While some mistakes are easily forgivable, there are some that cause so much hurt that your partner refuses to have anything to do with you. In such situations, a mere “I am sorry” just doesn’t work. To begin fixing things, you first need to know how to apologize to someone you have hurt deeply through text. After all, sometimes that is the only way to reach out to them.
Whether you are trying to apologize to someone you hurt unintentionally, or you are apologizing for an act of tough love, insecurity, insensitivity, etc., finding the best way to say sorry in a text to your SO can be a tedious task. To make things a little easier for you, we have curated a list of heart-touching apologies that you can text your loved one.
How To Apologize To Someone You Hurt Deeply Through Text – 5 Tips
Before we proceed to the matter of what to say to someone while apologizing, you first need to learn how to apologize. No matter the method you use – text or face-to-face – they both require you to keep some things in mind.
No apology is really complete without them. After all, when you apologize, the recipient should feel the sincerity of your apology. Is it even an apology otherwise?
1. Know and admit when you make a mistake
The first and the most essential component of apologizing is to know and accept the mistake you made. Many a time, you will notice a person trying to atone for their mistakes but is not aware of what they did wrong in the first place. If you’re unsure, ask for clarity (without making them do too much emotional labor) as to what about your actions hurt them.
While you apologize to someone you hurt unintentionally, there is also an unsaid promise that the mistake will not be repeated. If you are unaware of the mistake you made, then chances are you will make it again, making the apology redundant.
2. Express your regret
You must be thinking “But I’m apologizing. Doesn’t saying sorry express my regret?” Well, to tell you the truth, the word ‘sorry’ does express regret. However, when you let your partner know how deeply you regret the act and the impact it had on them, it shows that you are sincere in your apology and that you understand the repercussions of your actions/words.
It is very important to take responsibility for your actions. When you say sorry to your crush over text, for example, it is important to express how having hurt them made you feel.
3. Give your partner a safe space to express their emotions
Holding space for someone is possibly the simplest and yet the most difficult thing to do, and here is the reason for it. When you say sorry to a guy you hurt over text (or anyone for that matter), chances are they are going to vent to you about how badly they have been hurt. And as the person who is apologizing, it doesn’t feel good to see yourself in that light. Similarly, if you are the one wronged, then you might find yourself ignoring the wrongdoer’s feelings by not allowing them a chance to speak or being hostile when they try to do so.
But there is nothing worse than shutting down your partner when they are trying to express themselves. It enforces the thought in their mind that their feelings are not important which deepens the rift between the partners. Whether you are the person apologizing or the person receiving the apology, create a safe space to talk about their feelings. It will bring you two closer.
For more expert videos please subscribe to our Youtube Channel. Click Here
4. Make things right
One thing is certain, actions speak louder than words. You need to fix the relationship which took a hit due to your mistakes. And the words “I am sorry” remain mere words if you don’t make amends. If there is something you can do to make things right, do it, even if that means going out of your way to do so.
There are times when there is nothing you can really do to fix the wrongdoing. Sometimes you are confused as to how you could make it up to someone. In such situations, it is best to ask the person you hurt to tell you how you can fix the situation. Even if there is nothing you can do, your willingness to work for forgiveness will make the person feel better.
5. Learn your partner’s apology language
Just like it is important to know your partner’s love language and express your affection to them accordingly, the same method is used in apology language, i.e. one is supposed to say sorry to one’s partner in their apology language. There are 5 kinds of apology languages:
· Expression of regret: You want someone to acknowledge the hurt they caused. You want your emotions to be validated
· Accepting responsibility: You want the person to take ownership of the mistake they made and you are not willing to listen to excuses
· Making restitution: You want the person at fault to fix the issue
· Genuinely repenting: You want the person to show through actions that they are willing to change, and mere words aren’t enough
· Requesting for forgiveness: You want the person to ask you for forgiveness for letting you down. You need to hear the words
Related Reading: How Saying Hurtful Things In A Relationship Affects It
35 Apology Texts To Send After You Hurt Your SO Deeply
When you love someone, the last thing you want to do is hurt them. But no matter how hard we try, things happen, and knowingly or unknowingly, we end up hurting the people we love so dearly. In such circumstances, all that is left to do is apologize for our mistakes and hope that things are not damaged beyond repair. Here are some things you can say when you are wondering how to apologize to someone you hurt deeply through text.
1. I won’t justify my actions. I know my apology will not change anything. But I promise my actions will reflect the change in me
Sometimes, even our seemingly small actions carry a lot of distress and hurt for others. This message is the perfect way to say sorry to your crush over text when you feel that your actions might have hurt them.
2. I am sorry for being me and making you sad. Please forgive me
We all have our flaws. This short and direct message is one of the cute ways to say sorry to your boyfriend over text. If you send this to your girlfriend/partner, we’re sure they’ll understand.
3. No matter what happens, you remain my number one. Can you please forgive me for what I have done?
Sometimes in the middle of a fight, we end up making a loved one feel rather dispensable. Say this to them while apologizing, to remind them what they mean to you.
4. If I had a time machine, I would have gone back in time and undone the hurt I caused you. I regret my actions badly and I’m very sorry
This text is as genuine as they come. After all, haven’t we all wished for a time machine at some point in our life?
5. Apologize through poetry
I can’t change what has happened
I only wish I could
Please let me make it up to you
Here’s why I think you should…
I know I did the wrong thing
I know it wasn’t fair
But I never meant to hurt you
Your pain is hard to bear
What we have is special
Far too great to throw away
And I promise to earn your trust once more
for forever and a day
Who said you can’t be poetic when apologizing? This little poem can be one of the cute ways to say sorry to your boyfriend over text after a fight. You can also send it to your girlfriend or partner, and watch them melt.
6. I have no real explanation for all of the stupidity that engulfed me the other day. I want to make this right. I love you. I’m so sorry!
We all do and say things from time to time that we realize were silly and insensitive, only in hindsight. Here is a message that is bound to make them feel better.
7. You’ve always been the mature one between us. I hope you’ll forgive me like you always do…
Between a couple, there is always the one who is a little childish and impulsive, and the other is more mature. This is possibly the best way to say sorry in a text to your SO. But be careful if this becomes a habit, where one person takes the other person’s forgiveness for granted. Complacency in a relationship damages it.
8. I never meant to put you through pain. I promise to never do this again.
If you are wondering how to apologize to someone you hurt deeply through text, then a short and direct apology can be the way to go.
Related Reading:18 Cute Apology Gift Ideas To Tell Her How Sorry You Are
9. You are the light of my life. And knowing I am the reason behind your pain hurts me to the core. I am sorry! You deserve better
When you love someone, their pain becomes your pain. And it is twice as painful to know you are the reason behind it. This message is the perfect way to apologize to your wife or girlfriend or to say sorry to a guy you hurt over text.
10. Baby! You’re the most important person in my life. I promise to never make you feel inconsequential again
Sometimes the best apologies are those where you reflect on your mistakes and take responsibility for them. This little message is the perfect example of that.
11. You gave me your trust and in return, I gave you petty, little lies. I am drowning in regret as the tears flow out of my eyes
Little white lies in a relationship are bearable at times, however, there are some lies that can have a devastating effect on the relationship. Let your partner know how badly you regret having hurt them, and that you only wish to be honest from now on.
12. I’m sorry that my actions have disappointed you. You are indeed the best partner in the world and I would like to make it up to you, if you let me
This message is a sincere way to apologize to your partner and a cute way to say sorry to your boyfriend over text. Of course, this message can also be used for a spouse.
13. You are the person who taught me that asking for forgiveness is the bravest thing a person can do. I’m trying to be brave for our sake. Please forgive me
Asking for forgiveness and forgiving someone can definitely be the hardest and the bravest things a person has to do. Yet forgiveness in a relationship is very important.A message like this is sure to help soften the coldest of hearts.
14. This mistake of mine has jeopardized our relationship to the point that I think you will leave me. Please tell me how to make it up to you. I can’t dream of life if you’re not in it
Love conquers all. Use this message to let your partner know how much they mean to you and that you don’t want to lose them.
15. Babe, you deserve far better than the way I have treated you. I am so sorry. Please forgive me
When you are wondering how to apologize to someone you hurt deeply through text, just let them know that you are aware of your mistakes. Sometimes, that is all a person needs.
16. I miss every moment that I have ever spent with you. I hope I haven’t messed things up to the point that I never see you again. Please let me make it up to you
One of the greatest setbacks of hurting someone is losing what you built with them. Send this to say sorry to your crush over text, to let them know you are ready to make amends and want to reconnect after a fight.
17. Each day I spend without you, I sink a little deeper into despair. I can’t bear the pain of losing you. I need your love. Please come back
Separation is heartbreaking for both parties involved. When apologizing to your partner, tell them how badly you miss them and need them. It is the best way to say sorry in a text to your SO.
18. I can’t believe I hurt someone like you. You’re my biggest priority. I am so sorry for my behavior, love
During fights, we tend to do and say things which are less than ideal and cause unintended hurt. Send this message to apologize to someone you hurt unintentionally.
19. I can’t write poetry to comfort you. I can’t express my pain of having hurt you. I only hope you understand what my words cannot say. Please forgive me
It can be very difficult to express your regret for hurting your partner, but in such situations, a message like this will help you out a lot.
20. I am sorry for pushing you away and making you feel terrible. You are all that matters to me
Some people tend to push away their loved ones when they themselves are in pain, without realizing how hurtful and damaging it is to do so. Asking for forgiveness is the only way forward.
21. I don’t want to make grand promises. I just want to hug you and show you through my actions how sorry I am to have hurt you
This is a simple yet sweet message that you can send when you want to say sorry to a guy you hurt over text. If physical affection is his love language, then he will definitely want to reach out to you after you send this text.
22. We haven’t spoken since our last fight. It hurts. Please forgive me and remember I am still your friend. You can always count on me
The basis of every relationship is friendship. Reminding your partner that you are there for them, irrelevant of the argument, will take the edge off the pain they are feeling.
Related Reading: 10 Ways To Make An Angry Wife Happy
23. With a bruised heart, a sad soul, and my head hung low, I apologize to you unconditionally, baby. I am very sorry. I love you
When all words fail, poetry comes to the rescue. And if you can turn an apology into poetry, then that may earn you some major brownie points with a partner who likes poems.
24. I know after all that’s happened it is difficult to believe me, but it was never my intention to hurt you. Please give me a chance to fix this
Sometimes the best way to apologize to someone you hurt unintentionally is by reassuring them you’ll make things better. It makes the apology more sincere and moving to your partner.
25. I realize I have hurt you a lot and a few words of apology won’t do. I want to do things right by you. Please tell me how I can rectify my mistakes
When you are at a loss for ideas on how to apologize to someone you hurt deeply through text, acknowledging the hurt that you inflicted on your partner can be a good start to gaining back their trust.
26. I had the most beautiful relationship, and I tossed it out the window due to my impulsive nature. I’ve come to my senses now. Will you help me fix us?
There is nothing more moving to a person than knowing that their loved one is willing to work on their mistakes. Even if it means they need to guide them.
27. I am not a perfect person. But there is no one in this entire world who can love you more than me. Can we start again?
A clean slate is easier said than achieved. But sometimes starting over a relationship is exactly what needs to be done. A new beginning.
28. Baby, you and I are made for each other. It would be a shame if this mistake becomes the end of us. I hope you find it in you to forgive me for my flaws
This message is a reminder of how perfect you are for each other. Definitely a romantic way to apologize to your partner or to say sorry to a guy you hurt over text.
29. I’m not apologizing so you stop being mad at me. I completely realize the mistake I made, and I am prepared to do whatever it takes to make things right again
Reconciliations don’t always happen overnight. But knowing your partner is willing to do whatever it takes to make it happen is what one needs. This is definitely a partner who deserves a second chance.
30. I didn’t appreciate what I had until I lost it. You not being a part of my life is killing me. Please come back to me. I miss you so much
Everyone wants to be loved, but no one wants to be taken for granted and made to feel unappreciated. Send this text to your special someone to let them know you realize their worth.
31. I do not want to lose you now or ever because you are precious to me. I am so sorry for what I did
When you love someone, the fear of losing them is very potent. Send this text to say sorry to your crush over text and let them know the place they have in your heart.
Related Reading: What To Do After A Fight With Your Boyfriend?
32. Is it too late to say sorry? I hope not because I am falling apart at the thought of a life without you. Please forgive me, sweetheart
Opening an apology with a Justin Beiber song can really help matters if your partner is his fan. And if they are not, it still remains a sweet apology worth its salt, with or without Beiber’s involvement.
33. Our relationship is more important than my ego. I love you and I really want to make this work. Please accept my sincerest apology
All relationships need effort. To make it work, you need to put your ego aside and work on it. Send this message to apologize to someone you hurt unintentionally, and let them know you are willing to work for the relationship and take accountability and responsibility in a relationship.
34. Do you remember you promised to do anything for me? So today, I am asking you to forgive me. I hope it is something you could do for me
Messages like these are cute ways to say sorry to your boyfriend over text. It is a sweet reminder of the promises and the love you share.
35. I love you more than humanly possible. You are the best thing that’s ever happened to me. I promise I’ll make it up to you
When someone is hurt because of something you did, it is impossible for them to see the love you have for them. An apology like this is the perfect way to get through to them when they are trying so hard to shut you out.
- An apology should come from the heart. When you are sincere, it reflects in your words
- To apologize, you need to ask forgiveness in your partner’s apology language
- Taking responsibility for your mistake and trying to make amends is the best way to seek pardon
Well, there you go! Our list of sweet, sentimental apologies for that special someone. This is a wrap on how to apologize to someone you hurt deeply through text.
Tweak the messages to suit the situation, remember to follow the tips, and you are good to go. Here’s hoping that you find the forgiveness you are looking for.