suitable candidates, you may find the one that clicks for you! TuliBanerjee June 8, 2017 - 8:55 amOf course yes. I know of many couples who have met through matrimonials and are now happily married. Arrange marriages are still in vogue. previous post Is Cyber sex an adultery / cheating ? next post What do men feel about marriage markets?