There’s a great fascination with astrology, with a focus on zodiac signs and compatibility. So much so that some people, before getting into a relationship, consult the stars. And if the zodiac signs show zero chances of success, they actually opt out of the relationship.
Our expert Aakanksha Jhunjhunwala (Masters in Counseling Psychology), who is an experienced astrologer with a history of working in the individual and family services industry, shares, “Star signs show one’s true nature, how you express yourself, what kind of interest you are likely to have, and the kind of partner you would find attractive.”
So, what is it like loving a Virgo? The secret lies in navigating their traits. Together with Aakanksha, we will show you how.
Virgos: Their Key Traits
Loving a Virgo can be a rewarding and rather unique experience. They are practical, intelligent, and have a laser focus to detail. But brutal truths about loving a Virgo means dealing with their less pleasant traits. Their perfection and high standards can put a huge strain on the relationship.
The Virgo traits are as follows.
- Perfectionist: Dating a Virgo means being ready to deal with their constant pursuit of perfection. That makes them want to have control over everything, which may come across as signs of a control freak
- Practical and grounded: What are Virgos known for in relationships? Well, they are down to earth, have a grounded nature, and are very reliable. Their practicality also makes them fantastic problem solvers
- Detail-oriented: Nothing gets by Virgos. They won’t forget your birthday, special anniversaries, or important things you like
- Analytical and logical: Virgos are very critical in their thinking and only make a decision based on logic and reason
- Caring and supportive: A Virgo as a lover is very caring and supportive. They express their care through practical gestures and genuine concern
- Insecure and prone to overthinking: Virgos have a high sense of self-awareness, which can manifest as overthinking and insecurity sometimes
- Reserved but passionate: Virgos in relationships can be very private and it can feel like you are dating an introvert. But once they open up, they can be passionate lovers
- Great communication style: Honesty and clear communication are important to Virgos in love
- Loyal and dependable: Virgos are loyal and dependable partners. You can always trust that they will be there for you
Aakanksha says, “Virgos are always misunderstood because they observe a lot, and analyze how to process all the information they have gathered. For them, it is important to understand which piece of information is relevant and which one is not. So, if you are looking for a partner who helps you in decision-making or becoming a bit organized, then Virgos are the best. The same applies if you think you are too emotional and need a practical partner.”
Who Are Virgos Most Compatible With?
The sixth zodiac sign, which falls between August 23 and September 22, is ruled by mercury. It is compatible with fellow Earth signs (Taurus and Capricorn) and water signs (Cancer and Pisces).
The Taurus sign, which is co-ruled by Venus, shares several traits with Virgos like being practical and grounded, and having a reliable nature. This can lead to a stable and very harmonious life together. Read more about Taurus man and Virgo woman compatibility in relationships.
Practical and ambitious perfectly describe the Capricorn traits. They are hardworking partners who value stability, much like the Virgo sign.
Related Reading: Loyal Relationship — Meaning And Characteristics
The intensity and passion of Scorpios will captivate Virgos. Both are loyal and committed, thus leading to deep and meaningful connections.
Virgos and Pisces complement each other when it comes to the analytical mind. They are both intuitive and empathic, hence the stability in their dynamic.
Cancer has a great emotional depth and understanding that fits well with Virgos. The sign is also very nurturing and caring. This creates a supportive and loving relationship. You can learn about the other signs most compatible with Cancer too.
Two Virgos can have a deep and strong bond due to the shared values of practicality and attention to detail. They understand each other’s needs for order, cleanliness, perfection, and more.
Virgos are not compatible with the Aries sign because of differences in communication style. The lighthearted and talkative nature of Aries differs from the more serious and reserved nature of Virgos. Aakansha says, “Virgo should never date an Aries. Aries could get triggered very quickly when given any feedback about their nature or habits. Also, they may act impulsively and spontaneously, whereas Virgo likes to plan and organize well in advance. They will have lots of clashes and arguments as they approach life in very different ways, and they may not get along much for a long time.”
Loving A Virgo — The Good And The Bad
Dating a Virgo can be extremely rewarding. But it depends on your perspective. What are Virgos like as sexual mates, partners, spouses, or exes? Here’s the lowdown.
1. Virgo as a lover
Virgos are sensual and constantly look for ways to please their partners. This stems from their appreciation of the finer things in life. As good communicators, they express their desires and listen to yours, thus enhancing your mutual sexual experience.
Expect plenty of attention and affection from your Virgo lover. Plenty of romantic days full of good food, wine, and music await. Despite their reserved nature, they are not averse to experimentation, and that includes what you do in the bedroom.
Their critical nature extends to themselves and their partners. That can make them hard to please. Their need for perfection can make them rather uptight and unable to let go of things. Their need for careful planning also makes them less spontaneous with regard to sexual adventures. Learn important tips on dating an overthinker.
2. Virgo as a spouse
Being married to a Virgo is a never-ending adventure for yourself and family. Let’s see the good and the bad of being their forever partner.
Being married to a Virgo man
Being married to a Virgo man allows you to enjoy their positive traits every day. But there are definitely some challenges as well.
Loving a Virgo man means a stable and supportive home environment. A Virgo man in love is:
- Stable and dependable
- Practical and organized
- Supportive, romantic, and caring
- Rational communicator
Being in love with a Virgo man comes with some challenges. Here are a few:
- Their high standards can be hard to meet. They can be hard on you and themselves as they try to achieve perfection
- They overthink things, which can lead to stress and worry
- Their reserved nature can be challenging to deal with
- They have critical tendencies and may focus on flaws in the form of feedback, which may not be well-received by their partner
Related Reading: 7 Zodiac Signs That Are Known To Be Master Manipulators
Being married to a Virgo woman
Being married to a Virgo woman is pretty similar to what you will experience with a Virgo man. But here’s a nuanced take.
You can expect Virgo women to be:
- Organized and efficient, which is great for the family
- Supportive and caring
- Practical problem-solvers
- Loyal and committed to their spouse
- Really passionate in bed once they open up
Perfectionism can cause a lot of undue stress. Here are some of its effects:
- Virgo women overthink, thus causing unnecessary worry and the need for constant reassurance and understanding.
- Their critical tendencies can push people away
- Their reserved nature makes it hard for them to trust you easily
- Their logic overrides emotion sometimes
3. Virgo in a relationship
When in a relationship with a Virgo, patience, mutual respect, and good communication are critical in navigating the relationship nuances. Let’s discuss.
Expect loyalty and dependability when in a relationship with a Virgo man or woman. They are trustworthy partners who remain committed to you. Their family and friends can attest to this truth.
Don’t expect too many verbal expressions of love due to their reserved nature. Also, it’s challenging to be with someone who’s critical or demands perfection most of the time. Communicate how you feel clearly and honestly, and establish boundaries.
4. Virgo as an ex
Virgos are wonderful partners who offer a lot to their relationships — even after they’ve ended sometimes. Let’s see what the exes think about Virgos.
The Virgo’s analytical nature allows them to diagnose the reason the relationship didn’t work out. That way, they can remain respectful and civil. Even years later, they can remain a good friend to their ex. For example, they would focus on practical matters like co-parenting, rather than the emotional aspects of the ended relationship.
Related Reading: 12 Co-Parenting Rules For Divorced Couples
Overthinking can hold them hostage to past relationships. They may find it challenging to let go completely and can become bitter, resentful, and grudge-holders in some situations.
Can you expect a Virgo to change some of their less positive traits? According to Aakanksha, “Virgo is a dual sign and an Earth sign, so you can definitely expect them to change over time in a relationship. The duality trait gives them the flexibility to change according to the situation. They like that you are being real by sharing your issues with them. They will analyze and try to bring perfection in the relationship when they become aware of any conflict, even if that means they have to bring change in themselves. It is because they not only expect perfection from others but from their own behavior as well.”
What Are Virgos Like When They Are In Love?
Devoted, attentive, supportive, and reliable are some words to express how Virgos in love are. The loyalty and commitment mean they will always work extra hard to make the relationship succeed. Acts like cooking, giving massages, or running errands are their love language. Do you want to experience all these? Well, find out how to make a Virgo man chase you if that’s the sign you want as your partner.
However, Virgos go through a range of emotions, like anyone else. Their fear of imperfection can make them hard to relate with sometimes. The over-analytical nature brings up moments of insecurity. They can also be pretty assertive. Do not lose yourself in a relationship trying to please your Virgo partner. Work on being your best self to have a long-haul relationship. Without boundaries, they can unwittingly overpower you with their constant need for perfection, reassurance, and understanding.
According to Aakanksha, “In order to avoid losing yourself when in love with a Virgo, here’s what you can do:
- Do not get influenced by their behavior of criticizing you
- They may not be totally aware of how it impacts you. So, you need to be expressive about how it is making you feel in order to make them understand your side of the story
- They are not criticizing you because you are wrong or bad, they just have a tendency to expect and have things perfect around them. So, don’t take it personally.”
Related Reading: 12 Signs You Are Dating Someone With A God Complex
- Virgos in relationships are stable, attentive, practical, and grounded
- Some of their traits, like perfectionism and high standards, can strain the relationship
- Virgos show their true feelings through selfless service and not always through verbal expression of romance and love
- Virgos complement Earth signs (Taurus and Capricorn) and water signs (Cancer and Pisces). But, they are not compatible with fire signs (Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius) and air signs (Gemini, Libra, and Aquarius)
Virgos make great partners who bring their best qualities to the table. They are intelligent, practical, and devoted. Take time to understand their key traits, though. It helps navigate their needs and build a strong and lasting relationship full of romance. One more thing to remember: Compatibility is based on more than just astrology and star signs. Many other factors contribute to a successful relationship, such as personality, values, and life goals.
Dating a Virgo can be hard and challenging at first. They are shy, reserved, and take a long time to trust people. And they have high standards and expectations for their partner. But once they fall in love, they are loyal, committed, and devoted.
Practical acts of service are a Virgo’s ways of showing love. They will cook, run errands, help with household chores, take care of you when you’re sick, etc.
Virgos are incompatible with the fire sign because of personality and value differences. These include Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius. The fire sign is impulsive, spontaneous, and passionate. This is different from the cautious, practical, and analytical nature of Virgos.