At the risk of being schmaltzy, I must insist that nothing sounds better than proclaiming your love for someone and doing it often. In long-term relationships like mine, especially when things can get tired and monotonous, it pays to remind myself why I love my husband. Now, sitting down, putting pen to paper, and writing down the many reasons was a revelation. So, I urge you to do the same. List down all the best reasons for love – they could be silly, serious, or just straightforward – and I promise you a new sense of gratitude for your relationship and maybe even a sexy spark again.
Why I Love My Husband — 30 Beautiful Reasons
This great list is a cumulation of several conversations with friends, family, and even the random internet friend who was up for some TMI talk. Together, they made me take a closer look at my relationship and help answer the question: How do I explain why I love my husband?
- I am thankful to my husband because my friends love him. He goes out of his way to ensure that they feel appreciated, and that’s just the mark of a good man.
- I am so in love with him that I miss him even when he’s away for a few hours. Surely a relationship that is so passionate has a lot to do with the kind of person he is.
- One of the top reasons I love my husband is that he makes me laugh. Even when my world is topsy-turvy, I can count on him to talk things through and help me crack a smile through my tears.
- Why does someone love their man? I don’t know about you, but I am blessed with a wonderful man who actually understands the meaning of a partnership. We share household chores, the duties of raising the children, and the same values.
- I love my husband for many reasons but the biggest one has to be that he weeps through emotional movies. It melts me that this big man with his fancy corporate job isn’t afraid to show his sensitive side. The kids and I go hug him every time we see him bawl over anything halfway sentimental.
- My husband is a kick-ass cook. He’s happy to take over the kitchen entirely and my family adores his cooking and elaborate meals.
- As a wife, I have my own list of what a good husband means to me. The trait that tops this list is kindness toward everyone. Toward our family, children, friends, and even staff and strangers. Someone so sensitive, who shares my values, is definitely a keeper.
- My wonderful man puts our relationship on priority. He makes sure I know that no one else has the right to his time and attention the way I do. I feel very blessed to be married to him.
- Even though my husband doesn’t fully understand my love for acai bowls and matcha lattes, he is always the first person to surprise me with a healthy treat when I return from work.
- Amidst the mountain of household chores that pile up daily, I thank God every day for my husband, who helps run the house with a smile.
- He stocks the pantry; I cook dinner. He chops the veggies; I clean up after. It’s truly a marriage of equality.
- He leaves sweet love messages for me with my morning coffee.
- There is no one else in the world that I would share my silly ideas with. He will listen to all my crazy plans and not laugh at them.
- He always calls when he promises to. No matter how busy, I can trust him to come through.
- I decided long ago that my family is what’s important. So, when I found a man with the same values as mine – who wants to spend prime time with his kids and partner – well, there’s a man I respect.
- He does all the grocery shopping, AND he makes his own list. Enough said.
- I may have a Master’s degree, but he’s the one who really runs the house. The family depends on him for everything at home while I take care of the finances. It’s such a relief to have someone like this in my life.
- Marry a good man who has a crazy sense of humor. That is the best advice I ever got.
- Thank God for my hubby, who loves his wife when she’s hormonal or too depressed for days.
- I married my best friend. He’s fun, a great father, and he’s passionate to boot.
- Whether he’s taking care of my parents or goofing around with my friends, this man I married is the reason I smile.
- I love my husband because he’s a go-getter and ambitious. He’s going places, and he’s taking me with him.
- My hubby’s love language is remembering occasions and celebrating them with flair. Every birthday morning, I’m surprised with breakfast in bed. It’s these specific things that make all the difference in our marriage.
- Age is just a number. My husband, who is much younger than me, takes care of the messy, nitty-gritty chores in my life and leaves me to rest and relax after years of hard work.
Related Reading: 50 Double Date Ideas That Are Fun
- I have a different reason for loving my husband. Sure, he’s honest, my friend, and all the rest, but I realize I value him the most because he’s silly. He never takes things too seriously. And his sense of humor continues to inspire us through our life’s challenges.
- He lets me be the boss! As a mom and a wife, it’s sometimes so difficult to get a word in. However, my hubby respects my opinion and appreciates my decision-making abilities and my need to plan all aspects of our life.
- If there was one moment when I realized I love my husband, it was when he held our newborn baby in his arms. Post birth, he was a different man – a great father and provider, and it’s very sexy to see him like that.
- He’s the only man I’ve been with who messages me almost every time I leave the house, if only to say, “I miss you.”
- We are two opposites. Poles apart in everything. He loves to wake up early; I sleep in. He’s a fitness freak; I love my TV binges. He’s a chef, and I can’t cook to save my life. But we share the same likes and dislikes and have successfully raised a happy family together.
- I love him because there is no one else I want to run to if anything bad or good happens.
- When making your own list of why you love your husband (or wife/partner), keep these in mind:
- Cliches like “I can’t live without you” or “We are soulmates” are beautiful but for the purpose of this list, let’s try to be more specific
- Put some effort into pinpointing reasons and instances that make you realize every day that he’s the one for you
- Think about the ways your life is better with him around
- Mix it up and add some funny reasons to counter the serious, emotional ones
This list surely made me think. It pays to take some time to figure out why you really love someone. Often, words seem insufficient and the usual reasons can sound boring and trite. It can be easy to say “I love you,” but to list the reasons for it – that’s when those three little words really count.