Even if a date or an online conversation is going fabulously well, a wrong pick-up line can make things go awry very easily. Some of the worst pick-up lines actually come off as funny, unique and quirky. Therefore, most people think it’s cool to go ahead with them. But trying to be cool can come at a heavy cost sometimes.
Your pick-up lines might perplex your date completely. It may not even be your fault. You might think a corny joke is better than no joke at all when, in fact, the opposite is true. Particularly, when you’re a bundle of nerves and know that humor isn’t your strongest suit. You must judge the situation and moment before using a pick-up line.
If you look at some of the most terrible pick-up lines, they are the ones that have been done to death and often used without context. Give your dating game a new lease on life by steering clear of the absolute worst pick-up lines that repel rather than impress.
50 Worst Pick-Up Lines You Need To Stop Using If You Don’t Want To Stay Single
The wrong sentence at the wrong moment can kill your prospects of making headway with a romantic prospect, even if the intention behind it is perfectly innocent. Here are some of the worst pick-up lines that you must completely stay away from. They are tried, tested and have often just failed.
1. Is your heart a prison? Cause I would like to be sentenced for life
Nobody needs this kind of cheese on a first date unless it’s sprawling all over their pizza. If we had to pick the top 10 worst pick-up lines, this would definitely make the cut. If you’ve used it before, you’d know why. And in case you haven’t, we suggest you don’t even try. Why not ask some flirty first-date questions instead?
2. Girl, do you work at Subway? Cause you just gave me a foot-long
If you want a girl to be completely creeped out by you, this is the line to go for. One of the worst pick-up lines of all time, it can get double worse if you pick the wrong moment to say it. If you ask us, there is no right moment for saying something so outlandishly crude. Not even when you’re in bed with her.
Related Reading: 10 creepy things girls often say to guys
3. I heard you were looking for a stud. Well, I’ve got the STD and all I need is you
How can mentioning an STD ever be romantic or witty? It almost sounds like it’s one of the intentionally bad pick-up lines. You may think it’s so bad that it’s good. Let’s break it to you: IT’S NOT.
4. Your parents must be drug dealers because I’m totally addicted to you
Talking about drugs is not attractive, not even as a reference in a pick-up line. If you’re still getting to know each other, this may make the other person get all concerned about whether they’re signing up for dating an addict, and that’s not a good look for you. All in all, it’s a horrible pick-up line that you should steer clear of.
5. Hey, is your dad a butcher? Because I’ve never sausage a beautiful girl before
A play on the word sausage which comes off as ‘saw such’, this pick-up line does sound witty at first but is just not as hot as you would want your sausage to be. It’s best consigned to the untouchable category of terrible pick-up lines.
6. Are you from Tennessee? Because you’re the only Ten I See
This is one of the oft-used and worst pickup lines on Tinder. It just won’t work. If you want to date online successfully, you need to brush up on your flirting skills. That entails not touching such senseless pick-up lines with a 10-foot pole.
7. Remember me? Oh, that’s right, I’ve only met you in my dreams
Creep alert. This is going to freak her out and make her question why she ever went out with you. This counts among the world’s worst pick-up lines because it makes you come across as needy and clingy.
8. Kiss me if I’m wrong, but Hitler is still alive, right?
This is one of the worst pick-up lines. Not only does it make your history seem awful but also sends out the signal that you’re a desperate boyfriend in the making.
9. If women were boogers, I’d pick you first
This is without a doubt one of the top 10 worst pick-up lines ever created or used. And if you want to completely gross out all women you ever go out on dates with, use it by all means. It is offensive, brash, disgusting, and quite honestly, the worst pick-up line of all time.
10. You’re so sweet that I’m going to get a toothache
This pick-up line can only sound okay if you and your partner are already super close. For first dates, this is still a no-no. Mark this as one of the worst pick-up lines from a girl or a guy. This one won’t do you any good.
11. I didn’t believe in God, but now I do. Because you are the answer to all my prayers!
This is one of the worst pick-up lines because it sounds like you are trying way too hard. This one too checks all the wrong boxes: desperate, clingy, needs. Also, why were you praying if you didn’t believe in God?
12. Are you a cannibal? Cause all I see is a snacc eating a snack
Bad wordplay, terrible reference and confusing too. Nobody will smile at you after this one. Also, the cannibalism reference puts it in the category of dark pick-up lines that could offend or put off many. Why risk it? Just steer clear of this one.
13. Are you a death certificate? Because I’d die to have you
This one just sounds like a 4th grader came up with it, which is why this is among the terrible pick-up lines for a grown adult trying their hand at dating.
14. Is your mom a baker? Because you are just a cutie pie!
Cute is fine, but nobody fancies being called a cutie pie anymore. You won’t impress her or make her blush, but she may think that you just descended into the 21st century from the 19th. Yikes!
15. Is this the bus stop? Cause I’m here to pick you up
One of the bad pick-up lines to use. You do not want to count on this one at all because it won’t do anything for you.
16. Are you my appendix? I don’t know what you do or how you work but I feel like I should take you out
What? This is truly one of the worst pick-up lines for Tinder or any other dating situation really. Don’t put it in your bio, or say it in a text. Just do not.
Related Reading: 30 Best Tinder Openers That Simply Can’t Go Wrong
17. Are you the periodic table? Because U and I are pretty far away
This is one of the bad pickup lines to use on guys. It hardly works on them. The reverse is also true. This is one of the worst pick-up lines from a girl or a guy that will fall flat every single time.
18. You know why they call me a melody? Cause I am always in your head
After this snobbish pick-up line, chances are she will never think about you again. We count it among the world’s worst pick-up lines and you should too.
19. Are you Bluetooth? Cause I think we should be pairing
This pick-up line has a very childish ring to it so it will not work if you are trying to impress a girl on a date. So, why use it at all!
20. Are you from Oklahoma? Because you’re OK
One of the more offensive pick-up lines, this should be out of your line of consideration completely. You’re not going to impress a girl by calling her OK. Chances are she’ll never want to see you again and you’ll just have to be okay with that.
21. Are you a 45-degree angle? Because you’re a cutie
A play on the word ‘acute’, this is a real sad way of calling someone a cutie. And the whole roundabout approach in simply calling someone cute is quite unnecessary, tbh. All in all, one of the most terrible pick-up lines ever. Don’t even bother trying this one.
22. Let’s head to McDonald’s so I can make you my McGorgeous!
It’s not sexy, funny or cute. Try not to use this pick-up line even if you are planning to head to a McDonald’s. She will think you need some serious dating etiquette after this one.
23. Roses are red, the grass is green, I love your legs and what’s in between
There is nothing sexy about this pick-up line. If anything, it is offensive and crude. Even if you want a sexual play in your pick-up line, resorting to the Roses are Red trope is just not going to work.
24. Hey, girl, are you a dinosaur? Because it’s impossible to find someone like you
Dinosaurs are impossible to find, yes, but they are certainly not hot. Comparing your date to gigantic, repulsive-looking creatures isn’t going to do you any good, so stay away from those references and count this one among the absolute worst pick-up lines.
25. Is your last name suicide? Cause I want to commit to you!
If your date has a shred of empathy, they are not going to think this funny or adorable. This is among the dark pick-up lines that will definitely make your date question their decision of going out with you.
26. Wow! You are even hotter than the bottom of my laptop
Everyone loves a compliment but nobody wants to be compared to a laptop. This is among the world’s worst pick-up lines and no one who is trying to impress their date should use it.
Related Reading: How to compliment a guy?
27. You must be an orphanage. Because I need to give you a couple of kids
Rude, offensive and way too sexist – this is one of the worst pick-up lines that someone could even think of. If this one crosses your mind, bite your tongue.
28. Here’s $40. Go drink until I become good looking enough, then come over to talk!
If you’re picking up someone in a bar, do not try this one at all. It makes the other person feel smaller because they don’t need you to pay for your drinks like that. In your attempt to make an impression as an alpha male, you come across as a total douchebag. Also, the self-deprecating part is not cute either.
29. I seem to have lost my number so can I have yours?
Asking for a phone number is just fine. But you can either be direct about it or get more creative. This just isn’t going to cut it. This is among the lamest pick-up lines of all time that won’t do you any good.
30. Let me tie those shoes, because I’m not letting you fall for anyone else
This one is going to make come off way more possessive than you’d like. No girl or guy is going to respond to your advances if you lead with this pick-up line. So, don’t.
31. Lost my teddy bear! So can you sleep with me instead?
This pick-up line somehow tries way too hard to come off as adorable but just does not have the charm for it. It is one of the worst pick-up lines of all time because it suggests that you don’t have the confidence to be upfront and direct.
32. I’m searching for a treasure so can I look around your chest?
Even if a certain degree of sexual compatibility has been built, this one can come off as really rude and inappropriate. No, this doesn’t qualify as one of those terrible pick-up lines that are so corny that they actually work. This is just terrible. Plain and simple.
32. Do you like bacon? Wanna strip?
It’s too forward and might turn off your date completely. This is one of the worst pick-up lines to use during a date, particularly if you’re still getting to know each other.
33. Did you just fart? Cause you totally blew me away?
Fart jokes are only funny after a certain comfort level has been established. Try not to use this one on Tinder or a first date at all.
34. I’m not feeling myself today. Can I feel you instead?
Use this one at the wrong time and he or she will straight up say no and you’ll just be left dealing with rejection. Asking to feel someone up before the first date, for instance, can really ruin your chances of taking things forward.
35. Does your name start with “C” because I can C us getting down
This is one of the worst pick-up lines and blares the word LAME. It doesn’t make much sense, and will at best get you a reaction that is somewhere between stupor and annoyance.
36. Is that a candy cane in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
We have a winner for the worst pick-up lines from a girl in this one! The correlation is completely off with this one so don’t even consider it. It is hands down among the bad pick-up lines to use on guys.
37. Do you have a shovel? Because I’m digging you
She’s going to ask you to stop digging around and start stepping up your flirting game. You need to stop using the worst pick-up lines and start working on your flirting skills, like yesterday.
38. Roses are red, Violets are blue and I’m coming home with you
This is too overconfident. Don’t use it unless there are sure shot signs your date wants to take you home. If they respond with, ‘Not a chance in hell’, you’d be left there wishing the earth would swallow you whole.
Related Reading: How To Deal With An Alpha Male – 8 Ways To Sail Smoothly
39. Hey beautiful, are you a donut? Cause you’re all curves and sugar baby
This can come off as a little inappropriate and might not appeal to all women! In the raging time of feminism, this could be considered offensive.
40. If you were a Pokemon, I’d choose you
Pokemon references are way too old school and are barely any good today. Try not to use them unless you and your date belong to the Pokemon fanbase.
41. Is there a magnet in your pants? Cause I seem to be attracted to your buns of steel!
This is one flattering pick-up line but has a higher chance of sounding too raunchy. Steer clear from this one to keep your flirting game afloat.
42. Do you need a napkin? Cause you look too dirty
One of the worst pick-up lines of all time and a sure-shot turn-off in a man or a woman. If you ever want to see your date again, don’t use it.
43. So I heard you got the hots for me!
This level of confidence does not always work and appears way too smug. This is one of the terrible pick-up lines that can actually lead to your date leaving mid-way.
44. Are you ok? Because it’s a long fall from heaven
These heaven or angel references are so yesterday. They have been overused so much that nobody likes them anymore. Definitely among the worst pick-up lines to use in the age of online dating.
45. Oh no, I’m choking! I need a mouth-to-mouth, quick!
Umm, ew? This is the worst possible way to go in for a kiss. Count on never getting to experience that mouth-to-mouth with this date at least.
46. Hey girl, are you a screwdriver? Cause I’m going nuts over you
Screwdrivers are so sexy – said nobody ever. That’s what makes it one of the world’s worst pick-up lines that’s best forgotten.
47. Your kids are going to be beautiful, but the Y is silent
Why would anyone even mention something like having kids in a pick-up line? Your date is just gonna ask you to stop dreaming and come up with something better.
Related Reading: Flirting Tips For Beginners – For Men And For Women
48. I bet you’ve heard every line in the book, so what’s one more?
That’s not even a real pick-up line! You’re not picking up anyone with this half-hearted effort. You are just being pure lazy, you know it and your date will as well.
49. My name is Chance, so can I have one?
Umm, no. Try again next time. And try harder. You’ll probably get a chance when you stop using the world’s worst pick-up lines.
50. Hey girl, are you a pick-up line? Because I’m about to use you
Use someone? That is not hot or witty in any way at all. This is one of the worst pick-up lines that will do nothing more than earn you the creep tag.
If you’re guilty of using some of the worst pick-up lines, it’s in your best interest to revamp your dating game. In case, you can’t think of anything smart, quirky or witty to say, just keep it simple and straightforward.