They say distance makes the heart grow fonder. Chances are whoever came up with this saying never had to endure the turmoil of a long-distance relationship. Being away from the one you love can leave you riddled with a host of insecurities – losing the bond you share, drifting apart, falling out of love. Well, you can negate some of these fears by asking your partner the right long-distance relationship questions to help keep the spark alive.
In this article, we have made a list of 175 (yep, you read that right) amazing questions to ask your long-distance partner.
175 Long-Distance Relationship Questions To Strengthen Your Bond
Good and honest communication is the backbone of any relationship. This theory is put to the test in a long-distance relationship because communication is pretty much the only thing that can keep you together. However, thinking of conversation topics every day and keeping your interactions interesting can begin to feel like a lot of work.
Sometimes you can run out of questions to ask in a long-distance relationship and that’s where we come to your rescue. From love and loss to hobbies and pet peeves, here are 175 long-distance relationship questions to ask each other and stay connected.
Romantic long-distance questions to ask your partner
Even when your partner is not in front of you, the romance should stay alive. Though you cannot share a candlelight dinner under the moonlight, you can keep the romance alive by asking the following romantic long-distance relationship questions:
- What is your first memory of me?
- Do you remember the moment you fell in love with me?
- What is the one place you want to travel to with me?
- How would you describe an ideal long-distance boyfriend/girlfriend?
- If you were here, how would you like us to spend our date night?
- What is your favorite thing about me?
- What is the most important element in maintaining a long-distance relationship?
- What is the No. 1 thing you look for in a long-distance boyfriend/girlfriend?
- What is your favorite thing to do on a date?
- What is the most romantic place you’ve ever visited?
- What would be an ideal romantic gift for you?
- Do you have a favorite love song?
- What is your favorite movie to watch on date night?
- What are your thoughts about virtual date nights?
- What is your favorite memory of us till now?
- If we were not a long-distance couple, what would we be doing now?
- What is your love language?
- What do you think is my love language?
- If you had to, how would you describe me to someone else?
- Do you believe that soulmates exist?
- Do you think a long-distance relationship holds strong if you communicate more?
- Do you think we would have been a couple in high school?
- What is the one flaw of mine which you don’t see as a flaw?
- What is your favorite part about dating me?
- If I were having a bad day, what would you do to cheer me up?
Related Reading: 18 Things To Know Before Starting A Long-Distance Relationship
Some of these are extremely romantic questions to ask your girlfriend/boyfriend and the answers can help you understand each other’s romantic expectations from a long-distance relationship.
Deep questions for your long-distance partner
In a long-distance relationship, deep questions are a tunnel to the heart and soul of your partner. Not only do they bring you closer, but they also allow you to share a part of yourself with your partner even when you are away from them.
If you feel as if you’re having trouble strengthening the emotional intimacy in your bond, you can refer to these long-distance relationship questions for him. We say him because sometimes men are hesitant in exposing their vulnerable side, which can lead to the girlfriend feeling lonely. If you ever feel disconnected, here are some deep questions to ask your boyfriend in a long-distance relationship (though you can just as well as a girl these questions):
- Do you believe in long-distance relationships?
- Where do you see us five years from now?
- What is the one thing you think could change in our relationship?
- Would you want to get married someday?
- What is the one thing that is special between us that you have never done or will not do with anyone else?
- If we ever broke up, would you still be friends with me?
- What is the one thing about your parents that you appreciate the most?
- Growing up, how have friends influenced your perspectives and choices?
- Who are you closer to, your mom or dad? Why?
- What is the biggest mistake you have made in your life?
- Is there something you regret in your life?
- Do I make a good long-distance partner?
- Are you happy with the way your parents raised you?
- What do you miss the most about your country’s culture?
- What are the major landmarks you want to achieve before you turn 40?
- What is the one achievement you’re most proud of and why?
- Are you comfortable with emotional intimacy or is it difficult for you?
- What is the best memory of your friends from childhood?
- What makes your family special?
- What are your siblings like?
- How close are you with your siblings?
- What’s your favorite meal to eat with your family?
- What’s your passion in life?
- What task or activity makes you feel happy?
- Do you make decisions based on logic or emotions?
Related Reading: 35 Long-Distance Relationship Activities To Bond Over
In a long-distance relationship, deep questions are a savior. The beauty of these questions lies in their simplicity. There is so much you can learn about your partner with these seemingly innocuous questions.
Pro tip: Don’t rush through these questions in one go. Instead, use a few at a time and use them as a starting point for a meaningful conversation with your long-distance partner.
Casual questions for LDR couples
Being in a long-distance relationship does not mean that you have to spend your days sulking and brooding. You can make the most of any situation by keeping things light.
There might be days when your partner just wants to have a laugh with you or simply talk about nothing and everything. Of course, it is also possible that as a boyfriend, you have run out of questions to ask your girlfriend in a long-distance relationship.
Well, if in a long-distance relationship, deep questions are not your cup of tea, here is a list of casual long-distance relationship questions to ask each other:
- What’s your favorite nickname?
- What is your family dynamic like?
- Do you have a weird habit or a quirk?
- How would you describe the high school version of yourself?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Would you rather: never watch movies or never listen to music?
- According to you, what is the dumbest thing you’ve ever done?
- What is a silly accomplishment you are secretly proud of?
- What are your best sleepover memories as a teenager?
- What is the one household chore you hate doing and one that you love?
- Do you sing in the shower?
- When someone gives you a gift, do you like it or do you get awkward?
- If you were on a deserted island, what are the 10 things you would bring with you?
- Give me a detailed itinerary of your dream holiday
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
- If you received a million dollars, how would you spend them?
- What’s the best gift you have ever received?
- Have you met a celebrity or a famous person?
- Which is the best movie you have ever seen?
- What’s your favorite dessert?
- What’s your favorite sports team?
- Do you believe in astrological compatibility?
- What’s your favorite meal?
- What’s the weirdest dream you have ever had?
- What do you hate the most about long-distance dating?
Related Reading: How To Keep An International Long-Distance Relationship Alive
For most long-distance couples, missing each other during life’s fun moments is the biggest challenge in a long-distance relationship. Well, these are some questions to ask your girlfriend or boyfriend in a long-distance relationship to beat those blues.
Conversations starters in long-distance relationships
Silence can make way for itself between a long-distance couple because there are times when you have nothing to talk about. Because you aren’t physically present with each other, it is only normal to run out of topics to talk about with your long-distance partner.
Silence represents comfort when you are together but in a long-distance relationship, it can be a matter of concern. Sometimes, it can also happen that your partner is having a bad day and you are not able to find a starting point for a conversation to make them talk to you. All this is part of a long-distance relationship. Here are some conversation starters which can help you break the ice:
- Do you consider yourself to be a nature lover?
- What’s your morning routine these days?
- What was your favorite college experience?
- Would you rather go to national parks or art museums?
- What are some other languages you would like to learn?
- Have you made any new friends recently?
- If you could invite any person alive to dinner, who would you pick and why?
- What is your favorite cuisine?
- What is the one thing you regret purchasing?
- What is the biggest career-related fear you have right now?
- What are your goals for the next 5 years?
- Do you see yourself starting your own business?
- If you had to plan an awesome road trip, what route would you choose?
- What is the one thing you love about your everyday life?
- Do you think our personalities complement each other well?
- Do a person’s music choices influence your opinion of them?
- What are the best ways to cheer you up?
- What are the worst ways to cheer you up?
- What’s your happiest memory from your school life?
- What is the most embarrassing thing you did as a child?
- Is there something about your everyday life that you wish to change?
- What are the things that bring you joy?
- Which alternate career would you choose if money wasn’t a concern?
- Which is your favorite restaurant?
- Who was your first-ever best friend?
Related Reading: How To Have A Successful Long-Distance Relationship
All these long-distance relationship questions will lead you to have a long conversation with your silent long-distance partner. Don’t exhaust them all in a day. Note these down and save them for days when both of you have run out of conversation topics.
Sexy long-distance relationship questions
Physical intimacy is as important as emotional intimacy in a relationship. Keeping the flame of passion burning despite the distance can be tricky. If you are experiencing trouble in that region of paradise, here are some saucy and sexy questions to ask in a long-distance relationship:
- Do you have a favorite scene from a movie that you want to recreate?
- Do you have any fetishes?
- What are your wildest sexual fantasies?
- Sexting or sex on a video call?
- Would you rather see me in lingerie or wearing nothing?
- How do you feel when we make out?
- Do you wanna be a part of the mile-high club?
- What do you think about the dirty talk?
- What is your thought about beach sex?
- What do you like the most in bed?
- What about me do you find the sexiest?
- If I were in the room right now, what would you want me to do to you?
- What are your thoughts on foreplay?
- Would you like to bring toys to the bed?
- What’s the one thing you want to do to me but haven’t done yet?
- Have you ever had the urge to rip my clothes off?
- What’s your favorite sex position?
- If we were to role-play, how would you like me to dress up?
- What are you wearing right now?
- Would you like it if I blindfolded you and then went down on you?
- What is your biggest turn-on?
- What is the craziest place in which you wanna make out?
- Do you like it rough or gentle?
- How high is your sex drive?
- Tell me the one thing you want me to do to you.
Related Reading: Successful Long Distance Relationship Love Story
In a relationship, long distance should not come in the way of intimacy. This is a comprehensive list of long-distance questions for him/her to drive you crazy during phone sex. So, pick up the phone, open a bottle of wine and spend a night exploring each other!
Long-distance relationship questions about the past
If you want to feel connected to your partner on a deeper level, you can always talk about their past to understand what has influenced their personality. It is an insight into the inner workings of a person’s mind. From biggest regret to music choices as a teenager, here are some interesting questions to ask your boyfriend or girlfriend in a long-distance relationship:
- What were you like as a child?
- What is your first-ever memory?
- As a child, who did you feel more connected with – your mom or your dad?
- What was your relationship like with your sibling when you were a kid?
- Who was your best friend when you were growing up?
- What were your music choices as a teenager?
- If you had to watch a movie from your childhood, which one would it be?
- Do you have any good or bad sleepover memories from your childhood?
- What was your biggest fear as a child?
- What did you want to become when you were growing up?
- What is a family special recipe that everyone loves but you don’t?
- What was your favorite meal to eat on a Sunday?
- Who was your favorite friend from the opposite sex as a child?
- When was the first time you fell in love and with whom?
- If you had to change one thing about the way your parents raised you, what would it be?
- What was your favorite thing to do as a child?
- Did you have any hobbies growing up?
- Who was your first kiss?
- What is your worst memory about school?
- What was your worst breakup?
- Which dream holiday did you go on as a child?
- What was your morning routine like as a child?
- What is the stupidest thing you have done as a child?
- How have your friends influenced your personality?
- What is your deepest regret from your childhood?
Related Reading: 9 Best Long-Distance Couple Apps To Download NOW!
While a long-distance relationship holds many challenges, it is also a period of deep discovery and understanding. If you see a future with your long-distance partner, asking them these questions can help you uncover many secrets.
Long-distance relationship questions about the future
If you are in a serious relationship, you would want to know what the other person’s plans for the future are. Do they see you in their future? Are there any major landmarks in life that they want to achieve? To help you get started, here is a list of questions about the future to ask in a long-distance relationship:
- What are the top 5 things on your bucket list?
- Do you see me in your future?
- Where do you want to be in the next 10 years?
- What is your biggest personal goal?
- What are the financial goals you have set for yourself?
- Do you want to get married?
- Do you see yourself having children?
- Are there any survival skills you want to learn?
- Where do you see yourself living when you retire?
- What are your goals in a relationship?
- What is the one thing you want to achieve before you die?
- Which habit of yours do you want to change?
- What are some new habits you want to learn?
- What would you want your morning routine to look like 5 years from now?
- If you could see the future, what is the one thing you want to know?
- What has been the biggest dream in your entire life?
- How do you want people to remember you?
- Are there any physical goals you have set for yourself?
- What is one beaten path which you don’t want to walk on in the future?
- What kind of married life do you want?
- What is your dream house?
- What are the hobbies you want your future self to acquire?
- Who is the one person in your life right now that you don’t want in your future?
- How do you want our relationship to evolve in the long run?
- When we finally meet, what is the first thing you would want us to do?
Aren’t these questions something? You will not only learn more about your partner but will also understand what kind of life they are imagining for themselves if you both are on the same page or not.
All said and done, relationships are not a cakewalk. Nothing can replace the warmth of being next to the person you love. However, these long-distance relationship questions can bring you closer to that experience! We hope this was a helpful list and you will make the most of it!