When you suddenly become the other woman in you husband’s life.

How do I deal with my husband’s emotional/extramarital affair. His behaviour has suddenly changed and I have now become the other woman in his life. I have completly lost my patience,love and trust for him. How do I tackle the situation???

6 replies
June 7, 2017


Anonymous July 13, 2017 - 10:22 am
Deepti June 8, 2017 - 8:55 am

Angela, how are you so sure that he is carrying on an affair? Are you sure it’s not a misunderstanding of sorts?

Angela June 8, 2017 - 8:55 am

No I am not I have recorded calls where my husband has spoken to her the entire night and ended up having phobe sex. I also have evidence of them spending a night at my flat which is in another location. And when I ask my husband to justify this he fights back and says that he has not touched her at all, though they slept on the same bed and had locked the room.

Angela June 8, 2017 - 8:55 am

Thanks for encouragement. You are absolutely correct but what I fear the most is that the issue will become a huge one if I involve my parents. These days, I have adopted the formulae of keeping quite and not paying too much personal attention to my husband. I guess he has taken me for granted.
I have started my Ph.d work and have diverted all my energy and attention to it. I have started focusing on my career. I feel this might help me

Angela June 8, 2017 - 8:55 am

I have tried several times, even talked that female’s husband but no avail. The situation has become so hopeless that now I am totally helpless. I really dont have the zeal to work my relation out. I don’t want to keep any expectations from y husband or this relation. But at the same time , I cannot walk away as my six years old daughter’ s life woukd be drastically affected.
I am totally shattered.

Varsha June 8, 2017 - 8:55 am

Talk to your husband about the reason for the affair. He should realise that what he is doing is wrong and if he has any issues with you, he has to talk and sort it out with you. Get some counseling to resolve this issue.

Shahnaaz June 8, 2017 - 8:55 am

If not a counsellor, get a family elder involved as you two have a child. I will not tell you to either work on the marriage or move on as that is a decision you need to make after sitting face to face with your husband and looking at the options ahead. Know that things will get better. This is a rough patch, no doubt, but you will get through it. Keep sharing with close friends and family and keep loved ones by your side. All the best!

Leave a Comment