Planning to woo a girl and get her to talk to you? Research suggests ditching the pickup lines and polishing your punchlines! Meeting someone who appreciates and shares your sense of humor is practically a guarantee for your relationship. But that’s easier said than done. It’s very important to ensure that you’re armed with funny texts to get her attention.
Knowing what to say to a girl to get her attention over text can be difficult. Doesn’t matter if you have game or not, we are here to help you regardless. That’s why we bring to you 65 funny texts to get her attention and make her text you back.
65 Funny Texts To Get Her Attention And Make Her Text You
You want the woman of your dreams to know you’re thinking about her. Not just that, you want to make her laugh too. You just saw she posted something on Instagram; this is the perfect time to send her messages to get her attention online! Or you’re feeling extra confident today, and are finally ready to send those flirty text messages to get her attention and make it stay. Or you just want to text a girl to keep her interested in you. So let’s help you up your ante as you chat with her. Go ahead and use a few of these 65 flirtatious and funny texts to get her attention.
First text to get her attention
I know I have struggled enough with first texts to realize that “sup” and “wyd” don’t really do it anymore. Below are a few first texts to get her attention that are unique and just quirky enough to let you get away with it!
- You. Me. Friday. 8 pm. Oh yeah, btw, hi
Planning for her might be cocky but if you’re looking for lines to get her attention, this one will surely help.
- So, what’s your astrology sign? I’m a textbook Libra
Astrology is booming right now and if you find a girl who is into the stars, this opener is your best friend. She will get right into decoding your personality.
Related Reading: 6 Most Compatible Zodiac Sign Pairs According To Astrology
- What kind of music do you like to listen to?
Asking about her musical taste is one of the best first texts to get her attention. And who knows, maybe you’ll also discover new music along the way.
- Here’s a question whose answer decides the rest of our friendship/relationship. Which Hogwarts house are you?
When it comes to millennials and Gen Z, Harry Potter is the Bible for a lot of us. Asking about their Hogwarts house either helps you discover similarities between the two of you or at the least, sparks a healthy debate on the positives and negatives of every house, making this one of the best attention-grabbing texts for her.
- Let’s switch roles. You’re me, I’m you. What would you do to make me say ‘yes’ to a date?
This text can be a little cheeky but if you’re looking for funny texts to get her attention, this won’t let you down. And who knows, maybe this simple text to get a girl’s attention will help you get new and innovative persuasive ideas along the way!
- Your Tinder profile said that you enjoy reading. What was the last book you read?
If you’re looking for messages to catch her attention online, this one should definitely be on your list. It tells her you are attentive toward her hobbies and allows you to keep the conversation going.
- Sometimes I just put on my gym clothes so my body ‘thinks’ I worked out
If you are plagued with the thought “What to say to a girl to get her attention over text?” and cannot find a decent opener, this one is just quirky enough to let you get away with it.
Related Reading: Couples who workout together have better sex life
- Is having a fake plant deceitful or smart?
This first text to get her attention accomplishes its goal! Deep but dumb enough to not be very serious, this question will draw her attention like a moth to a candle and after that, it’s up to you to keep that intact.
- What was your favorite Halloween costume as a kid?
Who doesn’t love dressing up for Halloween? Asking about her favorite Halloween costume as a kid will surely bring up some nostalgia and give you an insight into the kind of person she is.
- Knock, knock.
I think I’m Pauline in love with you
How can we make a list of funny texts to get her attention if we do not add knock-knock jokes to it? There are some really cringe-worthy knock-knock jokes in the world but speaking as someone who has an aversion to terrible pickup lines, this one made me laugh too!
- Why shouldn’t you fall in love with a pastry chef? He’ll dessert you!
I mean…Do I really need to say more? Make your girl laugh and pun your way into her heart.
- What would you call the Twitter bird if it fell in love with someone? Tweet-hearts!
This one is so adorable it had to be on the list of the best attention-grabbing texts for her. Made you smile too, didn’t it?
- Is ‘moist’ your favorite word or are you normal?
People hate that word. Ask these researchers if you don’t believe me. But if you find someone who disagrees, this line to get her attention will definitely fulfill its agenda.
- Tell me something funny that happened to you this week
In this scenario, you don’t have to send funny texts to get her attention, she’ll do it FOR you. Asking her this question will also make her share tidbits of her life and develop mutual trust.
Related Reading: 31 Funny Ways To Start A Text Conversation And Get Responses!
- I’m making the first move now so next time it’s your turn
Taking the control while also giving it back? That’s a smart move many women would appreciate. If you’re looking for messages to get her attention online, this one remains a timeless classic.
- Do you know how much penguins weigh? Enough to break the ice. Hello!
Who doesn’t like penguins? And who wouldn’t appreciate a good ‘ice-breaker’ question like this?
Flirty text messages to get her attention
Have you ever come across someone who is so stunning that you can’t help but send flirty and funny texts to get her attention? If you can’t think of any though, we have got your back.
- I’m counting down the minutes until I get to see you
Letting her know you’re thinking about her is a surefire way to grab her attention. Ladies love knowing that they’re on your mind and sometimes being upfront about it is the best way to go about getting a date after a pandemic!
- How long did it take you to figure out what Ariana Grande meant by “34+35”? Be honest
To be honest, it took me a bit of time too. This text is just flirty enough and can be appropriate once you’ve established a bond with her. This way, you can use an anecdote or lyric around her favorite singer to create funny texts to get her attention.
Related Reading: How Gen-Z Uses Memes To Flirt
- Hey, I just thought of the perfect crime. I steal your heart, and you steal mine
A little cringey but this works as well as any other smooth pickup line. Definitely qualifies as one of the flirty text messages to get her attention.
- You are so beautiful you made me forget my pickup line
Sometimes not using a cringey pickup line qualifies as a cringey pickup line too.
- I enjoyed that kiss so much. You feel good with my hands around your waist
If you’re looking for a follow-up text to a successful meet (wink wink), this is one that will make her think about you and text you back.
- No matter how horrible my day is, when you smile, you make everything alright
Making your lady feel special should be on the top of your list and this random text to get her attention will definitely accomplish your goal.
- Life is full of beautiful things: soft sunsets, painted rainbows, delicate blossoms, love and laughter, quiet moments, and a wonderful someone like you
Sometimes soft messages like these are the simplest way to win your woman’s heart.
- You make things hard. I like that
Looking for something a little NSFW without being too explicit? We got you!
Related Reading: 21 Common Sexting Codes And Meanings
- You need kissing badly. That’s what’s wrong with you. You should be kissed, and often. And by someone who knows how
Gone With The Wind knew what was up! Keeping your intentions clear while taking charge – who wouldn’t love that?
- Are you from Tennessee? Because you’re the only ten I see!
This is a personal favorite because honestly, how can you go wrong with this? One of the funny texts to get her attention, go and use it as a pickup line. I know I’d text back.
- If you were a song, you’d be the hottest single on Spotify
Looking for flirty but funny things to say to a girl to get her attention? This cheesy line tops the list.
Related Reading: Can You Fall In Love With Someone Online Without Meeting Them?
- I hope you don’t mind that I put down in words how wonderful life is while you’re in the world
I adore this Elton John lyric. Use this beautiful, flirty text message to get her attention and melt her heart.
- I don’t bite, you know…unless it’s called for
Sexy and to the point, this text answers your ‘what to say to a girl to get her attention over text’ concern.
- Is this seat taken or do you mind if I Slytherin?
If you and your girl are Potterheads, this will be greatly appreciated by both of you. Definitely ranks high on the list of funny texts to get her attention.
- I wanted to send you something that would make you smile, but the mailman told me to get out of the mailbox!
Adorable. Whether you fit into her mailbox or not, you’ll surely make her smile with this one.
Related Reading: 18 Simple Tricks To Get A Girl’s Attention
- Your body has 65% water, and guess what? I am very thirsty at the moment
Science jokes! They might not be accurate at times but they can be used to create funny texts to get her attention.
- You are under arrest for being too cute. Your punishment is to be silent and if not followed, you will be silenced with kisses
Honestly one of the best attention-grabbing texts for her that I’ve ever seen. If you’re looking for something suggestive, use this and watch the sparks fly!
- I had a dream about you last night
Simple and classy, this message to get her attention online will not fail you. Watch how the conversation flows after this.
Random texts to get her attention
Sometimes, flirty or cutesy conversation starters don’t really do the trick. In those situations, thinking outside the box will help you a lot. Read on for some random texts to get her attention and to make her text you back.
- *Inserts meme*
Memes are the easiest way to initiate and/or continue conversations, especially if you know what the other person is like. If you ever feel like your conversation is in a lull, liven it up with a meme and trust me, you will have no regrets.
- What are you not doing right now that you wish you were?
Showing that you’re interested in her day-to-day activities will make her feel happy and cherished and want to open up about her life.
- Alright, here’s an important question. What’s your favorite movie, and why is it your favorite?
Take this down a funny route or fall into a healthy debate on which film is better in terms of direction. This is one of the simplest ways to get her attention and make her text you back!
- Her: I’ve been looking for a new opportunity, so I’m between jobs at the moment
You: Ah, I’ve got so many jokes about unemployed people. Unfortunately, none of them work
Welcome to Gen Z where dark humor is casual and ‘attacking’ people on their life decisions is so very normal. If you have a fun rapport with the girl you’re talking to, resorting to dark humor is a fun way to get her attention.
Related Reading: How The Future Of Relationships And Dating Is Expected To Change In The Next 10 Years
- What do you plan to do once you’re done with college? What’s your ‘dream career’?
Not a funny text to get her attention, no. But showing that you’re interested in her career and her future is something that will stick at the back of her mind and make her want to talk to you more.
- It’s totally your fault I’m watching Rick and Morty right now. You’re a horrible influence
Playful chats and developing mutual attractions and interests are surefire ways to make her feel good about your presence in her life.
- Some mornings I wake up, go downstairs to make myself some breakfast, and I think about how I don’t miss my ex, but I really miss the fancy coffee grinder they had at their apartment
Usually talking about missing your ex doesn’t quite qualify under ‘what to say to a girl to get her attention over text’ but if it’s framed in such a way, can you really resist?
- I want to be the reason you look at your phone, smile, and then walk into a pole
Confident and playful. Who wouldn’t fall for this?
Related Reading: Signs Of Love At First Sight
- Hey! What’s the name of that band you were talking about last week?
Or a restaurant or a movie or a book. At the end of the day, if she sees that you actively take her suggestions into consideration, she will invariably want to text you back, thus making this one of the best lines to get her attention.
- Talking to you is the favorite part of my day
Send her this and tell her how much she means to you.
- Would you rather go on your dream vacation for only two days or have a week off at home?
When you are looking for random texts to get her attention, this one is certainly bound to make her think before replying to you.
- Would you rather explore Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory or Jurassic Park?
This can definitely be a funny text to get her attention because the answer to this can never be boring!
- Do you think Jack could have really fit upon the door at the end of Titanic?
It has been 25 years and YES, JACK COULD HAVE FIT ON TOP OF THE DOOR!
Related Reading: 20 Heart Touching Love Dialogues In English Movies
- I just want to let you know right now that I sleep with my socks on. I know it’s a deal breaker for a lot of people
Whether this is true or not, it is hilarious. You are comically offering something personal right in the beginning. If she responds with “Really?”, you can say, “No, but you answered when you thought it was true, so I’d say we’re off to a good start.”
- I love you like I love my cake, like my last bite of pizza, and the money in my bank. God, I really love you so much!
That’s a lot of love, isn’t it?
- Let’s run away together
This is one of the best attention-grabbing texts for her because whatever the answer may be, you can play it by ear and use it to your advantage.
Related Reading: The Ultimate Bucket List For Couples – 71 Fun And Romantic Things To Do
- I have a confession to make. Are you ready?
Ooooh, the suspense! Do you honestly think she wouldn’t reply to this?
- I have an extra ticket to (name of the game/concert). Wanna go with me?
Definitely random but if your girl is a little bit impulsive and a little more enamored by you, know that she will take you up on this.
Funny things to say to a girl to get her attention
Ultimately, girls want someone with a great sense of humor. You can be hot, you can be popular, you can be the king/queen of the world but all of that fades away if you can’t make her laugh. Use one of these funny texts to get her attention, and let her know that there will never be a dull moment with you around.
Related Reading: What Is A Dry Sense Of Humor? Intelligence Vs Humor Vs Sarcasm
- I’m in the zoo covering my nephew’s eyes from mating elephants 😛
If this doesn’t make her laugh…well then, you’ll have your work cut out for yourself.
- Why are women like hurricanes? They come in all wet and fierce — then they leave with your house and car
Here is one of my favorite funny texts to get her attention. It does tread the line between NSFW and funny but if you deliver it right, you’ll fit right in with her humor.
- “This made me think of you, you weirdo.” *sends a crazy/funny Tik Tok video*
Sending videos and reels that remind you of your crush has become a love language in itself.
Related Reading: What Is Your Love Language Quiz
- Drinking wine out of a Hydro Flask bottle counts as drinking water, right?
If you know that the girl you’re talking to is a lover of wine, this is one of the funny texts to get her attention and to kickstart a conversation.
- I can’t talk right now. I’m deciding if I want to buy my baby niece a pair of tiny Air Force 1s
Which girl wouldn’t melt for someone who is so considerate of their baby niece? *makes heart eyes in the background*
- Told the barista to enjoy their coffee. Will be cringing about this all day
Definitely up there with calling your teacher ‘mom’. This is one of the funny texts to get her attention and make her realize that if you can laugh at yourself, she will never have a dull moment with you.
Related Reading: 50 Cute Things To Say To Your Girlfriend Every Day
- Love is like peeing your pants; everyone can see it, but only you can feel it. Thanks for being the pee in my pants
This is a line that could go either way in a conversation. Use only if you dare!
- The brain is the most impressive organ in our whole body. From the day you are born, it works 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, right up until you fall in love
Classic and timeless, this funny text to get her attention will never go out of style.
- I need some advice. There’s this girl I want to ask out, but I’m not sure how
And then use her suggestion to ask her out! This is quite popular, but it’s so sleek that it deserves an honorary mention.
Related Reading: 21 Romantic Texts To Prove To Your Girlfriend You Love Her
- How you doin’?
And if she replies with “I’m doing good baby, how you doin'”, know that no matter what, you’ve found the Rachel to your Joey.
- That’s it. I come home and find out you have been with the pool man. I want a breakup. WTF do we do about the cats? Fluffy’s mine
You have to be a little careful while using this funny text to get her attention because if she doesn’t appreciate a good practical joke, it’s you who is going to be in hot water.
- There are three types of people, those who can count and those who can’t
Goofy and funny, this random text to get her attention will definitely accomplish its goal and get her to text you back.
- So my friend wanted to know if you think I’m cute!
Using your friend for a pickup line? No regrets!
- In the era of online dating, having an arsenal of funny texts to get her attention is a must
- These flirty but funny text messages to get her attention online will definitely make her think about you and want to text you back
- If you choose one of these best attention-grabbing texts for her, be sure to have follow-up conversation topics on hand
So there you go. A list of 65 funny texts to get her attention and to make her text you back. Remember this, though. Sure, you can use these messages to get her attention for now but make sure you get to know her really well to not just succeed in one text exchange, but on your subsequent dates too!
Metaverse Dating: The New Disruptive Trend And 5 Apps To Get With It
50 Bumble Conversation Starters To Grab Your Match’s Attention
How To Flirt With Guys Over Text? 17 Tips & 51 Examples To Get It Right
43 Funny Tinder Questions Your Matches Will Love
7 Hacks To Find Out If Someone Has A Tinder Profile
30 Fun Texting Games For Couples
How To Make A Guy Regret Ghosting You – 21 Foolproof Ways
How To Find Out If Someone Is On A Dating Site?
69 Tinder Icebreakers That Are Sure To Yield A Response
How Does Bumble Work? A Comprehensive Guide
40 Best Opening Lines For Online Dating
100+ Long-Distance Texts To Melt BAE’s Heart
12 Best Farming Dating Sites For Farmers To Find Love
13 Sure-Shot Signs Someone Is Lying To You Over Text
How To Respond To Pick-Up Lines On Tinder – 11 Tips
10 Online Dating Red Flags That Should Not Be Ignored
BlackPeopleMeet – Everything You Should Know
Upward Dating App Reviews (2022)
Can You Fall In Love With Someone Online Without Meeting Them?
13 Best Christian Dating Sites Updated For 2022