To make love stick, Cupid would perhaps be better off lacing his arrows with humor. Studies have shown that laughter is the glue that holds love together and makes it last. So whether it’s for breaking the ice on a first date, thawing a cold war with your partner, melting their freezing stare, or bringing on warm, fuzzy feelings, love jokes could be the ultimate weapon in your relationship arsenal.
When the many-splendored quirks of love as we know it land us in sticky situations, looking at the funny side of things may actually be a good thing. Who knows, finishing each other’s jokes may bring you closer. And beating your ‘bae’ to the punchline rather than in an argument may well be the key to a happier relationship. Reasons enough, we say, to keep the jokes on love coming and adding a pinch of humor to your love life. So, read on to make your funny bones tickle even when you’re in love.
60 Jokes On Love That Will Make You And Your Partner Laugh
Table of Contents
In romantic relationships, humor enhances everything else, or so a Reddit user says. He believes humor is like “egg on rice, or pearls in bubble tea, or salt/pepper/sriracha hot sauce”. We all love jokes and a good laugh. But telling jokes and having them well-received is no laughing matter. Besides the time, the place, and the tone, what counts the most is whether your partner finds the joke (no matter how remotely) funny.
As anyone who’s ever tried it will tell you, telling jokes can be tricky. Laugh at the same things, and your partner will laugh with you. But laugh at them, poke fun at them for too long, or tease too far and your funny romantic mood may end up in smoke. Science agrees too. Studies have shown that a healthy dose of shared laughter can truly keep a relationship ticking. So, if you’re looking to have a crack at humor that will bring laughter on both your and your partner’s lips, our compilation of hilarious jokes on love is just what Cupid would recommend.
Related Reading: 101 Love Riddles To Tickle Your Romantic Side – With Answers
Funny Jokes About Love
They say life is strange and changeful. But love can be stranger than fiction. And despite all its disasters, irritations, confusions, contradictions, and frictions, it can be strangely and inadvertently funny too. The things we do in the name of love and for the sake of love can provide a rich breeding ground for some hilarity and inspired humor. Though much would depend on how we look at them.
If you’re looking for some inspiration on love jokes to tell your girlfriend over text or get your favorite person to smile for hours, these relationship jokes may just get the chuckles going (And maybe help you elicit a few belly laughs too):
- What do two zombies do when they love each other very much?
They bury each other
- What happened to the two vampires who went on a blind date?
They fell in love at first bite
- What happened when the candle went dating?
It found the perfect match
- How do tightrope walkers find romance?
Through online dating!
- What do you say to your single friends on Valentine’s Day?
Happy Independence Day!
- What did the astronaut’s girlfriend say when he proposed to her in outer space?
“I am so happy, I can’t breathe!”
- Two antennas met on a roof, fell in love, and got married. The ceremony wasn’t great, but the reception was excellent
- Two golden rules of a happy marriage:
1. The wife is always right.
2. When you feel she is wrong, read rule number 1 again
- What’s the difference between love and marriage?
Love is blind, but marriage is an eye-opener
- Relationships are a lot like algebra.
Have you ever looked at your X and wondered Y?
Related Reading: Hope You Are Not Doing These 10 Funny Things After A Breakup
Corny Love Jokes
“A difference of taste in jokes is a great strain upon the affections.” So said George Eliot. We agree. When it comes to sense of humor, being on the same wavelength matters. You may like your jokes with a classic twist, ‘punny side up’, or as corny as they come. But your punchlines will only fall flat or end in an awkward silence if your partner doesn’t get them.
And if they do? Then no matter how cheesy or contrived your lines may be, they are sure to make your SO’s eyes twinkle with mirth. Even if they don’t exactly keel over with laughter, or if no one else finds your wisecracks particularly funny or something to laugh home about.
If your partner gets your corny love jokes, we’ve got some for you that are so cheesy, they’re actually pretty good to get a few laughs out of and put a smile on their face:
- What do you call two ants who run away to get married?
- Why shouldn’t you fall in love with a pastry chef?
He’ll dessert you
- What did the light bulb say to the switch?
You turn me on!
- What did the patient with the broken leg say to their doctor?
Hey doc, I have a crutch on you
- My girlfriend told me she was leaving me because I keep pretending to be a Transformer.
I said, “No, wait! I can change”
- What do you call a ghost’s true love?
- What kind of cake is never on time?
- Did you know that marriage is a three-ring circus?
Engagement ring, wedding ring, and suffering
- If two cupids fell in love, what do you call it?
A match made in heaven!
- What do you get when you kiss a dragon?
For more expert-backed insights, please subscribe to our YouTube Channel.
Love Jokes For Him
Research has shown that men tend to crack more jokes than women in the early phases of a budding romance. But they are inclined to laugh more readily at their partner’s jokes as the relationship solidifies. Though they will always think their jokes are much, much funnier than yours. Don’t let that stop you from setting a funny romantic mood and starting some silly conversations to get a few laughs.
Whether you’ve just started dating or have been together awhile, if you’re looking for some love jokes and one-liners that will get him laughing on the inside, even if not out loud, you need look no further than this list:
- Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I pass by you again?
- Are we subatomic particles? Because I feel a strong force between the two of us
- I know this is going to sound cheesy, but I think you’re the grate-est
- Sometimes I look at my boyfriend and think…
Damn. He is one lucky man
- Do you want to know why I plan on not using Google anymore?
Because after all this time that I have spent searching, I have found the love of my life and it is you
- What kind of institution is marriage?
One where a man loses his bachelor’s degree and a woman gets her master’s
- What did one watermelon say to the other?
You’re one in a melon!
- If you were a potato, you’d be a sweet one
- What did the snake say to his girlfriend?
Give me a little hiss
- I’m learning about important dates in history.
Wanna go on one?
Related Reading: 15 Funny Ways To Annoy Your Boyfriend And Irritate Him!
Love Jokes For Her
If you skim through dating profiles, you’ll find that GSOH or a good sense of humor gets the most mentions. In fact, it is usually one of the first things we notice in a potential partner. In an in-app survey on Tinder, women rated humor as the most desirable quality in a dating partner. So if you can make a girl laugh, do you have half her heart? It is highly likely, says this study. Reason enough to get cracking on brushing up your punchlines we say.
Whether you’re scrolling for a funny joke to tell your girlfriend or even love jokes to tell your girlfriend over text, we’ve compiled a few to help you tickle her funny bone and her fancy:
- You must be a welder! Because when we’re together, sparks fly!
- Do you have a bandage? Because I just scraped my knee falling for you
- Hi, is your name Wi-Fi? Because I’m sensing a strong connection?
- Are you Siri? Because you autocomplete me
- I’m lost. Can you give me directions to your heart?
- What do you call two birds in love?
- How did the telephone propose to its girlfriend?
It gave a ring
- I said: “I love you and I can’t live without you.”
My girlfriend giggled and asked: “Is that you or the wine talking?”
I said: “It’s me talking to the wine”
- Baby, you make my floppy disk turn into a hard drive
- Knock, knock!
Water you doing tonight?
Related Reading: 65 Funny Texts To Get Her Attention And Make Her Text You
The Best ‘I Love You’ Jokes
There may come a point in a relationship when you may feel an irresistible, overwhelming, and uncontrollable urge to say, “How do I love thee! Let me count the ways.” Now, whether it works like a charm; makes them blush; or is terrible, horrible, or an epic fail is almost always up to the vagaries of your special someone’s heart.
There’s a reason why love has been called a mysterious and an uncertain treasure. If the uncertainty is becoming an endless torment, how about testing how they feel about you or dropping them a hint or two? For that, these jokes would be a good place to start (They’re sure to slay if your feelings are reciprocated, too):
- You must be peanut butter. ’Cause you make my heart jelly
- I like you butter than anyone!
- You must be a magician. Because every time I look at you, everyone else disappears
- Let’s commit the perfect crime. I’ll steal your heart, and you can steal mine
- We’re not socks. But I think we’d make a great pair
- Who knew I would be an organ donor so early in life?
I already gave my heart to you
- What did one light bulb say to the other?
I love you watts and watts
- What did one volcano say to the other volcano?
I lava you
- Knock, knock.
Candice be true love I am feeling now
- Knock, knock!
Nobody knows how much I love you
Related Reading: What Can Be The Worst Epic Responses To I Love You?
Random Jokes On Love
Love needs no rhyme or reason. And nor do you to hit ‘send’ on a funny joke to tell your girlfriend or boyfriend (or your Bumble match for that matter) that will make them laugh uncontrollably. Though within reason: when it comes to jokes, more doesn’t always make merrier.
If you look long and hard, you’ll probably find a relationship meme or two for every occasion. Or even ice-breaker prompts. Perhaps some funny Tinder questions to make an impression. And ‘funnies’ to match your partner’s moods and disposition. Though you probably won’t need to. Because we’ve already done some of the legwork for you. Here are some jokes as random as they come that can help build up the laughs and, hopefully, make them text you right back:
- Why did the square break up with the circle?
She wasn’t edgy enough
- Why did the lion break up with his girlfriend?
Because she was a cheetah
- Why did the banker break up with his girlfriend?
He was losing interest
- What did one boat say to the other boat?
Are you interested in a little row-mance?
- Did you hear about the notebook that married the pencil?
She finally found Mr. Write
- Wife: “In my dream, I saw you in a jewelry store and you bought me a diamond ring.”
Husband: “I had the same dream and I saw your dad paying the bill”
- When a man opens the car door for his wife, you can be sure of one thing — either the car is brand new or the wife is
- A couple went on a date at a fancy restaurant. The woman tells the man to say something that will get her heart racing.
He replies, “I forgot my wallet”
- My girlfriend left me because she couldn’t handle my OCD.
I told her to close the door five times on her way out
- Why should you not marry a tennis player?
Because love means nothing to them
As well-known relationship psychologist Dr. John Gottman says, “Couples who laugh together, last together.” Using humor can be a good way to lighten the mood, mend a rift, defuse a stressful situation quickly, cope with conflict, communicate, and shorten the distance between hearts. So, do read the ‘funnies’ together, exchange love jokes, and paint a funny picture for a lark. Chances are they may just join in the ‘pun’.