It’s not easy to find a soulmate connection but if you find it you should never let it go. It is said that our soulmates are pre-decided even before we are born and when we meet them, we just know. When this person makes us feel complete from inside and it feels as if this person has the missing piece to your soul that you were looking for all along, you know that you have found your soulmate connection.
But what is a soulmate connection? How do you recognize it? What does crossing paths with your soulmate feel like? Let’s address these questions so that when your soulmate comes knocking, you don’t let them slip away.
What Is Meant By A Soulmate Connection?
If we look up the word soulmate in the dictionary, the soulmate meaning is the person who is ideal for you. They’re the ones with whom you spiritually connect. It is as if there’s something from within that drives you toward them. When you are alone, you feel incomplete and everything around makes you feel alone.
But when you are with this person, only his/her presence is enough to make everything around you make sense. You feel complete and your cheerful happy self again. It is maybe because you’ve found your soulmate connection.
Types of soulmate connections
A soulmate connection isn’t always romantic and can come into your life in different forms. Here are the most common types of soulmates:
- Soul partners: A soul partner is someone with whom you feel a deep, intimate connection. This person can be a romantic partner or a sibling, a friend, a business associate or a coworker. Soul partners know and understand each other deeply, and continue to be a support system for one another
- Soul ties: When you feel as if someone has come into your life for a reason, it’s a sign that you have soul ties with them. This type of soulmate connection creates a space of itself in your life no matter how full your existence may be. Soul ties are connections that bind you to them even if you were not actively seeking them
- Karmic soulmates: This form of soulmate connection comes into our lives as an agent of change. Karmic relationships help us grow and evolve – and improve our karma – through positive, negative or neutral interactions
- Romantic soulmates: Have you ever met someone and felt as if you’ve been waiting for them your whole life? There is an instant pull, undeniable chemistry and sparks just fly. These are all tell-tale soulmate attraction signs. The person you feel it with is your romantic soulmate
- Twin flame: Soulmate connection feelings don’t get any more intense than they’re between twin flames. Some even believe that twin flames are part of the same soul, split into two bodies. Crossing paths with your soulmate, who is also your twin flame connection, can be a transformative experience. Twin flames challenge, teach, love and help each other grow in powerful ways
- Companion soulmate: To understand how to recognize soulmate connection, you must be aware that not every soulmate manifests into a romantic connection. Companion soulmates, for instance, are friends who offer you love and encouragement to navigate the myriad ups and downs of life
Related reading: 8 Signs From the Universe that Love Is Coming Your Way
12 Signs You Have Found The Soulmate Connection
Soulmates often come in disguise, you need to be aware of the signs that you have found your soulmate to know that it’s them. When you feel the unexplainable connection with someone you will know it’s the soulmate attraction.
It may not always begin as romance in movies, but it will have a fulfilling satisfaction and you’d know that you have found someone worthy enough to be called your soulmate, your true soul match. Read on to know the signs of soulmate connection:
1. You can feel the soulmate connection
What does a soulmate connection feel like? There’s no technical explanation to having a soulmate connection but when you meet them, you just know it. You can feel that they’re the one you’ve been searching for all your life.
Deep down you feel a spiritual connection that you’ve never felt with anyone before. Everything just fits with them and you feel complete when they are with you. It is as if your soul is driving you toward them and you know that this is it.
2. The timing is perfect
How to recognize soulmate connection? Well, they will enter your life just when you most need them to. If you believe in destiny, then you know that if it is meant to be it will happen. Everything has timing. Even when you meet your soulmate. The soulmate connection power works when it is meant to be.
It may happen when you finally realize that you are ready for a serious relationship or when everything in your life like your family, career, friends, etc. are going well and all you need is a partner to complete your life. That is when you meet someone and feel the soulmate attraction signs.
That is the time when this mystery man or woman walks in and the timing couldn’t be more perfect. It’s like the universe is telling you something.
Related reading: Signs a girl shows that she is ready to be your wife
3. You connect instantly
You both meet and hit it off instantly. You may be meeting them for the first time but you both are already talking like old-time pals. This is an absolute soulmate connection sign.
You both connect like magic and their persona is like a manifestation of everything you’ve dreamed of finding in a partner. Usually, people who have met for the first time begin with small talk and find it hard to keep the connection going. But two hours with them and you both are already finishing each other’s sentences. What do you call that? Soulmate attraction, I guess.
4. It feels like you’ve always known them
This person has been in your life for maybe a month or two but it feels like you’ve known them for years. It doesn’t feel like this person is someone you’ve just met, it’s as if you know everything about them already. This is one of the surest signs of a soulmate.
How do you know if you have a soulmate connection? You feel a romantic soulmate connection, you think of them all day and funnily you can also make out what they are doing at which hour of the day. That will take us to our next point.
5. The telepathic connection
“I was just about to say that!”
How many times is it that you both have said the same thing together or were going to say the same thing before the other one said it? You both share the same kind of thoughts. It’s only a matter of fact who says it first. Many times you don’t need to talk. You both understand each other’s sign language which no one else can decode.
How many times have you wished he did something for you and in minutes he does it without even you telling him? Or she looks at you and you know exactly what she wants to say. Seems weird but it’s what a romantic soulmate does. That’s what you call soulmate connection.
Related reading: Finding your soulmate through the horrors of life
6. Their hugs work like magic
Whether you had a bad day or one that had been very tiresome, his/her arms are your “go-to” place. Even a two-minute hug takes all the stress away. His/her hugs are more effective than spa treatments.
When you are in their arms, all the worries related to your work, family and so on just vanish and you feel as if you are in a different, more peaceful world. If you’re wondering how to recognize soulmate connection, pay attention to how that person makes you feel. If they feel like home or a safe escape from worldly worries, they’re your soulmate connection.
7. There’s no jealousy
When you’ve found your soulmate, you know that they are the one who is going to stay. No matter how many people come into their lives and want to sweep them away from you, you know that you are the one your partner wants to be with.
The jealousy factor never comes up in your relationship and other men and women are the least of your problems. You are so entrenched in your romantic soulmate connection that other people and other issues do not matter at all. You are totally sure of each other.
8. You feel each other’s pain – that’s a soulmate connection sign
Imagine yourself getting hurt and blood is oozing out of your wound. Your partner takes you to a nearby clinic to get it dressed. More than yourself, they are screaming in pain. That’s the pinnacle of soulmate connection feelings.
They just can’t see you in pain. Now think about him getting hurt, will you feel the pain or not? You both feel each other’s pain because of the soulmate connection you both have. You can’t bear seeing each other in pain and hence, feel it too.
9. Different personalities but similar in so many ways
You could have contrasting personalities or have contrasting jobs. You may even be complete polar opposites in more ways you can count. One may like rock music while the other might like jazz. Yet, you both still fell for each other. When you both connect, you find that both of you are similar in so many ways in the most soulful way.
You both could share the same kind of qualities like empathy, generosity, etc. which you find out about after some time of courtship. But you connected before knowing these things. This is because your soul recognized the real person under all these layers. Even before you knew it.
10. He/She is your happy place
“Home is not a place, it is a person”
What does a soulmate connection feel like? When you find your safe spot in a person, he/she becomes your home. You feel safe with that person. You will always want to get to them when you are feeling low or want a break from other things. Just being with him makes you happy and you always want to be with them. They are your happy place.
11. They just get you
All these years you might have been misunderstood and you feel that nobody really gets you or understands how you feel. This person just gets you like almost every time. That’s what makes crossing paths with your soulmate so special.
They will always know the right thing to say or do when you are having a bad day. Imagine you both go to a party which bores you a lot, they will know already and will get you out. You don’t need to tell him. They already know.
12. You both have crossed paths before
Soulmates often cross paths but do not meet until many years after. This is because everything has the right place and right time. After many months or years of dating, you might catch him in a childhood picture and get to know that you both went to the same event but have never crossed paths.
This is how the magic of destiny and your soulmate connection works. The universe conspires to bring you together. This is the soulmate connection power.
How Would You Know You Found Your Soulmate?
Even after 4-5 breakups, you might not find your soulmate. Your soulmate will meet you when the time is right. Finding your soulmate is like finding a part of yourself. You know that this person is going to keep you very happy and just the thought of it makes you smile. Having a soulmate doesn’t mean that there aren’t going to be fights or differences.
Fights are inevitable in every relationship. But even after a fight, you will feel this hollowness in your heart that will fill only when you make up with your soulmate. If you haven’t found your soulmate yet, there’s no need to worry. Great things are yet to happen.
How would you know you found your soulmate? Here is how:
- Comfort: You could sit together without talking for hours
- Excitement: When he looks at you, you feel a ripple in your stomach
- Compatibility: Your mental and physical compatibility is mind-blowing
- Empathy: You feel empathy for each other
- Support: You want to be the wing beneath each other’s wings
- Shared dreams: You both have the dream of living in a log cabin by the river in your old age
- Feeling complete: You cannot imagine a life without your soulmate
- Strong pull: You feel an unexplainable connection
Finding the soulmate connection is not easy but when you find the soulmate attraction and the soulmate romance you will know it is for keeps and you will not want to let it go. That’s the beauty of a soulmate relationship.