What if I was a worm, would you still love me? What if your ex wants you back, would you leave me for them? What if I tell you I’m into handcuffs and blindfolds, would you explore that? What if one of us gets a dream job in a different city, would that mean the end of our relationship? Even if you’re in a healthy, happy, and stable relationship, these what-if questions about love may excite or scare you.
If you’re crushing on someone or you just got into a new relationship, these questions can also help you get a better insight into your partner and the nature of your relationship. Admit it, you can’t help but ponder over these once in a while. If only there was a way to just ask them upfront and put all your dilemmas to rest!
Well, what if all these questions on your mind could be made into a thought-provoking and fun game? Bonus? Through these what-if questions about love for couples, you get to know your long-term partner, your relationship, your crush, and yourself on a deeper level. So without any further ado, let’s look at how this works!
What Are What-If Questions?
Well, this is simple and pure fun. Just ask your partner a question beginning with “What if” and follow it up with a prompt. Let your partner ponder over this hypothetical question and give you an answer. Take turns and explore the fun.
Now, when and where can you ask these questions? Use them as conversation starters or as a round of the game. You may ask these what-if questions about love anywhere, perhaps during a romantic night in the bedroom or even at a party with your close friends. Ask them in person or through text messages, it doesn’t matter. Just make sure your partner is comfortable answering them and enjoy the game!
160 Ultimate What-If Questions About Love For Couples
Lizzie, 25, an artist from Phoenix, says, “Oh my god, I love asking my boyfriend these what-if questions about love. And he enjoys them wholeheartedly. We often end up laughing and it cheers us up. The best part is, it gives me a view of Jake’s imaginative side. His ideas, feelings, and future plans. It has brought us so much closer.”
Angelina, a chef from Colorado, shares with us, “My girlfriend and I started dating six months ago. Of course, these questions pop up in my head sometimes, but I never really thought this could be such a wonderful way of getting to know your partner. It sounds super exciting. I’m trying to think of a list of things Trish and I could ask each other.” If you’re wondering the same, we’ve got an amazing list of what-if questions for couples right here. Explore the different sections and have fun with these questions!
What If Questions About Ex
Have you ever wondered about your partner’s ex? How often do young adults in romantic relationships communicate with their exes? Why do they still stay in touch? What does it say about their present relationship? Interestingly, Lindsay Rodriguez and her colleagues surveyed 260 people to determine this. These 260 young adults had been with their current partner for at least over a month and had a previous relationship that lasted at least three months. Guess what was found out?
40% of them kept in touch with an ex. Most people did not speak to their ex too often but 13% of them had contact with their ex several times a week. Now, who is more likely to stay in touch with an ex? The more serious the current relationship, the less likely participants were to have contact with an ex. Now that you know how common this is, the what-if questions about ex become all the more relevant. To make sure you ask them without making your partner feel cornered or get defensive, we have prepared a list of questions that will give you comfort, clarity, and peace.
1. What if an ex texted you at midnight and said they want to meet you in person?
2. What if an ex you deeply loved said they want to be in a relationship with you again?
3. What if you found out that I met my ex for a lunch date?
4. What if your ex becomes famous overnight?
5. What if your ex is in serious trouble and needs your help?
6. What if your ex wants you to stop seeing me for a valid reason?
7. What if my ex asked you to stop dating me?
8. What if your ex is in town and wants to stay at your place for just a day for convenience?
9. What if you found out my ex is a celebrity?
10. What if your ex suddenly shows up at your door?
11. What if you had to date an ex for a year and you both would get a million dollars for it?
12. What if you find out that I have been cheating on you with my ex?
13. What if your most recent ex starts dating someone?
14. What if our exes start dating each other?
15. What if we bumped into our exes at the same time at a restaurant?
16. What if your ex tells me that you’ve cheated on them?
17. What if your ex calls you and tells you they’re pregnant with your child?
18. What if you realize you’re still not over your ex?
19. What if my ex gives you a thousand dollars and asks you to leave me?
20. What if your parents like your ex better than they like me?
21. What if I asked you out when you were still dating your ex?
22. What if you find out that I’m friends with your ex?
23. What if I call you by my ex’s name accidentally?
24. What if your ex invites you to their wedding?
25. What if we were exes and met suddenly after ten years?
26. What if you find out your ex is in jail?
27. What if I invite my ex to our anniversary party?
28. What if we break up and I start dating one of my exes?
29. What if your ex says you both got married secretly?
30. What if you could change something about your relationship with your ex?
31. What if you realize you were the toxic one with your ex?
32. What if your ex wants to stay friends with you?
Related Reading: 55 Questions Everyone Wishes They Could Ask Their Ex
What If Questions To Ask Your Crush
Remember when Chandler asks Monica a what-if question while chilling at the beach? What if there was a nuclear holocaust and Chandler was the only man left in the world? Would she go out with them? If you’ve ever wanted to ask such cute what-if questions to your crush, this list will come in handy.
1. What if you could kiss only one person for the rest of your life? Who would it be and
2. What if you found out that a close friend has a huge crush on you?
3. What if someone wrote you a love letter?
4. What if you have to take someone out on a dinner date tomorrow? Who would you call?
5. What if you want to have a friend with benefits?
6. What if the world was ending tomorrow? What is that one thing we would do?
7. What if you find out that I’m moving to a different country?
8. What if someone wants to send you a romantic gift? What would you like to receive?
9. What if we were stranded on a deserted island for a couple of nights, just you and I?
10. What if you could change something about friendship?
11. What if your lover bought you flowers? What flowers would you like?
12. What if we were stuck in a room for a few seconds and I kissed you?
13. What if you and I were the only people in a small cozy library?
14. What if we adopted a pet together? Would you rather have a dog or a cat?
15. What if one of us got into a relationship?
16. What if you could kiss me right now, would you go for it?
17. What if we had a fight and stopped talking to each other?
18. What if we were dating each other? What do you think would be the best parts of our
19. What if we were bench partners in high school?
20. What if you had a chance to take someone special to the moon?
21. What if someone asked me out right now in front of you?
22. What if we met on a blind date? What do you think would happen?
23. What if someone wants to be in a meaningful, long-term relationship with you?
24. What if someone asked you to describe your type?
25. What if we won a romantic holiday where only you and I can go?
26. What if I was your ex and I still had a crush on you?
27. What if you went to our friend’s wedding as my plus one?
28. What if you got a couple’s game night coupon? Who would you bring?
29. What if we were in a hotel room in Paris right now?
30. What if we were a celebrity couple? Who do you think we’d be?
31. What if someone like me fell in love with you?
32. What if I took you out on a date someday?
Related Reading: 40 Things To Talk About With Your Crush
What If Questions About The Future Of Your Relationship
“What if I said it wasn’t up to them?” says Holly Flax, the best HR rep Dunder Mifflin has ever seen. Michael asks, “Who?” She answers, “The company. Nobody knows our future, but it’s not gonna be decided by the company.” With just this what-if question, Holly and Michael changed their fate. They tied the knot soon and shaped their future just the way they wanted to. If you want to know more about the future of your relationship, go ahead and ask some deep what-if questions. You won’t regret it. Here’s a list to help you along the way:
1. What if I got afflicted by a serious disease? Would you still want to be with me?
2. What if we could date only each other for the rest of our lives?
3. What if one of us wants to take a break from our relationship?
4. What if we find out now that we’re pregnant?
5. What if we start living together?
6. What if one of us has a really busy day at work on our anniversary?
7. What if our relationship is going through a rough patch?
8. What if we need to cut down on monthly expenses at some point?
9. What if I lose a valuable gift you gave me?
10. What if our house is a mess and the guests are just about to arrive?
11. What if you make a hurtful comment and realize it after a day?
12. What if I end up being thirty minutes late on one of our Friday date nights?
13. What if I cheated on you after being together for thirty years?
14. What if we want to change the city we live in?
15. What if we disagree on naming our first child?
16. What if I don’t feel very comfortable around one of your friends?
17. What if both of us are down with a fever and we sort out the daily chores?
18. What if we grow old with each other?
19. What if we feel really bored on a Sunday night and want to do something fun?
20. What if we have a silly fight just before going to bed?
21. What if we grow a garden together?
22. What if I get fired from my job all of a sudden?
23. What if I get a dream job but it requires me to move to a different country?
24. What if one of us wins a jackpot at the lottery on a date night?
25. What if you’re wearing your favorite shirt and I accidentally throw up on you?
26. What if my parents don’t seem to like you?
27. What if your parents are really rude to me?
28. What if we could have the same job or at least work in the same building?
29. What if a fortune-teller told you that being in a relationship with me would bring you
30. What if our relationship required us to share the same space 24/7?
31. What if you found out your ex had a child with you and wants to reconcile?
32. What if we could see each other ten years from now? What do you think our life would
Related Reading: 55 Intimate Questions To Ask Your Partner
Spicy What If Questions For Couples
Maybe you’ve just started dating and you want to explore the naughty bits of your relationship. Maybe you’re chilling with your friend with benefits and want to spice things up. Maybe you’ve been married for decades and you want that first date mystery back into your relationship. Unravel the hottest desires of you and your partner through these spicy what-if questions for couples:
1. What if you wanted to secretly turn me on in front of our parents?
2. What if I told you I’m into threesomes?
3. What if you were dating me and got a chance to hook up with a celebrity crush for a day?
4. What if you wanted to spice things up on my birthday?
5. What if I was just in my underwear right now?
6. What if you found out I had acted in a porn film years ago?
7. What if I wanted to try edible underwear?
8. What if someone walks into the room accidentally while you’re intimate with me?
9. What if you have a strong fetish but you’re hesitant to share it with me?
10. What if we try roleplay? Which one would you choose?
11. What if you find a secret sex toy in my drawer?
12. What if you have to choose between morning sex and evening sex and stick to it for the
rest of your life?
13. What if you get turned on during a serious fight with your partner?
14. What if you had to choose only one part of my body where you can kiss me for the next
15. What if we could enact a hot scene from any movie of your choice?
16. What if you had to choose between hugging me and kissing me?
17. What if you could pick my dress for our anniversary night?
18. What if you could have sex at any location? Which place would you pick?
19. What if you had to think about only one thing while you masturbated for the rest of your
20. What if you could hook up with any celebrity but had to do it in a dirty stinking
21. What if you were in charge of packing for an erotic vacation with me? What are the
things you’d carry?
22. What if you had to pick a song to set the mood in bed?
23. What if you could select any food or ingredient to use during foreplay?
24. What if you could fantasize about someone else while we’re doing it?
25. What if you could try spanking me?
26. What if you had to pick between car sex and shower sex?
27. What if you had to send me a naughty picture right now?
28. What if you could be any animal when we’re having sex?
29. What if I was down with a fever but felt super horny?
30. What if I accidentally moaned someone else’s name when you’re inside me?
31. What if you could have sex on a plane or inside an empty train compartment? Which
one would you prefer?
32. What if you could turn me on with just three words?
Related Reading: Sex Games A Couple Should Play
What If Questions To See How Much They Love You
No matter how long you have been with each other or how deep your love is, you can always learn more about your partner and your relationship. So, the next time you’re looking for a conversation booster or want to understand how your partner really feels about you, ask these what-if questions about love right away:
1. What if you got an opportunity of a lifetime but had to leave me behind?
2. What if you had the superpower to fulfill one of my dreams?
3. What if we started dating and three months later, I found out I was pregnant with my ex’s
4. What if you woke up tomorrow and heard that I had died in a car accident?
5. What if you forgot our anniversary and I got really mad at you?
6. What if we were on an airplane and I felt claustrophobic? How would you react?
7. What if you cheated on me for a night?
8. What if I dated someone famous and they share an embarrassing story about me on TV?
9. What if your childhood sweetheart came back to profess their love for you?
10. What if you just found out that I had an illegitimate child?
11. What if you could change one thing about me?
12. What if we could go back in time and revisit one of our dates? Which one would you
13. What if you could alter the way we met each other?
14. What if we cheated on each other, what do you think would happen?
15. What if you could see someone all the time?
16. What if I asked you to kill someone for me?
17. What if you had to send me a fixed goodnight message every day? What would you
18. What if we broke up tomorrow?
19. What if you realize you don’t love me?
20. What if we could date or see anyone else for 24 hours, who would you want to date?
21. What if I misunderstood you and left one day?
22. What if your parents don’t show interest in me?
23. What if the love of your life gets lost?
24. What if another person asked me out on a date? How would you feel?
25. What if a close friend of mine asks you out?
26. What if I asked you to move in with me?
27. What if I had only one day left to live?
28. What if I started dating someone else? Would you get over it quickly, or would it take
you a long time to move on?
29. What if I get arrested and have to spend a year in jail?
30. What if I get cold feet on the day of our wedding?
31. What if I want us to get a couple’s tattoo?
32. What if you could live forever with me? Would you be able to commit to it?
Self-disclosure leads to deeper intimacy and loving relationships. When you and your partner share more of your inner thoughts, you allow yourselves to be vulnerable and feel closer to each other. This makes your bonding stronger than ever. We hope this quick round of what-if questions about love fills your relationship with giggles, clarity, joy, and some wonders you had never expected.