We’ve decided on divorce but he won’t actually file

Divorce Decision at Court

Q: We’ve been married for 12 years and have an 8-year-old daughter. We’ve both agreed verbally on divorce by mutual consent several times, but he becomes totally noncommittal when it actually comes to approaching a lawyer and filing. I’m currently living with him in Delhi. If he remains noncommittal still, I would like to move to Shimla with my daughter. What should I do?

A: If your husband remains noncommittal, then you may take the child with you to Shimla and thereafter file an application for divorce, maintenance and the custody of the minor child before the courts at Shimla.

Related Reading: A beginner’s guide to Divorce


To contact Nandish Thackar for free advice/counselling, use the form below

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)


Your Message

Published in Counselling

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Facebook Comments

Send this to a friend