Hrithik Roshan is a complete packaged deal. With the smoking hot looks like that of a Greek god, sizzling dance moves and excellent acting skills, he is rightfully the heartthrob of the nation; the only one in the entire Bollywood! Having done such multi-variety films, he has given a proof of his versatility and carved a niche for himself in the industry. Besides being a great actor, he’s the face of all things fitness related and is also parenting two young boys – Hreehan and Hridhaan. Ahead of the release of his movie Super 30, here are thirty facts about the man himself!
Did you know these Super 30 facts about Hrithik Roshan?
- Hrithik’s official and original surname is not Roshan. It’s Nagrath.
- His first paycheck that he received after dancing along with Jeetendra in a 1980 movie named Aasha was Rs.100 and the money was spent to buy 10 hot wheel cars.
- Hrithik’s nickname ‘Duggu’ was kept by his grandmother in an attempt to make it rhyme with Rakesh Roshan’s nickname ‘Guddu’.
- After his graduation from Sydenham College, his parents wanted him to pursue higher studies from US. Only if they had any idea how big a superstar their son would become in future.
- He started off his career in the industry as an assistant director. He assisted his father, Rakesh Roshan, in two of his movies – Karan Arjun and Koyla.
The man is so dedicated to his profession that he performed all three stunts (bull chasing, sky diving and underwater diving) himself in Zindagi Milegi Naa Dobara.
- Hrithik was actually Farhan Akhtar’s first choice to play Akshaye Khanna’s role of ‘Sid’ in Dil Chahta Hai as well as Shah Rukh Khan’s role in Don. He was offered Swades and also, Rang De Basanti (Siddharth’s role).
- Hrithik’s first watch, Swatch was a gift from his then girlfriend Sussanne Khan.
- A huge advocate of a healthy and fit lifestyle, he himself used to smoke. But after reading Allen Carr’s Easy way to Stop Smoking, the Agneepath actor never touched another cigarette ever again.
- Being one of the most attractive and stylish actors in the industry, Hrithik has also opened his own fashion label brand called HRx
10 more facts about the Super 30 actor…
- Music is in his blood what with his grandfather, Roshan and uncle, Rajesh Roshan both being well known composers. He also tried his hand at music in a few of his movies – Kites, Zindagi Milegi Naa Dobara, Guzaarish.
- Hrithik Roshan has been paired with Kareena Kapoor for most of his movies.
- From learning roller blading for Dhoom 2, meeting paraplegic patients so as to prepare better for Guzaarish to learning and acing sword fighting for Jodhaa Akbar, he has done all it takes to refine his roles and be a perfectionist.
- Now, a confident man, as a child because of his stammering issue, he had to see a speech therapist to get over the obstacle.
- Hrithik is a certified diver, too.
The Krrish actor has an ideal superhero he looks up to and that’s… Superman!
- He was the fifth actor to have his own wax statue installed in the Madame Tussauds Museum after Amitabh Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai, Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan.
- One of the things that puts him off really bad is being clicked while he’s gorging on his food.
- Hrithik’s dancing idols are Michael Jackson and Shammi Kapoor.
- Is he a dog person or a cat person? Both! He gifted his sons a pet Beagle named ‘Paris’.
10 more things about Hrithik Roshan that you will love…
Born with a double thumb, Hrithik Roshan believes that his deformity is a sign of his good luck.
- He beat a spinal defect ‘Scoliosis’ at the age of 21 and then underwent a brain surgery after a bad stunt in Bang Bang.
- Hrithik Roshan is among one of the highest paid actors in Bollywood.
- He has received high praises from The Los Angeles Times for his work in Kites which wasn’t much talked about in India, though.
- He is so dedicated to his work that he’d reach Dhoom 2 sets at 5 in the morning and would patiently sit for five to six hours of elaborate prosthetics for his makeover in the movie and then shoot all day long wearing them. So hardworking, right?
- Hrithik Roshan is very humble and down to earth as well. He always makes enough time to meet his fans.
- A man as charming as him and also into reading? That’s amazing, right? He likes to read books of all genres.
- Now he’s a super busy star, but as a kid, he used to love cooking some eggs and potato chips for himself.
- When in the mood to binge eat, J W Marriot’s Spanish restaurant Arola is his go-to place.
- Like the name of his latest movie Super 30, the man doesn’t look a day older than thirty himself though he’s 45 years old.