How to legalise live-in relationship

Nandish Thackar
Live-in Relationship

Q: I’ve been having a live-in relationship for more than four years, but now he has got married to another lady for the sake of his family. We still we want to continue our relationship as husband and wife. Is it legally possible? And how can we legalise our live-in relationship?

A: No, it is not legally possible, as the man has got married. If your relationship continues, then the same shall be punishable under section 497 of the Indian penal code which states ‘Adultery’. As the marriage of the man has already been solemnised, legalising of the live-in relationship is not possible.

Challenges of being in a live-in relationship in India

When I saw my live-in boyfriend having sex with someone else in our bed

You May Also Like

Leave a Comment


Be a part of bonobology for free and get access to marvelous stories and information.