Narcissistic Relationship Pattern
- the tendency to seek admiration and special treatment (otherwise known as narcissism)
- being callous and insensitive (psychopathy) and
- manipulating others (Machiavellianism).
Can You Have A Relationship With A Narcissist?
although people with NPD experience high self-esteem, it is also fragile and insecure. Their self-esteem fluctuates from moment to moment and day to day.
7 Reasons Why Narcissists Can’t Maintain Intimate Relationships
1. A narcissist has no friends
Sadly, most narcissists, do not befriend many people because they rarely find anyone worth their friendship. It is therefore evident that such people are poor at displaying their emotions. They don’t know what it takes to make relationships work and find it hard to care for others.
2. They have a huge ego
Narcissists are also full of themselves. This leads to numerous ego clashes. In an argument with their lover, they often do not apologise. They are comfortable with living alone should their partner decide to stop talking with them. In such cases, how can one expect to have an intimate relationship? They are unapologetically more in love with themselves. Their ‘I am the best’ mindset sets them on a turbulent ride when it comes to matters of love.
3. A narcissist is self-obsessed
4. Narcissists have no empathy
In order to connect emotionally with your spouse, it is very important to understand your better half. Unfortunately, narcissists lack this trait.
5. They have a superiority complex
Related reading: Exposing a Narcissist – What You Should Know
6. Narcissists are hungry for praise
Read more: 8 Signs you are being ‘love bombed.’