First dates usually mean a lot to most of the people and some even imagine their future with the partner during their first date. This is more so in case of men than women. (Source). A first date is the best way to create a lasting impression on the mind of the partner and to establish a good relationship with him or her in the future. With the right kind of attitude and amazing style quotient, a first date can turn into the most memorable moment of your life.
Why is it necessary to dress appropriately on a first date?
The way you dress speaks volume about the person you are. It is a way of expressing your style, personality, beliefs and values. If you want to make yourself presentable and irresistible to your partner then you have to dress appropriately on a first date. Your clothing will give you an opportunity to be confident and highlight that part of your body which you love the most.
Dating and being comfortable in the clothes you wear goes hand in hand. Until and unless you are dressed comfortably, you will not be able to enjoy your first date. Dress skillfully to show your partner that you have made the effort to look beautiful for him or her.
First date in winters? Here’s what you should know
- Your winter clothing should match the venue, time and activity of the first date planned
- Mix and match winter outfits from your wardrobe itself if you are in no mood for shopping. In case you have nothing to wear on your first date then do not hesitate to go shopping. However try out as many options as possible
- Select an outfit that will make you feel comfortable and protected because staying warm during the date should be your main concern. Also consider if the venue of the date is open or closed
- Go through the internet and browse through some of the hottest trends related to winter clothing. You might get some great ideas on how to dress while you remain chic and warm from the internet
- Color of the dress should preferably be the one which suits you and enhances your looks
- Even think about the hairstyle and accessories that you are going to wear with the outfit well in advance
- Pre-date grooming will be essential for those who are lacking the confident quotient
- Another thing that you should keep in mind while choosing your winter outfit is the preferences of the guy/girl in question
Winter outfit ideas for women going on a first date
- Wear a low V neck sweater or sweatshirt to look cleverly sensual. Couple it with a pair of jeans that fit you well and flatter your body. Wear bright colored heels and delicate pieces of jewelry to complete the look
- If you prefer dresses then you can select any of your lace dress and wear a matching winter coat with it. Pick a stylish foulard, attractive bag and high winter boots to go with the entire outfit
- Nowadays sweater dresses are a hot trend among the girls. So if you happen to have one then wear that with over-the-knee winter boots and you are surely going to impress your date
- Turtleneck, pleated skirt and flat shoes can become the perfect winter outfit for your first date. All you have to do is a pick a color for the turtleneck and skirt that compliments your complexion
- Any color t-shirt, tuxedo blazer and a skinny pair of jeans would make a stylish combo for your winter date
- Pick a comfortable yet sexy jumpsuit for the occasion. Wear long socks beneath it and select a pair of funky winter boots to go with it. You can beautify the entire look by using a headband to match the jumpsuit
- For a sporty yet classy date look, you can wear black jeans and a contrasting color top. Couple it with a studded leather jacket (black in color).Choker necklaces and studded bracelets would go well with this look
Winter outfit ideas for men going on a first date
- Woolen turtleneck, tuxedo blazer, tuxedo pants and winter boots- these will make you look so dapper that your date will not be able to take her eyes off you
- Wear white pants, any light colored casual shirt, matching dark color blazer with sneakers to perfectly balance the dressed up and casual look for your first date
- Denim shirt, tie, a classic blazer and contrasting colored pants can be a look you can rock on your first date
- Pick your favorite round neck sweater and trousers. To give the outfit a winter look, wear a matching beanie and winter scarf with it
- V-neck sweater coupled with well-fitted pair of jeans and a chic winter scarf can be another winter outfit that you can pull off
- You can even wear a full sleeve or half sleeve t-shirt, a sleeveless jacket on top with jeans. A beanie and a scarf would also go with such an outfit
What should you avoid wearing on a first date?
This particular piece of advice is both for men and women:
- Do not apply cologne. In case you do have to apply it then apply it an hour before you leave for your first date so that the smell is not too gripping
- Women should keep in mind the season and not opt for clothing that reveal too much skin. If you keep on shivering because of exposure to cold, the whole date could be a bad experience
- Winter dates are meant to be cozy and warm, so when you finalise the venue, make sure it is either indoors or very well-warmed outdoors. A date by the bonfire would make anyone feel special!
- You do not want to represent yourself as a desperate person. So make sure you do not over dress and be as sophistically dressed as possible
- On the other hand, do not be too under dressed even because that can also give wrong signals to your date that you are disinterested
- Groom yourself before going on your first date in order to capture the heart of your partner
Hope the article helps sort out the most difficult dilemma of what clothes to wear that any person faces when he or she is about to go on a first date during the winter season.Published in