Sex? No please, we’re married
You must have heard the popular saying that couples stop having sex after getting married. While the truth in the statement is debatable, one cannot ignore the fact that after the ‘honeymoon period’ in a marriage wears off, the sex tends to decrease.
As the knot is tied and commitment is established to one person forever, the urgency to show love to one’s partner often decreases and reduces the sex as complacency sets in. However, the reasons for sexless marriages, or Dead Bedrooms as they are often referred to, are varying.
In this Reddit thread married men and women who do not engage in sex any more confessed what caused them to be in the situation. The reasons they gave ranged from boredom to loss of attractiveness or health problems. We’ve compiled 11 very striking answers:
1. She gained over 100 lbs, and I am just not attracted any more
2. We’re both on anti-depressants which have totally messed with our sex drives
3. We got married and had kids
4. My wife decided three years ago sex is too ‘icky’
5. Honestly, we’re both just not attractive anymore. Better to masturbate
6. It has gotten to the point where I could tell she was only doing it for me, and I began to feel as though I was essentially raping her
7. She started blatantly using it to get something she wanted or to cover up something she did
8. My husband is not very good at sex and shows no interest in improving
9. I’ve had Erectile Dysfunction for about 3 years now
10. I’m not in love anymore and I want out
11. She was prescribed several medications that resulted in multiple health issues and is completely asexual
Readers Comments On “11 Confessions By Married People On Why They Stopped Having Sex”
Well some of the confessions were quite hilarious some one were something to give them a moment.
But, yeah it was good to read.THUMBS UP
How To Deal With Sexual Rejection From Your Partner – 9 Tips
9 Sexless Relationship Effects No One Talks About
Sexless Marriage Effect On Husband – 9 Ways It Takes A Toll On Him
5 Reasons Why Intimacy Among Couples Fades And How You Can Prevent It
What Is Mercy Sex? 10 Signs You Have Had Pity Sex
What Does Celibacy Mean And How To Live Without Sex?
She puts so much pressure on me to perform in bed that I have lost interest in sex
I’ve been married for two years but I’m still a virgin
Our marriage wasn’t loveless, just sexless
The Worst Sex List of the last decade
I tried to seduce my husband by following YouTube tutorials. Well, here’s what happened
His Wife Had Bad Hygiene Habits That Led To A Divorce
How to Spice Up A Sexless Relationship and Bring Intimacy Back?
Men share how they feel when they are the only ones initiating sex every time
Sexless Marriage – Is There Any Hope?
13 Creative Things To Do In Bed To Spice It Up
8 myths about Asexuals (ASE)
I can’t satisfy my wife in bed!
Maintenance Sex – What Is It, Why Is It Important, And How To Have It?
How Grief And Loss Of Loved Ones Impacts Your Relationships