Having a female best friend is having a sister, partner-in-crime, sounding board, and support system all in one. They understand you in a way very few can, and you never have to worry about being alone as long as you have them in your life. You can talk 10 times a day or just once a month but either way, you know they have your back when you need them to.
We’ve put together a list of 9 quotes about female friendship to help you appreciate your bestie and let them know just how special they are to you.
1. “True friends are like diamonds—bright, beautiful, valuable, and always in style.” -Nicole Richie
2. “It’s important to have girlfriends, because guys tend to come and go.”
3. “Abandon the cultural myth that all female friendships must be bitchy, toxic, or competitive. This myth is like heels and purses — pretty but designed to SLOW women down.” ― Roxane Gay
4. “It’s the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.” – Marlene Dietrich
5. “Things are never quite as scary when you’ve got a best friend.” – Bill Watterson
6. “Close friends are truly life’s treasures. Sometimes they know us better than we know ourselves.” -Vincent Van Gogh
7. “Life is an awful, ugly place to not have a best friend.” – Sarah Dessen
8. “I don’t know what I would have done so many times in my life if I hadn’t had my girlfriends.” – Reese Witherspoon
9. “A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.” —Elbert Hubbard