What if I told you that the medicine for all the discomfort and shyness you feel while socializing is hidden in a list of some funny conversation starters? What? You’re laughing at my claim? Don’t dismiss me just yet, carry on reading to see what I’m talking about.
We’ve all heard that laughter is the best medicine. And guess what? It’s true! Humor not only keeps your audiences amused and entertained, but also acts as a wonderful ice-breaker. Some funny convo-starters can help people to feel at ease and let go of any societal anxiety or pressure.
Starting a conversation can really be a difficult task; nerve-wracking even. However, with the correct approach, you can initiate a great conversation without seeming creepy or making a fool of yourself.
Some funny and interesting conversation starters can help you grab attention, build a rapport and make your message more memorable. A bit of humor can gently encourage people to put their guard down and relax around you. It can make them feel more comfortable, thus enhancing the quality of your relationship.
However, an essential component to successfully pulling off the ‘funny convo-starter’ stunt is to have a bag full of funny topics to talk about. Running out of funny conversation topics is a serious issue. But fret not! We are here to save you.
100 Funny Conversation Starters To Try Out
In a list of most dreaded situations, ‘awkward silences’ would surely make it to the top. And sometimes these ‘awkward silences’ may impair your charm. When you really want to talk to someone, but are not sure of what to talk about, you may end up feeling embarrassed. To avoid this, it’s important for you to keep the conversation going. And with the perfect funny and flirty convo- starters, you won’t have to worry about carrying the conversation all by yourself.
Here are 100 funny conversation starters to your rescue; guaranteed to get a laugh. Whether you are meeting new people or catching up with your old buddies, try using these funny convo-starters to initiate a conversation that people won’t forget in a hurry.
Related Reading: 21 Questions To Ask On A Second Date
1. What’s the weirdest smell you’ve ever come across?
2. What type of cult would you start?
3. If you were a pet animal, who would you want as your owner?
4. What do you think of pineapple on pizza?
5. How fast can you come up with your own ‘knock-knock’ joke?
6. What would you name your enemy’s child?
7. How many fart sounds are you aware of?
8. Which movie would be better if the villain became the hero?
9. Which English word makes no sense to what it actually means?
10. What type of sauce, if it became human, would make a great drag queen?
11. What is the weirdest thing you swallowed as a kid?
12. What do people actually mean when they ask me “How are you doing?” Are they expecting a recipe or a procedure or something?
Related Reading: 35 Cute Questions To Ask Your Crush While Texting
13 Which cartoon villain would you want to be? Why?
14. How long can you hold your pee? How do you know that?
15. Have you ever paid a cashier only in coins just to annoy them?
16. Which animal would be the fiercest if scaled up?
17. What do mosquitoes try to say in your ears?
18. The funniest body part according to you is …?
19. What is the funniest thing a guest has done at your house?
20. What is the most useless thing you own?
21. What is the funniest tattoo you have ever seen?
22. Where is the most embarrassing place you farted?
23. What do you call a male ladybug?
24. Which lady lost her fingers for ladyfinger?
25. Have you ever had an imaginary friend?
Found these funny conversation starters amusing? Wait up! We’ve got some more funny conversation starters lined up for you. Yes, we’re nice like that.
26. What is the funniest abuse you came up with?
27. Have you ever insulted a friend just for fun?
28. Who do you think laughs the funniest laugh?
29. Which animal do you wish could talk?
30. If life is a video game, which cheat code would you want to use the most?
31. What’s the weirdest dream you have ever had?
32. What is the craziest food disaster you’ve come across?
33. Do you think penguins have knees?
34. Do you think Tom and Jerry were secretly friends?
35. In a zombie apocalypse, how long do you think you’d last?
36. How many times have you peed in a pool?
37. What would you do if you had a twin?
38. What is the easiest recipe you never get right?
Related Reading: 20 Things To Talk About With Your Crush
39. If you were a mad scientist, what would you create?
40. Have you ever over-eaten just to justify the cost of a buffet?
41. Did you ever spit on someone while laughing?
42. Funniest excuse you’ve ever used?
43. Have you ever successfully blamed your sibling for something you did?
44. Which word do you think is the funniest when said repeatedly?
45. What is the funniest superpower someone can have?
46. Which animal do you think is the biggest party animal?
47. What smells better rain or petrol?
48. What is the craziest bet you’ve ever made?
49. What habits do you have that make you feel like an old person?
50. If you could have your own reality TV show, what would it be about and what would you name it?
Enjoying this funny conversation starters list? Well, we haven’t run out of funny and flirty topics to talk about yet. Carry on reading – you can thank us later.
51. If I pay for drinks, can I complain about my terrible roommate clogging the sink again?
52. If someone only saw your Spotify or Netflix accounts, who would they think you are?
53. What are the wrong, first impressions people have about you?
54. Which meme best represents your life?
55. Do you have a skill or hobby that exists only on your resume?
56. What is the most embarrassing way you’ve injured yourself?
57. Have you ever licked something non-edible just to have a taste?
58. The weirdest home remedy you ever tried…?
59. Have you ever had a dream in which you were naked?
60. Have you ever had a cartoon character as your idol?
61. What do you think aliens would say if they met you?
62. What’s the best prank you’ve ever pulled on someone?
Related Reading: 55 Truth Or Dare Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend
63. What terrible gift have you gotten that you’ve had to keep?
64. Have you ever, by mistake obviously, re-gifted a gift to the person who gave it to you?
65. What’s a pet peeve that you have that you would make illegal?
66. Which movie do you think best represents your life?
67. Which superstition did you believe in as a kid?
68. What if animals wore clothes?
69. If you had to tattoo a celebrity’s face on your body, whose would it be? (And where would you get the tattoo?)
70. Who would you haunt if you were a ghost?
71. What are your top three favorite movies that are so bad, that they’re somehow good?
72. Do you think aliens would like you if they met you?
73. What’s a famous saying or one-liner that people often quote, but you find complete trash?
74. What did you find cool as a kid, but not anymore now?
75. What is a strange talent you have that you are secretly proud of?
Can’t stop laughing? Well, catch a breath if you can, because we have some more funny questions to ask you.
76. What is the cheesiest pick-up line you have ever used/heard?
77. What is the most ridiculous fact you know?
78. What’s your favorite way to waste time?
79. What is the biggest diss you can come up with right now?
80. If you could design a new ice cream flavor, what would it be?
81. What’s your favorite “My family is crazy!” story?
82. What is the strangest rumor you heard about yourself?
83. If I were to check your search history, what is the most embarrassing thing I would find there?
84. What’s the worst “Sorry, it was the auto-correct” moment you ever had?
85. Which movie universe would you want to live in?
86. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done with your friends?
87. Are children who act in R-rated movies allowed to watch the film when it’s done?
88. Do you have a funny story from a blind date setup?
89. If tomatoes are a fruit, should ketchup be considered a smoothie?
90. If someone told you to “Be a leader and not a follower,” wouldn’t you become a follower by following their advice?
91. Why did they put the word ‘dictionary’ in the dictionary?
92. When it’s you who’s waiting for your food, why is the waiter called ‘waiter’?
93. In the word ‘scent’ which do you think is silent – ‘s’ or ‘c’?
94. Why isn’t there any mouse-flavored cat food?
95. If Cinderella’s shoe fit her perfectly, then why did it fall off?
96. How far east do you think one has to go before they start moving west?
97. How important do you have to be in order to be considered assassinated and not murdered?
98. What do they call French kissing in France?
99. When was the last time you laughed so hard, that you teared up?
100. Who would be the worst person to get stuck with in an elevator?
Hope this list of funny conversation starters provided you with some interesting and funny topics to talk about. These convo starters can help you liven up all your conversations. It will set you apart from the rest and make the conversation a memorable one. But remember, conversation is an inclusive engagement. Don’t make it a monologue, and don’t keep bombarding people with one question after another.
For more such fun and interesting stuff, don’t forget to check out Bonobology.com.
The secret tip to start a unique conversation is to stop trying too hard. When you are trying to be ‘more interesting,’ there’s a good chance that you may go overboard by using up all your ‘interesting’ stuff.
Here are some basic tricks that you can use to start a unique conversation without being ‘too much’ of anything…too overbearing, too talkative, too opinionated – you get the picture.
(i) Talk about a shared experience
(ii) Pay a compliment
(iii) Ask an opinion
(iv) Offer help
(v) Ask for help
(vi) Start with a funny convo-starter
(vii) Ask an open-ended question
Texting has now become an integral part of our lives. And starting a conversation
over text, without getting ‘blocked’ is an art.
Here are examples of some good conversation starters over text.
(i) How would you describe yourself in three words?
(ii) How do you define happiness for yourself?
(iii) What’s your biggest pet peeve?
(iv) What are you most passionate about?
(v) Are you a beach person or a mountain person?
(vi) What was the last song you listened to?
(vii) What’s your dream job?
It can sometimes get difficult to start a conversation with a girl you like. And that’s why it’s all the more important to stick to some basic convo-starters while talking to a girl.
Here are some basic topics and questions that can help you initiate an interesting conversation with her.
(i) Compliment her!
(ii) Talk about her profession.
(iii) Ask her if she’s watched any good Netflix shows recently.
(iv) Choose a current affair or social topic and ask for her opinion.
(v) Ask her if there’s a weird conspiracy theory she believes in.
31 Funny Ways To Start A Text Conversation And Get Responses
25 Qualities Of A Good Woman To Marry
10 Things To Do When Your Relationship Feels Off
15 Examples Of SMART Goals For Relationships And How To Set Them
50 Beautiful Compliments For Women To Melt Their Hearts
200+ Road Trip Questions For Couples To Keep Boredom At Bay
55 Hobbies For Couples To Feel Closer And Strengthen Their Bond
23 Things Mature Women Want In Relationships
Why Are Bald Men Attractive? 9 Reasons
18 Surefire Signs Someone Loves You With All Their Heart
21 Signs He Finds You Irresistible & Is Attracted To You
Flirting With Boundaries: Unleash Your Inner Tease On Dating Platforms
How To Court A Woman? 21 Ways To Be A True Gentleman
125 Good Morning Messages For Her – Loving, Romantic, Flirty, Sexy, Sweet
10 Reasons A Coffee Date Makes A Great First Date Idea And 5 Tips To Ace It
8 Good Reasons And 5 Great Ways To Keep Your Love Life Private
21 Core Relationship Rules To Deepen Your Bond
21 Ways To Be A Better Partner For A Better Relationship
17 Sureshot Signs He Likes You But Is Playing It Cool
15 Clear Signs He Likes You More Than You Think
Are You A Non-Vegan Dating A Vegan? 15 Tips To Help You