Camping is always an exciting idea, right? It becomes even more so when you do it with your partner. One of the best romantic camping ideas for couples includes looking at the night sky at a secluded campsite along with a lovely dinner and warm drinks.
Such experiences will not only bring you both closer, and make your bond stronger, but also make you healthier individually. In 2020, Canadian doctors made headlines for “prescribing nature.” They recommended time outdoors based on a study which showed that spending two or more hours in nature per week improved a person’s well-being.
However, if it’s your first time and you are not so sure about camping, you can also go for glamping. We have plenty of romantic glamping ideas lined up for you too. If you’re looking to create a memorable date, we’ve got you covered with these 17 romantic camping ideas to cozy up to your partner.
17 Romantic Camping Ideas To Cozy Up To Your SO
Table of Contents
Picture yourselves on a romantic camping date, snuggled up under a starlit sky, with the crackling of a mystical fire, and the sounds of nature as your soundtrack. Sounds amazing, doesn’t it? You can plan your camp according to your aesthetics. For example, you can choose one of the romantic RV campgrounds for a weekend getaway.
Given below is a list of things that you can do to add some dazzle to your couples camping trip. This includes some lovely and romantic glamping ideas too for those of you who need more comfort. Be ready for adventure vacations for couples!
1. Choose a romantic destination
Look for locations with romantic ambiance and breathtaking natural landscapes such as mountains, lakes, forests, or beaches. Seek out camping spots that offer a sense of seclusion and privacy.
- Opt for quieter and less crowded campsites or secluded areas within national parks or private campgrounds, allowing you to enjoy intimate moments without distractions. Or you can use the help of a travel agent to plan things out
- Consider destinations that offer romantic camping activities for couples, such as scenic hikes, picnic spots with stunning views, sunset or sunrise points, or stargazing opportunities. The best time to plan this romantic camping getaway is during the off-season, as this is the time when your camping destination would be less crowded
Related Reading: 20 Beautiful Summer Date Ideas For Couples
2. Most romantic ideas for camping start with setting up a cozy campsite
Camping for couples should be an experience to remember and cherish and to make sure of that, you need to be certain of a few things before you go out on your own. Select a spacious and comfortable tent that accommodates both of you. Opt for a tent with separate compartments for added privacy. You can list down romantic tent camping ideas that work for you and your partner. There are many camps that provide you with all the luxuries.
However, if you’re going to go ahead with romantic tent camping on your own, remember to bring double sleeping bags or air mattresses with extra pillows and cozy blankets. When camping, make sure the bedding is suitable for you to stay warm. Then find a suitable place to set up your cozy tent, and enjoy the solitude.
3. Prepare romantic campfire dinners
Having romantic camping meals with your partner is one of the best camping date night ideas for foodie couples who love to cook. You can plan your meals according to your preferences but in case you need some help, here are some great romantic camping dinner ideas:
- Grilled delicacies: Prepare marinated steaks, succulent kebabs, or juicy burgers to cook over the campfire. Add some grilled vegetables like asparagus, zucchini, or bell peppers for a flavorful and healthy touch
- Foil packet meals: Create individual foil packets filled with your favorite ingredients. You can combine seasoned chicken or fish with vegetables like potatoes, carrots, and onions. Seal the packets tightly and cook them over the fire until everything is tender and cooked to perfection
- Chocolate-covered strawberries: Strawberries dipped in chocolate have long been associated with indulgence and there couldn’t be anything better than this for a romantic camping meal. They are regarded as a traditional treat for special events such as candlelit dinners. Rich, velvety chocolate and sweet, lush strawberries come together to make a delicious and romantic camping food. This can add a warm essence to all of your romantic camping dinner ideas
- Multi-course meal: For a romantic camping evening, planning a multi-course meal might be a great way to wow your sweetheart. You can alter the meal to suit their preferences. Cook the most romantic camping food and delight them with a candlelit dinner
Related Reading: 6 Signs You Have A Foodie Partner…And You Are Loving It!
4. Don’t miss out on sunrise/sunset views
Looking for some romantic camping tips? Watching the sunrise or sunsets together is one of many romantic things to do while camping. Wake up early to catch the magical sunrise together. Witness the sun painting the sky with hues of orange and pink, and relish the quiet moment before the day begins. Likewise, make it a ritual to find a serene spot to watch the sunset, creating a beautiful backdrop for your romantic evening moments.
5. Plan stargazing sessions with your partner
One of the most beautiful and romantic camping activities for couples camping is stargazing. Take advantage of the clear night skies by lying together under a blanket and admiring the stars.
- Check the weather forecast for a clear night and plan your stargazing session accordingly
- Choose a time when the moon is not too bright, as it can wash out the visibility of stars
- Don’t forget to pack your cozy camp chairs; you can also make yourselves more comfy by bringing a double hammock
6. Outdoor picnics are one of the most unforgettable camping date night ideas
Having a great outdoor picnic is a delightful way to enjoy each other’s company in a natural and relaxed setting. You can also steal this one for your list of romantic RV camping ideas. Research revealed that those who like to camp are 23% less anxious than those who don’t. Those who camp are not just happier but also more connected to nature and enjoy better well-being than those who don’t.
Bring some fun stuff for camping like a comfortable and spacious blanket or picnic mat to sit on. Pack your food and drinks in a traditional picnic basket or a cooler to keep everything fresh. Prepare a selection of finger foods that are easy to eat and share. Consider items like sandwiches, wraps, fresh fruits, salads, dips, and pastries. Don’t forget to include some sweet treats for dessert such as hot chocolate to create a romantic dinner.
Related Reading: 101 Hobbies For Couples – Make Quality Time Count
7. Go for a fun hike
A hike can be a great activity to bring couples closer. It’s a great way to spend quality time together while enjoying the beauty of nature.
- Research and select a trail known for its stunning views, lush landscapes, or unique features
- Check the weather forecast and plan your hike accordingly
- Make sure to pack essentials such as sunscreen, insect repellent, comfortable footwear, and plenty of water
- Begin your hike early in the morning to avoid crowds and to enjoy the tranquility of nature
- Bring a camera or use your smartphone to capture special moments during this romantic hike
8. Indulge in couples’ massages
Having a couples’ massage during a romantic camping trip can be a wonderfully relaxing and intimate experience. Bring along a small bottle of massage oil or lotion. Opt for a scent that you both enjoy, such as lavender or eucalyptus, to enhance the peace. Create a cozy ambiance by using soft lighting. You can hang string lights around the area or use lanterns with a dim glow. Set up a portable speaker and play soft, soothing music to set a romantic mood.
9. Turn your romantic tent camping into a candlelit evening
Creating a candlelit evening during your couple’s camping trip can add a great touch of romance and intimacy to tent camping. Find a cozy and secluded spot in your campsite where you can set up your candlelit area. It could be a picnic table, a blanket spread out on the ground, or a quiet corner near your tent.
Hang string lights or fairy lights around your camping area to create a warm and romantic glow. You can drape them on trees, tents, or picnic shelters to enhance the atmosphere. Here are a few ideas to intensify the love that’s in the air.
- Cuddling ideas: Your camping night can turn more lovey-dovey with some cuddling. You can just snuggle up in a hammock while swaying in the breeze or you can sleep together in the same sleeping bag
- Love letters: Another great camping date night idea to turn your couple camping more romantic is by writing heartfelt love letters to each other. Exchange these as you sit together around the fire pit. Express your feelings and remind your partner of your love. This gesture will deepen your connection and create a cherished keepsake
Related Reading: 35 Useful Gift Ideas For Camping Lovers And Outdoorsy People
10. Connect with nature during a romantic beach camping trip
A romantic beach camping trip for couples can be a wonderful way to connect with the environment and each other. Add a little spice to it, if you want, and turn it into a nude couple’s camping experience. It can bring couples closer and can turn you to “that camping couple who have the most fun at camping” in your group. You can even use this opportunity to indulge in some trust exercises for couples that could help improve your relationship.
You can plan a birthday camping trip for your partner too. Imagine a romantic setup across the beach. One of the bonfire date ideas we would suggest is to bring a Bluetooth speaker. Play soft music and romantic tunes as you relax by the campfire.
11. Romantic games can be part of your camping activities
Pack a deck of cards or your favorite board games and enjoy some friendly competition. You can play games such as Would You Rather, Guess That Song, Truth or Dare, or Scavenger Hunt by candlelight or under the stars, adding a touch of romance to the experience.
A study says, “Playing with your romantic partner, friends, co-workers, pets, and children is a sure (and fun) way to fuel your imagination, creativity, problem-solving abilities, and emotional well-being. Adult play is a time to forget about work and commitments, and to be social in an unstructured, creative way”.
12. Try out romantic water activities
Engaging in romantic water activities during a couple’s camping trip can create a sense of adventure and give you beautiful memories together.
- Rent or bring your own canoe or kayak and explore a nearby lake or river together
- Try stand-up paddleboarding on a calm lake or river
- Challenge yourselves to stay balanced on the boards while enjoying the scenic views around you
- If you have access to a boat or can rent one, you can take a romantic sunset boat ride
13. Relaxing hammock time is the best time
Bring a double hammock along with you and hang it between two trees and spend lazy afternoons swaying together. Make sure the trees or posts you plan to hang it from are strong and stable. Setting up a hammock during a couple’s camping trip can provide a cozy and relaxing space for both of you to unwind and enjoy each other’s company. You could even use this time to ask them questions to know them better.
14. Plan an outdoor movie night with your bae
There are many romantic ideas for camping, and an outdoor movie night is one that everyone enjoys. There are so many movies a couple should watch together, you can choose anything both of you like.
- Invest in a portable projector that is compatible with your laptop or smartphone
- Choose a movie that you would both love to watch
- Arrange comfortable seating options such as camping chairs, blankets, or bean bags
- Add pillows and blankets to create a cozy and intimate atmosphere
- Create an inviting ambiance by using string lights or lanterns around the movie area
- One of the most practical yet romantic tent camping ideas is to prepare a selection of movie snacks and beverages – pop some popcorn, pack some candies or chocolates, and bring along your favorite drinks
Related Reading: Activities Couples Can Do When Bored At Home
15. Capture memories
Bring a camera or use your smartphone to capture beautiful moments together. Take candid pictures or set up a romantic photoshoot to document your camping adventure and create lasting memories. These don’t have to go on your social media, but they will stay in your family album or phones forever. Making new memories with your partner is very important, but it is equally important to continually remind yourselves of the memories that you’ve already made to keep that spark alive.
16. Tell campfire stories
Findings confirm that hearth and campfires induce relaxation as part of a multisensory, absorptive, and social experience. It can help you both relax and enjoy nature. And one of the most popular romantic campfire ideas is telling stories. It can be a captivating and entertaining activity during a couple’s camping trip.
- Share spooky or heartwarming campfire stories while cuddling
- Use stories to captivate your imaginations and create a memorable experience
- Let the flickering flames set the mood for childhood anecdotes as well as intimate conversations
One of our favorite romantic campfire ideas is to make a list of things you want to say to your partner. This can give your romantic camping date a whole other twist.
17. Disconnect and reconnect
Finally, disconnect from the digital world and fully immerse yourselves in the experience. Use this opportunity to reconnect with each other without distractions, allowing your love to flourish in the simplicity of nature. Have a heart to heart conversation with each other.
- Put your phones on DND for the whole day
- But keep them with you of course for GPS and in case of emergency
- Or go to a location where you know you won’t find any signals, so you have no other option but to enjoy each other’s company with no interruptions
- It is important to take some time away from the hubbub of your routine life, just the two of you
- Camping in the midst of nature will not only make your bond with each other stronger, but will bring you closer with your inner self as well
- Some romantic camping ideas can be watching the sunrise/sunset together, stargazing, telling campfire stories, etc.
As you now have a good number of camping ideas for couples, take a look at some of the suggestions by a user on Quora for a smooth getaway with your partner. Did you like any of these romantic camping tips for your perfect couple weekend getaway? By incorporating practical and romantic camping ideas for your date, you can create unforgettable moments and connect with your partner on a deeper level in the embrace of nature’s beauty. So, grab your camping gear, embark on an adventure, and let love bloom under the open sky.