What makes a man settle down?
Some of the reasons that make a man settle down are:
- He reaches a stage in his life where he realises that he does not want to spend the rest of his life alone. He would rather use a strong partner by his side to support him through the highs and lows of life
- Casual dating no longer interests him, he’s looking for something more. Meeting too many women who he isn’t really interested in has become a tiresome exercise
- He starts disliking meaningless physical intimacy with different women
- When he probably meets the ideal woman in his life
- He craves for true love which is enriching, giving, caring and fulfilling
- He becomes financially independent and personally competent, which makes him want to settle down with one woman once and for all
- The insistence of family members and friends might make him settle down
15 Signs he wants to settle down with you
1. He exhibits the traits of responsibility
He acts responsibly and takes responsibility for his actions.
2. He respects your opinions, beliefs and decisions
When a man is ready for a serious commitment, he will be accommodating. He will not refute you but will respect your opinions, beliefs and decisions. Making room for your needs and desires will be his priority. He realises that his life now is not just about himself but also about you. For example, he will consult you before making any major life decisions; he will make plans after checking with you and so on. A man will only do this when he is ready to settle down with you.
3. He gets along with your family and friends
These people are the closest to you and if he takes the initiative to get along with them, then it means you are special to him. He also tries to get you acquainted with his family and friends.
Related reading: 5 Tips To Introduce Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend To Your Parents
4. His spending habits start changing
When you both started dating, did your man spend money recklessly? Does he do that even now? If not, then he is probably thinking about settling down with you. He will start saving up more and take your advice on how to spend money. In addition, he will be ready to spend money for your needs and keep letting you know that his money belongs to you as well. He would save so that he can settle down with you.
5. He keeps discussing the future with you
He will discuss the future with you in a very practical and real way. He wants to make sure that you both are on the same page and takes a straightforward approach when it comes to dealing with the issues of the future together.
6. His true self is manifested around you
7. He does not mind if you leave things behind at his home
Related Reading: How To Choose A Life Partner – 12 Expert Tips To Find The Best Mate
8. He encourages you to become a better person
He will help you grow as a person and will want you to realise your full potential. He will push you just enough to reach your goals. It will feel like you have found your soulmate.
9. Physical intimacy will not be his priority
Men who do not want to settle down generally are in a relationship for physical intimacy. But if a man is not desperate to be physically intimate with you and gives you enough time to get comfortable around him, it means he is serious about you. He’s not really in a rush because he knows he has plenty of time since he wants to settle down with you.
Related Reading: 7 Types Of Intimacy In A Relationship
10. He will be protective but in a reasonable way
11. He expresses his love for you openly
Remember, if a guy loves you he won’t be afraid to express his love for you. He will be open and honest about his feelings towards you and won’t shy away from being expressive even in front of his friends and family.
12. As time goes by, he prefers spending time with you
Sitting at home and watching a movie with you; having dinner with you after a tiring day of work; going out with you during his free time – these are the things he will enjoy doing with you if he wants to settle down with you. He will love his time with you and might choose it over partying with friends or spending time alone.
13. He keeps in touch with you all through the day
Related Reading: 6 signs your partner truly loves you; signs we almost always miss
14. He blindly trusts you
Your guy will probably share each and every moment of his life with you, whether good or bad. He will trust you with everything and will make you his ultimate confidant.
15. Relationship milestones do not scare him
So girls, if you see your man in these signs, chances are, you have found your soulmate. So, embrace this man who genuinely wants to spend the rest of his life with you with his whole heart and soul.