Are you dating someone who constantly seeks admiration but couldn’t care less about your feelings and needs? Or you are friends with someone who has an inflated sense of ego and does not have even the slightest empathy toward others?
If this sounds familiar, then you are probably dealing with a narcissist—one who always has the urge to control people and ruthlessly wants his demands met.
Dealing with a narcissist is tough and you must have the resilience to face the negativity and attacks. You also need to learn how to self-love yourself. Read on through these narcissist quotes that can help you handle a situation involving narcissist abuse.
1. “But that’s the thing about narcissists. They can try to fool you, with all their heart, but in the end, they’re just fooling themselves.” – Ellie Fox
2. “Narcissistic love is riding on the rollercoaster of disaster filled with a heart full of tears.” – Sheree Griffin
3. “The narcissist devours people, consumes their output, and casts the empty, writhing shells.” – Sam Vaknin
4. “Love doesn’t die a natural death. Love has to be killed, either by neglect or narcissism.” – Frank Salvato
5. “How starved you must have been that my heart became a meal for your ego.” – Amanda Torroni
6. “Narcissists will destroy your life, erode your self-esteem, and do it with such stealth as to make you feel that you are the one that’s letting them down.” – Unknown
7. “A man who loves others based solely on how they make him feel, or what they do for him, is really not loving others at all — but loving only himself.” – Criss Jami
8. “Relationships with narcissists are held in place by the hope of a ‘someday better,’ with little evidence to support it will ever arrive.”– Ramani Durvasula
9. “You can’t force someone to respect you, but you can refuse to be disrespected.” You will never really see how toxic someone is until you breathe fresher air.” – Unknown
10. “I didn’t leave because I stopped loving you. I left because the longer I stayed, the less I loved myself.” – Unknown
11. “Nobody should be in a position where they are suffering abuse at the hands of another, and if this is the case for you, stopping the abuse by leaving the situation is the only course of action to take.” – Theresa Jackson
12. “The spirit of arrogance most definitely makes you shine. It paints a bright red target on your own forehead.” – Criss Jami
13. “When your shadow grows bigger than you, know that your downfall is near.” – Abhijit Naskar