Does Playing Hard To Get Really Work?
- Is it really worthwhile for you?
- Are there any positives to playing games this way?
- Is it cool to try to play hard when you actually like someone?
- Your college friend might have succeeded with this strategy, but is this going to work for you or will you just seem like a total red flag?
Related Reading: How To Impress A Guy And Make Him Fall For You In 2023
Related Reading: How To Pull Away To Make Him Want You – The 15-Step Guide
What Does Playing Hard To Get Mean?
How To Play Hard To Get With A Guy And Make It Work
1. Let him make the first move, even as a modern woman
Related Reading: 15 Ways A Woman Wants To Be Treated
2. Keep it fun
- Send him a flirty message and then don’t communicate for a few hours
- Or send him a picture of a dress you plan to wear for your next date with him, without acknowledging his “WOW” reply
3. Winning at hard to get requires you to zip your lips
4. Staying busy is the best way to intrigue your man
Related Reading: How To Love Yourself In A Relationship – 21 Practical Tips
5. Stay interested, but aloof
6. Take your time to text back
7. Playing hard to get works if you first work up a sexual chemistry
8. Make space for some me-time
- Learn to prioritize yourself, even if it means playing hard to get with your guy
- Don’t be someone who is easy to get, it turns them off
- If you have planned a trip with your girlfriends, go ahead with it. Let your guy or potential date know that you have other plans and that you intend to see them through without him
- This sends across the message that you have a social life of your own and that you value your autonomy
Even though it may seem counter-productive, this is the kind of thing that will make him want a serious relationship with you as he will know that you value space, personal time, and energy.
Related Reading: How Spending Time With Friends Helps Improve Your Relationship
9. Let him know you have other men in your life
10. Play hard to get and make him chase you by acting confidently
11. Mess with him on text
12. Be honest that you want to find love
13. Put in some effort in the relationship too
14. Don’t get carried away in the chase
Tina Gonzalez, a copywriter in an advertising firm, knows just how to play hard to get with a guy. She makes it a point to always reserve an occasional weekend for herself. “My guy understands that my social life or my space may not include him all the time, and he’s getting used to that now. Maybe he was annoyed the first few weeks when I played hard to get, but he appreciates it now. I’d have felt claustrophobic if he had reacted to that adversely, and would have opted out a long time ago,” she shares.
Related Reading: Push Pull Relationship – 9 Ways To Overcome It
15. You can even play hard to get after being needy — Just take a break
- Talk to someone else if you have to, but distract yourself instead of clinging onto him
- If you think you might be overwhelming the guy by bombarding him with texts, give it a break
- Don’t ask him out until he initiates meeting you
- Stop calling him for the next week and only text when you miss him
- Playing hard to get can work wonders for your relationship if you maintain a fine balance between playful indifference and flirty chase
- It is an effective strategy to take up if both you and your partner (or date) like a good chase in your relationship
- Let your man make the first move to woo you
- A common question: “How to play hard to get with a guy I like?” Work on your chemistry, keep it fun and flirty, and most importantly, show your interest in the relationship all the while maintaining a distance
- If he is being non-responsive, give him some space and let him come to you