Being on a dating app can be equivalent to a trip to the haunted house. You feel nervous, apprehensive, and lost. However, there are ways to turn this experience around. For instance, the right Bumble conversation starters can turn this nightmare into a dream.
The essence of starting a conversation is remembering that, on the other side of the screen, is a person as human as you are. You want to catch their attention without creeping them out. While you can always message them with a simple ‘hey’, taking things a notch higher and using fun conversation starters can put you above the rest.
Don’t know where to begin your message? Fret not! We have done the homework for you. Keep reading for a list of 50 conversation starters on Bumble served with a side of friendly advice.
50 Bumble Conversation Starters To Yield A Reply
Never again will you be left on seen because you have us – the dating savior. When it comes to online dating, first impressions are everything! That’s why the first message – or even the first few – you send a match can make or break a connection. If you lack a natural flair for saying the right thing at the right time or spontaneity isn’t your strongest suit, conversation starters on Bumble can be a huge asset to your online dating game.
Good Bumble conversation starters are well thought out, catch attention, and do not make the person feel like burning their eyes. So, without much ado, let’s get started!
1. Start by highlighting commonalities
The best way to start a conversation on Bumble is to show the other person how much you have in common. This gives you a starting point to dive into and keep a conversation going.
Good conversation starters are the key to unlocking a person’s mind and getting them interested in you, particularly on a dating app. Here are some Bumble conversation starters and messages that prove useful:
- Hey! I see ____ is your favorite song. Mine too! What a coincidence!
- I see, you and I both love traveling…
- Funny! We both share the same hidden talent
- My favorite movie is the same as yours, we should get together and watch it sometime
- Hey! I see we both like ___. Wanna go on an ice cream date and see what other things we have in common?
- How did you know I like _____ too?
- I love [their listed favorite food] too. Have you ever been to [local restaurant]?
- Small world, I also went to (their high school/college). What did you study?
- Hey! I grew up in ______ too! When did you move to the city?
- What a weird coincidence, I was at that concert too!
Related Reading: Online Dating: 8 Relationship Tips To Make It Work For You
If you are ever wondering how to start a conversation with a girl or a guy, this is one of the best tips to follow. Highlighting commonalities is always a good conversation starter to get someone intrigued. After all, aren’t we all in the search of someone who understands us a little bit?
2. Ask meaningful open-ended questions
Wondering how to start a conversation with a guy/girl you can’t stop thinking about? Well, apart from an impressive dating profile, the key is asking open-ended questions, giving them a chance to really open up to you and not limit their answers to a yes or no.
Your opening lines shouldn’t be a close-ended statement or a question because this paves the way for a boring and dry conversation. Here are some examples of opened-ended questions and messages that serve as some of the best conversation starters:
- What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
- What kind of music do you listen to?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- What’s the best book you’ve read recently?
- What would be your dream job if money wasn’t a concern?
- What’s that one food item you can eat at any given moment?
- What’s your favorite song to jam to while in the shower?
- If you were super hungry, what is the first restaurant that’d come to your mind?
- Do you think the world is full of mythical creatures?
- What’s one place you’ve always wanted to visit but haven’t yet?
Related Reading: 21 Flirting Signs From A Woman You Never Knew About
Asking open-ended questions is a clever way to ensure that you are giving the other person space to take the conversation forward and is better than asking a random question and getting left seen.
3. Begin with flattery
Everyone likes flattery, especially on a dating app. Flattery is the sincerest form of validation when it comes to Bumble conversation starters and goes a long way in making the other person interested in what you have to say. If you constantly find yourself asking how to start a conversation with a girl/guy, here are some examples of messages and conversations starters for Bumble to help you:
- Hey! I’m sure I’m not the first person to tell you that you have the face of an angel.
- Hey! My dating coach says I need to look for a girl that’s good for my heart. And I think I’ve found her!
- Hey! Is calling you gorgeous a good opening line or should I try something better?
- Hey! My dating coach said that a brown-eyed guy would be my good luck charm. And, you have the most beautiful brown eyes.
- Fancy meeting you here! Shouldn’t you be gracing a fashion runway instead?
- Hey! You look like someone who would prefer deep conversations over small talk.
- Most people will say you are beautiful. I say the definition of beauty was created just for you.
- I like guys who make the first move, but you seem special…
- Never have I ever….seen a smile as bright as yours
- Your bio is so unique, what inspired you to write it?
4. Ask about their interests
More often than not, the ideas for the best Bumble conversation starters are hidden in the bio of the person you’re talking to. If you look closely, you will find something about the last song they heard or a million ways to make them laugh, or even something as simple as the best concert they have ever attended.
All you have to do is look for their interests and ask them about them. Confused? Here are some good conversation starters and messages to get the ball rolling:
- Hey! If we were to go on a first date, what would be the ideal place for you?
- What’s a secret talent that only you have?
- Your holiday photos are amazing! What is the most memorable holiday you have been on?
- What is the best advice you have ever received?
- What is a fun way to spend a Sunday afternoon, according to you?
- What is the weirdest thing you want to try?
- If there were a million ways to say I love you, which one would you choose and why?
- What is the worst thing a person can say to you?
- What are some of the best opening lines you have heard on a dating app?
- Which is your favorite song from your teenage years and why?
When you message a person, you have to ensure that you are asking them about their interests and actively taking a part in contributing to the conversations. Starting a conversation is not enough. You need to know how to take the conversation forward. Don’t limit yourself to random questions. Ask something meaningful instead.
5. Tickle the funny bone
Bumble conversation starters are funny yet smart – now that’s a tricky balance to strike, but if you can nail it, it’s the easiest way to make a favorable impression. And you’ll realize, starting a conversation and sending messages on a dating app is not as intimidating as it sounds. You don’t always have to say something serious or flattering.
The way to a person’s heart is through their laughter. Light-hearted and fun Bumble conversation starters are a good point to catch the attention of the other person. If you are not looking for a serious relationship and just want to make friends on Bumble, you can also try bumble BFF conversation starters, which are funny and thus not intimidating or off-putting.
Ain’t got a funny bone in your body? No worries. Here are some fun conversation starters and messages which are sure to get a chuckle:
- Do you believe in love at first swipe, or do I need to swipe right again?
- What’s your favorite cheesy pickup line?
- Two truths and a lie, go!
- What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
- What’s the best prank you’ve ever pulled?
- What’s the most ridiculous thing you’ve ever bought?
- Do you think aliens exist? Prove it.
- What’s the funniest thing that’s ever happened to you?
- What’s the most unusual talent you have?
- What’s the funniest joke you know?
These Bumble conversation starters’ funny examples will come in handy whenever you want to make the other person smile. Even if you aren’t downright hilarious every time, fun Bumble conversation starters can be disarming and ensure that the other person replies to your message.
Starting a conversation on a dating app is not a herculean task if you have the right message for the right person. Talking about shared interests you find common ground on which you can build your connection. Likewise, showing genuine interest in the other person can make it easier for them to open up to you. Just make sure that you set the ground for a fun conversation. They may or may not respond but it is important to shoot your shot!