He seems to like you, he pays attention, he is extra nice, and the way he looks at you … well, are these signs he sees you as someone special? You’ve been trying to figure it out on your own, “Does he like me or am I imagining it?” This is particularly true if the other person is not forthcoming about their feelings, leaving you to guess and second-guess where you stand with them. Why is it so hard to tell if someone likes you, right? So, are there any signs he likes you more than you think? Actually, there are.
Here’s what we’ll do. We’ll get attentive and start observing. Men are often easy to read, if you take the time to pay attention to the small details. How do you know if a guy is genuinely interested, though? If he goes out of his way to help you, this is usually one of the signs that he likes you more than you think. On the other hand, if he tends not to talk to you as much and looks away when you catch his gaze, these are the signs that he might not be as interested in you.
15 Clear Signs He Likes You More Than You Think
When two people are close, a subtle change in their relationship is noticeable. Although the gradual changes may not be significant, over time, this can lead to a substantial shift in the dynamic between them. To help you notice this shift, here are 15 clear signs he likes you more than you think. May this help you figure out what is going on in his head.
1. For you, he has a microscopic memory
How can you tell if a man secretly likes you but is too shy to admit?
- He remembers everything you say in the conversation
- He finds your ideas fascinating, remembers things you’ve forgotten or said, and often reminds you of them
- He might even act like you, repeating your phrases and puns verbatim
Men’s memory, as per research, is worse than women. No wonder it’s hard for them to remember dates and basic details. But if this guy deliberately keeps track of important dates and information for you, it is one of the signs he likes you more than you think. This behavior can be unsettling if you don’t understand why he’s doing it, but may come off as endearing and flattering if you’re into him as well.
Related Reading: 27 Undeniable Signs He Is Slowly Falling For You
2. He wants to spend more time with you
When given a choice between doing something alone or doing something with you, he almost always picks spending quality time with you.
- He might spend time with you sometimes instead of going out with his friends
- He might decide to hang out with you instead of attending a family event
- He might invite you to dinner days before your actual date or plan a weekend getaway with you
- He keeps trying to find ways to meet you or talk to you
This shows that he’s excited to spend time with you and wants to get to know you. It’s a sure sign he likes you more than you think. According to a Reddit user, “Time is a good indicator. If he seems to make more time to be around you or shows interest in your time alone, he’s making an effort. If it gets to the point of asking to spend time with just you two, like a walk in the park or outside of your intended time together, it’s a sign.”
3. He tries to make you happy
When someone deeply cares about you, they make an effort to grant your wishes. They cannot afford to be self-centered. If you notice that he adapts to your interests and starts to consider your needs as important as his, then you know he is into you.
- He will never take the space and intimacy you have given him for granted
- He will value them and cherish them so that you feel comfortable with him
- He will inform you about the matters that are important to him, and he will do things taking your opinion into consideration
- He will not try to dominate you
These are the signs he likes you more than you think.
4. You are his speed dial, and he is yours
He often initiates conversations with you, which is another sign that he likes you more than you think. You both text each other regularly and he often starts a conversation about a topic that he knows you both find interesting. This is because he thinks about you, finds you attractive, enjoys talking to you, and wants to continue the conversation. This is a clear sign he likes you more than you think through texts.
A further sign is if he recalls conversations about the personal information you’ve shared with him. He’s not just trying; he’s trying his best. He is showing that he is genuinely interested in getting to know you better and that he has been paying attention to what you say.
Related Reading: 13 Signs He Truly Loves You – Gestures We Almost Always Miss
5. All his attention is for you (and only you)
He respects you and gives you the best care and consideration you’ve ever received, even as a friend. He devotes a lot of time to you. How can you tell if a man secretly likes you?
- He takes time to listen to you and responds thoughtfully
- He pays attention to every little detail about you — your favorite color, your favorite food, or your favorite movie and how there is a slight change in your hairstyle or the color of your usual eye shadow
- This shows that he’s genuinely interested in getting to know you. He wants you to notice him and that is clearly one of the signs he likes you more than you think
6. He tells you that he loves you (followed by “platonically”)
What are the signs that he likes you but is playing it cool? This is one of them. You can tell when a guy treats you more than just a friend:
- He will want to make sure your needs are met and that you are comfortable around him
- You’ll become a huge part of his routine
- He will not be afraid to express his true feelings to you
- Love frequently brings out the best in people, and you may discover that he is more caring, attentive, and thoughtful than ever before
- He might bring you the little things you need, write you heartfelt messages, or even call to check in on you
He tells you he loves you a little differently or platonically, but we all know it’s more than that. This is a sign he sees you as someone special.
Related Reading: 12 Signs That Say Your Best Friend Is In Love With You
7. He is always there for you
If he’s constantly there for you, it is one of the telltale signs that a guy is interested in you.
- He’s the first to notice when something isn’t right, and he’ll offer his help and support without you asking him
- He cares for you more than you think
- Even if all you need is someone to talk to, he’s willing to listen
- He has become an important person in your life
- He never passes judgment on your actions and thoughts
- Being physically present is one thing, but he is always there for you even when you two are not together. This is a clear sign he likes you more than you think even through texts and calls
8. He shows a genuine interest in all aspects of your life
Another one of the clear signs he likes you more than you think is that he takes a genuine interest in all aspects of your life – not just the superficial ones.
- He might ask questions about your job, hobbies, or family
- He asks you about your hopes and dreams for the future
- He cares about who you are and not just what you look like
- He has genuine interest in your opinions and beliefs. He might ask you questions about your views on specific topics and listen intently when you share your thoughts
If he’s always asking questions about your life, it’s a clear sign that he likes you more than you think. No one asks about something they aren’t genuinely curious about and in this case he wants to be part of your life and wants to make part of his life.
9. He introduces you to his close ones
A guy is into you if he asks you to hang out with his friends. He is happy that you are hanging out with him and wants you to meet the people he trusts and values. He wants you to visit his home and meet his parents, and guess what? Even his parents are aware of his feelings for you.
You’ve probably seen his friends try to hide their smiles as they stealthily glance at one another. They always make room for you two. They are shipping the two of you, despite never telling you about it directly. Do they grin when they see you two talking or just being together?
Related Reading: 13 Sure-Shot Signs He Is Going To Propose Soon!
10. Sign he sees you as someone special – He talks about a future with you
If the guy discusses his future plans with you a lot, it suggests that he wants to stay together in the long run. Naturally, he wants to strengthen your bond and continue exploring the possibility of a future together.
Whether discussing a potential trip or buying a house together, the conversation of future plans and ideas is a highly positive sign that he enjoys spending time with you and is looking to make a connection that will last for years. He wants you to be part of his future and is afraid of losing you. It’s definitely one of the signs he likes you more than you think.
11. He is your #1 fanboy
Another clear sign that a guy likes you more than you think is that the feelings that emanate from him when he’s around are overwhelmingly positive.
- He might have a smile on his face when he sees you, or he might have a twinkle in his eye
- He will compliment you on your personality, intelligence, and humor. This is one of the many signs he likes you for more than your body
- He might also make an effort to touch you when you’re around, whether it’s a hug, a hand on your shoulder, or a gentle caress on your arm. This shows that he’s comfortable around you and that he’s attracted to you
- A sign he likes you more than you think is if he encourages you when times are tough and supports you in every aspect of your life
12. He is playful with you
You two might have a relationship where you joke around with one another. He enjoys making you laugh. Even though he doesn’t express his interest in you directly, he probably likes you if he never hesitates to act like your personal clown.
You can tell by how he talks to you and interacts with you that he is interested in being more than just friends. He might be hesitant to let his feelings show, as he doesn’t want to make things awkward or lose his friendship with you. Research suggests that playful people are more connected and content with their connections. You can say this is one of the weird signs he likes you more than a friend.
13. He gets jealous – easily
One of the clearest signs he likes you more than you think. As you know by now, jealousy is a double-edged sword. You may be wondering why is he jealous when you guys are not even in a romantic relationship. It may be acceptable when he shows his feelings for you, but it could be detrimental if he tries to control you and prevent you from seeing your friends.
The subtle insecurity that surfaces when another guy expresses interest in you and he fears that you might be taken away from him is what I’m referring to, not the ugly jealousy that shows up as rage and aggression. Yep, this is one of those weird signs he likes you more than a friend.
Related Reading: Signs That He Is Possessive In The Relationship
14. He accepts your clouds and blooms
Why is it so hard to tell if someone likes you? If you’re still bothered by this question, then gauge his affection for you. Is it unconditional? If yes, then he probably likes you romantically. A relationship grows when two people accept and value each other for who they are, flaws and all.
- You feel comfortable being who you are around him – he has provided you with that level of comfort
- You know that he accepts you for who you are and will not judge you no matter what
- The fact that he puts his ego aside when you have outbursts proves that you are more than just a friend to him. This is one of the many signs he sees you as someone special
- He understands that you have bad mental health days and is patient and compassionate with you
15. He does things for you without asking for anything in return
Madonna said, “To be brave is to love someone unconditionally, without expecting anything in return.” When a guy does things for you without expecting anything in return and goes above and beyond to make you feel special, it’s one of the most telling signs that he likes you more than you think.
- He may buy you a gift out of the blue or help you with something without expecting anything in return
- He may cook you dinner or take you out to eat. He might surprise you with a date or plan a special night
- He’ll give you advice but never force it on you
- He may even do something as simple as bringing you coffee or a sweet note
It’s one of the surefire signs he likes you more than you think if he’s willing to do things for you without expecting anything in return.
- He wants to spend more time with you
- He tells you that he loves you platonically and is your number 1 fanboy
- He shows a genuine interest in all aspects of your life, and he is always there for you
- He makes you feel safe and does things for you without asking for anything in return
- He makes you a part of his world
How do you know if a guy is genuinely interested? You’ll need to distinguish between the signs he likes you for more than your body or if he just likes you as a friend. According to a study, if you want to know whether people are flirting with you, look at what they say and do. Each person has a different tactic for communicating attraction or flirting style. “We’re really bad at detecting if people are flirting with us,” Jeffrey Hall, an author and researcher, said. “We‘re great at knowing when they’re not interested. But the reason we’re bad at seeing when they are interested is people show it in such a variety of ways.”
A few of the above things will tell you if he is really into you. If you still need to figure out his feelings, the best way to find out is to ask him. You might be surprised at his answer. Good luck!
There are a lot of signs that a guy likes you, but some of the clearest ones are as follows: He gives you frequent and sincere compliments. He pays attention to what you say and expresses interest in it. He approaches you and invites you out for coffee or a walk. He makes you feel welcome and valued by introducing you to his friends and family.
There are numerous signs that someone is falling for you, but a few of the most popular ones are: He expresses interest in your interests and hobbies, he praises both your personality and looks, he probes into who you are and what your life is like, he stays in touch through calls, texts, or social media, and he divulges his true emotions to you.
Why Are Bald Men Attractive? 9 Reasons
18 Surefire Signs Someone Loves You With All Their Heart
21 Signs He Finds You Irresistible & Is Attracted To You
Flirting With Boundaries: Unleash Your Inner Tease On Dating Platforms
How To Court A Woman? 21 Ways To Be A True Gentleman
125 Good Morning Messages For Her – Loving, Romantic, Flirty, Sexy, Sweet
10 Reasons A Coffee Date Makes A Great First Date Idea And 5 Tips To Ace It
8 Good Reasons And 5 Great Ways To Keep Your Love Life Private
21 Core Relationship Rules To Deepen Your Bond
21 Ways To Be A Better Partner For A Better Relationship
17 Sureshot Signs He Likes You But Is Playing It Cool
Are You A Non-Vegan Dating A Vegan? 15 Tips To Help You
21 Subtle Signs A Shy Girl Has A Crush On You
40 New Relationship Questions You Should Surely Ask
Top 16 Symbols Of Love With Their Meanings
10 Reasons To Get Married And Have A Blissful Life
11 Different Types Of Hugs And What They Mean
27 Undeniable Signs He Is Slowly Falling For You
15 Signs You Are In A Serious Relationship
Activities Couples Can Do When Bored At Home