Now people have been getting friendzoned since time immemorial and you might not be the first and surely not going to be the last in the history of mankind. Julianne got big-time friend-zoned in My Best Friend’s Wedding because she was a buddy to Michael and he looked at her as a ‘friend’. Even though Julianne tried to break up Michael’s wedding or profess her love for him, was clueless as to how to get out of the friendzone.
In yet another film, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower, Charlie befriends Sam and her stepbrother Patrick in High School, but their friendship comes in the way of their feelings for each other.
Most of us would relate to such times when we would keep chatting most of the day with a person we met a month or two back, asking each other about music and people. In our mind, this is usually the part where you are getting to know the person. But then bam, the friendzone bug bites us and we are back to square one. We all know the feeling of getting friendzoned and once you hit the wall, you feel like there isn’t going back to good old days.
But what you don’t know is how to get out of the friend zone, or maybe how to avoid friend zone in the first place, and if at all you are in the friend zone, why it could be a good thing too.
Related reading: What Can Be the Worst Epic Responses To I Love You?
Why Getting Friend Zoned Is Good?
When a girl offers her friendship, she really means it and just wants to dabble in another space with you. So, at times, it’s best to try not getting out of the picture just yet and see how it works for you.
- You share a comfort level – She is comfortable with being friends with you- If you ask her out or strive hard to make her fall in love you from the very beginning, chances are it could go either ways. But if you have been in the realms of friendzone for a while, chances are she is not going to ruin what you both share.
- Your friendship is valuable – She will never let you linger between dating and friendship territory for long. When she will request you to be her friend, don’t feel dejected as you may be really valuable to her as her friend and she will even go that extra mile to retain that. So, getting friendzoned is not such a bad thing after all.
- You get great advice on girls – If you are ‘just friends’ with a woman, you can approach her for advice about other girls and share your concerns anytime! She’ll help you with a female perspective which can be helpful for you.
- There’s no more confusion – Once you know for sure that you are getting friendzoned, there will be no more confusion about where your relationship stands. You don’t have to stay hanging on false hopes and can actually look for other love interests.
Benefits of the friendzone:
- Women make great, emotionally supportive friends.
- Female friends are capable of giving great advice when it comes to relationships with other women because most guys have a blind spot when it comes to understanding women.
- Guys think female friends can turn out to be great wingmen for them and can help you meet girls who you shall actually like and resonate with.
- It’s always beneficial for men to actually see the female perspective too, and even ask for simple advice like fashion for instance.
How To Get Out Of The Friend Zone?
Still, if you are hell bent on learning how to get out of the friendzone, well, we have some pointers.
- Make sure to always be there for the person and help him/her but remember never to become a doormat. You can clearly show your disinterest when you feel it’s just turning out to be a one-sided relationship. It will be an eye opener for the person on the opposite end.
- Try to be MIA or make your absence felt temporarily so that the other person starts to miss you. This is a great way to go for in case you are seeking how to get out of the friend zone.
- Always ensure to be grateful and keep your friend happy, but also keep it in mind that you don’t jump in and say yes to every favor they ask for. Let them also put in a little effort to keep you in their life. Slowly and steadily, you’ll be moving on from friends to lovers, and getting friendzoned will be a thing of the past.
Related reading: How Do You Tell Someone You Are Not Interested In Dating?
So, you see it’s not always about how to get of the friend zone through text or call, or even getting out of it in the first place. We all need good friends of the opposite sex in our lives and getting friendzoned is just another way of achieving that.
Meanwhile, in another parallel universe, Urban Dictionary defines getting friendzoned as:
When a member of the opposite sex (usually one you want to hook up with) declares you to be “just a friend”, thereby ruining all potential chances of sex.
Getting friendzoned is not as bad as it sounds. Don’t get demotivated or keep wondering how to avoid friend zone. In fact, let the other person know that you are fine being ‘just friends’ and are aware of the boundaries. Once you make that clear, your friendship will not get affected and you can still have a comfortable relationship.
If you are unsure about whether you have romantic chances or are only looked at as a friend, then notice the little things. If he/she doesn’t indulge in physical actions like holding hands or touching even when you are alone, then there are high chances of you getting friendzoned. If they talk to you excitedly about their crushes or infatuations, then that’s another sign that you are in the dreaded zone.
It’s better to know how to avoid friend zone in the first place than to try finding out how to get out of the friend zone once you are in it. Don’t indulge the other person by doing “just friends” things like being their pretend partner or hanging out doing nerdy things. Show the other person that you are romantically interested and don’t shy away from sharing your feelings. It’s better to get rejected than getting friendzoned.
12 Signs It’s Time To Stop Pursuing The Girl You Like And Back Off
Readers Comments On “Getting Friendzoned? Believe Us It’s Great for You!”
17 Signs You Have Found Your Soulmate
7 Signs You Are Tired Of Being Single And What You Should Do
14 Types Of Guys Who Stay Single And Why They Do
How To Cope With Being Single In Your 30s – 11 Tips
13 Proven Ways To Get A Guy’s Attention
15 Reasons Young Men Fall For Older Women
9 Awesome Benefits Of Not Getting Married
19 Definite Signs You Are An Attractive Guy
10 Ways To Be Happy Alone & Resist Feelings of Loneliness
13 Beautiful Ways To Date Yourself
How To Hookup On Tinder? The Right Way To Do It
Will I Be Alone Forever? How It Feels And Ways To Get Over It
13 Things To Practice To Attract Love Into Your Life
9 Expert Tips To Figure Out What Do You Want In A Relationship
8 Signs You Were Raised By A Toxic Mother: With Healing Tips From An Expert
How To Cope With Being Single Or A Third Wheel On New Year’s Eve
15 Awesome Advantages Of Being Single | Love Singledom
13 Clear Signs He Is Fighting His Feelings For You
Benefits Of Being Single: 5 Reasons To Be Single And Not Ready To Mingle
Why Is Being Single Looked Down Upon? Decoding The Psychology Behind Judgment