Have you decided to move beyond hugs and kisses? Is sex on your mind finally? If your answer is a big confident ‘yes’ then you are set to move away from virgin territory to lust land where equation with your body is most likely to change.
Losing your virginity is a big thing. Most of us have a certain idea of how our first time is going to be. Whether it happens as planned or not, it will still be etched in the memory forever. And then there are so many doubts and myths. There is whole list of questions that will pop inside your mind on after effects of losing virginity. The stereotypical perception that the first time is painful can now be put aside. Interestingly, a study following 6,000 young adults by the Journal of Sex Research found that more women today are enjoying their first shot at sexual intercourse than ever before.
Once you have encountered your first ever sexual act your body will undergo few changes. These changes may not be earth shattering but those that will leave you with a sweet nibbling pain. It may also be added here that different people experience different changes after having sex for the first time, and the changes given below are just to give you an idea. When it comes to sex, there is no one size that fits all.
Physical changes in the body after losing your virginity
Now that you have become sexually active there are sensations you will start experiencing. Here are some of them:
- Be ready to see your breasts turn firmer and even bigger: Post sexual intercourse your breast size might shoot up to 25 % or more depending upon the arousal levels. You might have to buy a bra slightly bigger than your normal size too. Who does not like bigger, firmer and tighter breasts? So enjoy being laid and relish the after-effects of losing virginity
- Nipples all of sudden become over sensitive: Your nipples are your biggest asset and they are also one of the erogenous zones of the body. After a sexual encounter, nipples tend to get tingly and sore which sort of increases the sensitivity. A slight touch, an erotic dream and you would see them respond tight
- Your vaginal region becomes flexible: The vaginal walls as well clitoris due to less activity around it ends up being uptight. After sexual activity, your vaginal walls expand and even your clitoris enlarges. This ensures that the intercourse is less painful and women enjoy sex with pleasure. Once you lose your virginity the vagina ends up becoming elastic and clitoris respond well to sexual advances
- You may bleed: Though not all women will bleed, but the ones whose hymen is intact could experience some light bleeding. This happens due to the tearing of the hymen. This does not hold true for many women as hymen could have stretched before penetration too
- Your periods may be delayed: If you have had unprotected sex, and you also experience symptoms such as nausea, and headaches, get yourself tested for pregnancy. Any delay in periods can be a cause of concern, so be safe than sorry and use protection
Emotional changes after having sex for the first time
The first time being a special one does affect a woman emotionally. As your body undergoes some changes, you may notice yourself changing on the emotional front as well. Some common pointers are-
- You will be more affectionate: No matter how long you have been dating or have been married, after the first time sex you will feel yourself more drawn to your partner. Your affection will multiply, and you may become more caring and loving
- You will feel happy: Be prepared to enjoy an emotional joyride after your first sexual act. Blame it on a good orgasm that releases the hormone that makes you happy – oxytocin. If you have had a full-on engrossed sex with your partner, you will end up feeling happy, content and cloud nine
- Confidence rules: Not just oxytocin, your body also releases dopamine that boosts self-confidence as well as encourages good social behaviour. Even testosterone is released after sex that helps you to speak up for yourself in other spheres of life
- Excited and nervous at the same time: Sometimes, sex makes one feel guilty too – was it right? Is he the one? What if he was just having fun? These questions play with every woman’s mind. And of course, there is anticipation and excitement about the next time
These happy and confidence boosting hormones will make you more cheerful and happy than you have ever been. Enjoy the blissful state of mind and look forward to being sexually active
How do periods get affected after having sex for the first time?
While sex can be fun and enjoyable, an unplanned pregnancy can be a real spoilsport. The biggest question that everyone asks is will my period delay or my cycle change after losing my virginity. The answer may not be same for everyone.
- During sex, your hormones get active and can delay your periods temporarily. The delay would not be much but if the time extends a bit more than it is best to get a pregnancy test done to be certain
- Another reason for the delay is the constant stress and fear that most women have after having sex for the first time. Many fear that the protection was not in place and thus fear of becoming pregnant. It is best to relax and not get worked up with first delayed periods.
So lay your fears to rest and have a great first-time!
- It is best to have your first intercourse with protection. This way you ensure that it’s safe and that you don’t conceive first time itself. Insist on doing it with proper condom and lubrication to experience the joy of lust and love
Remember sex is going to be a different ride every time. Each session will help you learn more about it and how well you can ride on your man. Instead of being stubborn, let loose and enjoy the ride that climaxes to perfection.