In the olden days, men would notice a beautiful woman at a horse race or a ball, and at that very moment, they would know that she was the woman they wanted to be with for the rest of their lives. Takes you right back to the first season of Bridgerton. Back then, the art of wooing was very different from what it is today. With social media and women stepping into the foray of unabashedly making their moves on men (as they should be able to), things are becoming more and more exciting. Back then, women didn’t need to search for a list of 9 texts to get him chasing you. But now, it is quite a skill to have.
A batting of her eyelashes, a stolen look, or a shy laugh was all that was needed to make the man swoon over a woman and spend sleepless nights over the thought of pursuing her. But times have changed and so have men. True love is a concept few believe in and fewer understand. In fact, times have changed so much that a lot of flirting and wooing now happens in the online sphere.
The world now runs on complicated abbreviations and emojis. Modes of communication have shifted from long confessions of love to “Wanna chill for a bit tonight?” When the whole world is your oyster, getting that one shark to dedicate his attention to you can be a task. It’s a good thing we’ve got you covered. We have conjured a foolproof list of texts to make him miss you and lose sleep over you, here and now, in the 21st century.
Can I Get Him Chasing Me Over Text?
Before we reveal our secret tricks to you, it is important to understand the amount of power a text holds. From high-profile networking to world-changing decisions, everything happens over text these days. Texting is an art that needs to be mastered, and not something you can run away from. What you say (or in this case, type) carries so much meaning and since the person cannot see you physically, a text can be open to multiple interpretations. And that’s why it becomes imperative to understand what do guys like when you text them.
When Katy Perry said, “You’re hot then you’re cold,” she was talking about the texting game. Showing that you are interested and then leaving them on ‘seen’ for days can make a man wonder what you want. And men do not like to be left wondering and confused.
There are many ways to make a man run after you. Even if they are avoidant personalities, there are ways to get them to chase you. Texting is the one method that can yield optimal results with the least amount of effort. With the right words to text a guy to make him want you, you can get him long for you as if you are the last drop of water after Armageddon.
For that, it’s vital that you come across as authentic, smart, and humorous. You have to get his attention using a combination of words that hit the right note. Reveal enough to intrigue him, but leave him wanting more. Now before you turn into Megamind in your pursuit of a man, do go through our list of 9 texts to get him chasing you.
Related Reading: 8 Differences Between Dating And Being In A Relationship
What Texts Do Guys Like To Receive?
Before we jump right into the 9 texts to get him chasing you, it will be helpful to look into what kind of texts resonate with guys. The thing with texting is that if it gets too dry, it can turn boring a little too quickly. So while we are going to focus on how not to be a dry texter, we will also look into what do guys like when you text them.
Keeping someone interested and reeling them in is an art. Just like women, men also like to feel wanted and desired by their partners and romantic interest. But that does not mean you open a conversation with “Hey, why don’t you come over tonight?” We’ll get to that part in a bit. But first, you need to focus on laying the foundation. And that can be done by sending flirty texts to make him laugh, or even using some teasing text examples to keep him hooked. You want him to know that you’re interested but also keep the mystery alive so he comes back, asking for more.
Related Reading: How To Not Be A Dry Texter – 15 Tips To Avoid Being Boring
Guys, typically, don’t appreciate clingy texts such as “Why haven’t you texted me back in 2 hours?” or “Where have you been?”. You need to keep it subtle, sharp but oh-so-interesting. And that may seem a little challenging at the moment but with these 9 texts to get him chasing you, it won’t anymore.
9 Texts To Get Him Chasing You
How to make him chase you through text? Well, first things first, you need to be sure of your intentions and those of the other person. It is not a magic wand that will work on any random person. You need to be sure that he is interested in you. If it’s a one-sided love interest and he has made it clear that he has absolutely no romantic inclination toward you, please don’t text him or barrage him with your attention; it amounts to harassment and won’t help anyone.
However, if you are sure that your crush is also interested in you, but just needs a little motivation to act on his feelings, go ahead and deploy the arsenal of texts we are about to equip you with. Here is a list of 9 texts to get him chasing you:
Playful Text Messages
These kinds of text messages are all about having fun and a good time. Nothing too serious. With these messages, you’re just showing them that you’re interested and keeping them smiling away incessantly on the other side of the screen.
1. Write a flirty text to make him chase you
Flirting (especially flirting online) is such an underrated talent and one that genuinely needs a little more recognition. Being flirty is a fine skill and those who have mastered it have the entire world in their palms (at least the single part of the world). A good flirt is a mixed bag of wit, humor, and a dash of cheese but do remember, that while melting cheese might look good, no one likes too much of it.
The goal here is to make him want you more through text. For that, you must keep your conversations playful while also making him curious about yourself. You could wait for him to make the first move or just pull out a list of flirty texts to get him chasing you.
You’re well aware that being a little too forthright with a man can easily backfire. Men, for whatever reason, enjoy the chase. A man may not be interested in a woman who appears too approachable or available to him, or worse, is hell-bent on impressing him. They regard her as ‘easy’; while it doesn’t make much sense, it is the reality.
Men are more intrigued by women they must pursue for a long time before beginning a relationship. It’s just how they are wired. Keeping all of this in mind, we have compiled some fine examples of flirty texts to get him chasing you:
- Make sure you put me on your “to-do” list today (add winking face emoji)
- Do you wanna know the first two things that come to mind when I think of you? (wait for him to reply, then leave him wondering)
- The thing that makes me smile most about you is…(leave on a cliffhanger)
- Do you have any idea what it is about you that turns me on the most?
- What three wishes would you ask the genie if I were a magical lamp and you rubbed me? (Again, insert winking face emoji)
2. Show him your humorous side
Flirty texts to get him chasing you not your thing? No worries. Here is another approach: use flirty texts to make him laugh. If you want to get a man to chase you through text, don’t just send him texts that make him want you because you’re beautiful and enticing. No. Make him chuckle, too. So that he knows you’re more than just a pretty face. He’ll see you as warm, witty, and loads of fun!
Humor is a strong weapon that can make any man fall in love with you and pursue you. So go ahead and share those memes you’ve saved on your phone. Send him an image of a clumsy or funny cartoon figure, along with the text, “It made me think of you.” It’ll make him laugh for sure. Here are some other funny texts to make him miss you and your sense of humor:
- I wanted to send you something that would make you smile, but the mailman told me to get out of the mailbox!
- I’m an unemployed girl with a certificate in cuddling, a diploma in caring and a degree in kissing. Do you have a job for me?
- Your body is 65% water and guess what? I am very thirsty at the moment.
- I can’t decide what I want more, food or you? Food… No, you. Maybe, food on you…
- I am not a photographer, but I can still picture you and me together…in my bed
Messages To Keep Him Interested
Now that we’re done with understanding how to start a playful conversation, let’s look at how to make him chase you through text, which basically entails messages you can send him to make him interested in you. Having fun is a great way to build camaraderie, but it’s always helpful to show him a deeper side and incite him to tap into it. Here are a few ways to get him interested in talking to you more.
3. Ask him questions and advice
Looking for the best text messages to make him obsess over you examples? Hmmm…you may want to work with the ones seeking his advice. Guys enjoy playing the role of a protector. So let him be there for you whenever you need him. We all believe we are capable of doing things on our own, and we are, but does that mean that we always have to? So even if you are a totally independent woman, you could consider asking for his help sometimes if you want to make a guy interested in you.
Ask him for his ideas and suggestions, and if you need assistance, don’t be afraid to ask. But after that, don’t let him know if you followed his advice. Be the damsel, but don’t give him the immediate satisfaction of being your knight. Let him be curious and he will come chasing you to find out if you put his advice to work or not. However, only send these messages when you actually need help. It would backfire if you don’t need any advice and are randomly texting him. It could be something as simple as helping you choose what to make for dinner. Here are some examples of texts you can send to ask him for advice:
- I’m confused about something….can you help?
- There’s something bothering me, but I don’t know who to ask for help… (hopefully, he’ll take the hint and offer a hand)
- You’re one of the smartest guys I know…can you help me with this?
- If I asked you for something, would you give it to me?
4. Cliffhanger messages — Clever texts to send to a guy
Here’s something men love more than a good chase – a mystery. When he feels he is not fully sure about where the conversation is going and what kind of a person you are, he would desperately want to regain control and solve the mystery that you are. So, why not give him a hot and sexy mystery to delve into with the promise of a reward once he solves it? This is sure to keep him interested and coming back to you.
Open-ended messages or cliffhangers will keep him on his toes. Out of all the 9 texts to get him chasing you, this is the most interesting because it will be exciting for you both. Make him want you more through text messages that baffle him yet keep him intrigued. These are also some of the best examples of text messages to make him obsess over you.
- I had a vivid dream about you last night…
- Next time you come over, I have a surprise for you…
- I want to play a game with you…
- I have a secret that I can tell you only in person…
Sweet Messages For Him
Once the fish is in the net, it’s time to try and keep it there. And that is something you can do by sending him super sweet messages! Now that we’ve gone over all the clever texts to send to a guy, it’s time to get super sweet and adorable with him. With these text messages, you can do just that.
5. Make him miss you
Is he not showing you the love you deserve? Unfortunately, men are not the best communicators. So you will have to do the work here. Do you think you haven’t started living in his mind rent-free yet? It’s time to change all that by sending texts to make him miss you. By the time you are done sending these texts, he’ll be left thinking about you every waking moment, and maybe, if you play it right, you could conquer his dreams too.
Gentle reminders of that one date you went on or the time you spent watching the Before Sunrise series and then talking about love, are enough to make him miss you. Here is a list of texts which can help:
- I just heard our favorite song…
- Remember that cocktail we had at that Irish pub? I just made one that tasted exactly like it!
- Do you remember the time we…
- I just thought about us in a very naughty scenario…
- I’m wearing this sexy dress but I have nowhere to go…
6. Be your cutest self
Sometimes, the best way to make him want you more through text is to show your emotions. Let him know that you also think about him and are as invested in this relationship as he is. Once he has the assurance that this isn’t a one-sided relationship, he will surely come chasing you. Here are some cute messages which can speed up the process:
Related Reading: 17 Unwritten Rules Of Dating We All Should Follow
- Your thoughts are making me blush…
- Being in your arms is one of my favorite places in the whole world
- You are a really GOOD kisser!
- Waking up next to you makes my mornings so much better
- Watching you fall asleep gives me a comfort that is so hard to describe
- Sometimes I just can’t get enough of you…sigh
Seductive Texts To Turn Up The Heat
Now that we’ve kept covered flirty, mysterious, and cute, it’s time to show this guy what you’re really made of. At this point, it’s important that your hot and sexy side starts to reveal itself. So use these teasing text examples as much as you can and turn up the heat!
7. Text him at night
Have you ever wondered why we have more topics for deep conversations at night as compared to any other time of the day? It is because we are at our most vulnerable during that time. Sounds like a good opportunity to let a guy know you want him. Late-night text messages can really drive him crazy and if you wonder what text will make him chase you, we have the perfect list right here of some teasing text examples:
- I can’t stop tossing and turning when you are not here…
- I will be dreaming about you tonight
- Dream a little dream of me, baby
- I go to bed thinking of you and in the morning, you’re still on my mind
- The bed feels so cold without you…
8. Catch him off guard — Flirty texts to make him chase you
If you really want this list of 9 texts to get him chasing you to work, text him at an unexpected time. Maybe while he is at work or maybe when he is at the gym. So here’s a list of texts you can use to get him chasing you :
- I know work is stressful, but I promise to make it better later…
- I have plans for us tonight after work…
- Meet for happy hour?
- I have a surprise for you tonight…
- How about if we play hooky tomorrow?
- I’m planning on seducing you…just FYI
9. Sexy messages to make him chase you
Out of the 9 texts to get him chasing you, this is the most fun one! Have you been going out for a while, but things aren’t moving ahead? Well, it’s time you let him know you mean business. Amongst the 9 text messages to make him chase you, these are the ones that will be served on a platter with a sizzling side of naughty.
The beauty of texting is that you can tease him without revealing too much of anything, ensuring that you will be the only person on his mind all day. A good sexy conversation can lead him to make a bold move. But beware, use these texts only when you’re sure that both of you have reached a stage in your relationship where you can trust each other and feel comfortable enough to get experimental. And trust us, this is the foolproof list of text messages to make him obsess over you.
- I went shopping today for new lingerie. How about a front-row seat to a fashion show?
- Imagine me whispering in your ear just how much I want you
- Do you know what I dreamt about last night? Well, it involved some chocolate body paint…
- I woke up with a smile…do you want to guess what I was dreaming about?
- I can think of one way to make my day, or rather night, better…
- I just took a cold shower cause I was thinking about how hot you are…
- Texting is an art, and to master it you need to know how to be seductive, sweet and also mysterious
- Don’t cling onto him too much and try to get him to chase you by playing a little hard to get
- With your text messages, show him that you are interested by try to keep him curious and wondering
Now that you have the perfect examples to get a man to chase you through text, deploy these and make the man in your life want you more than anything else in the world. But remember, these text messages are not a magic potion and will only work if the other person is actually interested in you. So be careful and be smart!