Rajkummar Rao might not be a star with six-pack abs, neither does he have the conventional looks of a quintessential hero, but he has made a niche for himself in Bollywood with rich content-driven films that he chooses to work in.
From his lesser known role in Rann as a reporter, to his role of a sweet guy turning vengeful after being abandoned by his love in Shadi Mein Zaroor Aana, to the multi-faceted character he played in Bareilly Ki Barfi and then his latest being Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga, a mainstream movie in Indian cinema, which actively ignited the conversation on the LGBTQ community and their relationships with mainstream society. The fact that he has done small roles and made them count as well is the reason that he is one of the strongest contemporary actors of our times.
Here’s a collection of top 10 best dialogues of this incredible performer, Rajkummar Rao
1. Everything is fair in love and war. Love is over. Now war begins – Shaadi Mein Zaroor Aana
If the love is crazy and fulfilling, the breakup is also vengeful and ugly. This dialogue says it all.
2. Agar shakal dekh ke ladkiyan shaadi karti na, toh Hindustan mein aadhe ladke kanware hote – Bareilly Ki Barfi
If looks had been everything then most men in India are so terrible to look at, no one would have married them.
3. Yeh ishq nahi aasaan bas itna samajh lijiye, ek aag ka dariya hai aur wahin bhasma ho jaana – Shaadi Mein Zaroor Aana
Love is not easy. It’s like a river of fire where you burn yourself, knowingly.
4. Dil mein jo aag hai sabko dikha doonga, jo uthi doli teri duniya mein, aag main laga doonga – Behen Hogi Teri
My love for you is a burning fire but if you get married to someone else I will burn the world down.
5. Pyar jo hai na woh ready-made nahi hota hai. Usse hai na aise pyar se sui dhaage se silna padta hai– Stree
Love is not like readymade clothing that you can just buy and wear. It’s more like buying a piece of cloth and making the effort to stitch it together to make a lovely piece of garment.
6. Waise zyaada romantic type ka banda hoon nahi. Par jabse iss ladki ki dekha na, aisa laga ye na mili to main mar jaunga – Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga
I am not the romantic type but since the time I set my eyes on this girl I felt I would die without her.
7. Tune mujhe suffering di, maine tujhe ring di – Ragini MMS
Despite all the suffering you gave me I gave you a ring.
8. 9 baje ka time hai, main 9 baje aa jaata hoon, logon ko bahut badi baat lagti hai – Newton
Why is it such a big deal if I arrive on time?
9. Hum gussa nahin hai, hum naftrat karte hai aapse – Shaadi Mein Zaroor Aana
I am not angry I just hate you.
10. Pati ka naam likhne se darogi to saat janmon ka saath kaise rahega – Hamari Adhuri Kahani
Rajkummar Rao played the role of an abusive husband in the film where he says that if his wife is scared of writing her husband’s name then how would she live with him all her life?