Do you often wonder how to make my husband fall in love with me again? Picture this: After promising to accompany you to your work party, where you were going to be awarded for your performance last quarter, your husband doesn’t show up. You end up attending the party alone. And when you express how dejected that made you feel, he shrugs it off as if your hurt and disappointment didn’t even matter. If you can relate to this, you should seriously think about how to make your husband fall in love with you again.
You see, when distance begins to grow between a couple, there is enough space for love to dissipate. Your husband might turn into a stranger, making you wonder how to make him fall in love with you again. Date nights, gifts, and compliments may all disappear from your equation. Fret not, as we’ve got you covered if the thought of how to get your husband love and care bothers you a lot. So, instead of wondering, “How to get my husband to love me again,” read on to find out what to do when your husband doesn’t love you…
Where Has Love Disappeared From Your Marriage?
Table of Contents
Often with the passage of time and certain events, the intensity and passion that you both felt for each other in a marriage diminish to a great extent. You may even feel that your husband has lost interest in you sexually. So, you may find yourself searching for an answer to “how to get my husband to love me again”. To find the answer, you need to look inward and introspect a little.
Once you’ve figured out the root cause behind this alienation, try to figure out what you can do differently so that you don’t have to google how to make your husband fall in love with you again. There are many reasons why you might be functioning like robots in your marriage and living like roommates. Some such reasons behind the disappearance of love from your marriage are:
- Being too caught up: You both might have gotten preoccupied with your careers or family commitments, which may have driven you apart
- Children take the center stage: Children might have become a top priority in your life, putting your relationship second
- Chasing financial goals: You both might have shifted your attention to financial goals to make your family life secure
- Lack of communication: The communication gap between the two of you might have widened because of work or family obligations. In the absence of healthy communication, misunderstandings, fights, and arguments begin to fester in a relationship
- No quality time: You aren’t making time for each other
- Thoughtfulness is missing: Little romantic gestures or acts of appreciation, such as making a cup of tea for your partner, holding hands, or taking your partner out for dinner, could be missing from your married life. This is enough to make you feel unloved, unappreciated, and anxious about your husband having fallen out of love
- Unmet expectations: Your expectations from your married life are not being met. Every dashed expectation brings in unpleasant emotions, making it harder for you to feel loved by your partner
- Lack of novelty: You’ve become so familiar with each other that there is nothing new or exciting left to explore. When this happens, couples can easily slip from comfort to complacency in the relationship
Related Reading: 20 Easy Yet Effective Ways To Make Your Husband Happy
21 Ways To Make Your Husband Fall In Love With You Again
Do you feel your relationship with your husband is dragging on without excitement and thrill? Do you also often wonder how to get your husband love and care? In case you’re wondering what to do when your husband falls out of love with you, let us give you some tried and tested tips.
My friend Caroline, a stay-at-home mother of two, was devastated when she learned of her husband’s affair with a coworker. Angry and betrayed, she left her house. It was during this trial separation that her feelings began to shift. From wanting to end her marriage, she began to wonder if there was a way to salvage the relationship. Over a year, Caroline and her husband were miraculously able to get back together.
Related Reading: 18 Sure-Shot Signs An Aquarius Man Is In Love
If like Caroline, you, too, have been wondering how to make your husband fall in love with you again after he cheated or lied or simply checked out emotionally, we’ve got your back. There are numerous ways to bring back the excitement and add spice to your mundane married life. Here are 20 ways to get your husband’s attention and make him fall in love with you again:
1. Dress to make an impact on your husband
After getting married, you might have altered your wardrobe to prioritize comfort over style and sexual appeal. This is a completely normal phenomenon. However, it won’t hurt to bring back a little glamor to your wardrobe to create a lasting impression on your husband’s mind.
So, here’s what you can do:
- Change your wardrobe to include some sexy attire
- Keep experimenting with your hairstyle and ask for your husband’s suggestions
- Invest in a good self-grooming kit
- Buy some make-up accessories
- At times, buy clothes and accessories only to make a style statement
This way, he will feel important and will know you are making an effort to look good for him. He will appreciate that by loving you back. He might even dress up for you to show you how much he cares. This is one way of making him fall in love with you all over again.
2. Surprise him with dates and mini-vacations
If you spend a lot of time thinking, “I don’t know how to make my husband fall in love with me again”, we’ve got a simple fix for you: try bringing back the excitement in your relationship. Make him rediscover you in a new light, away from family obligations. This is a great way to make your husband fall in love with you again. Here are some additional tips on how to attract your husband:
- Opt for long drives and discover quaint new places together
- Leave the kids behind if you can and ask friends around for suggestions to go to new places
- Try a weekend trip or a short staycation to an exotic resort
- Buy him a nice car stereo or a Bluetooth speaker. Put on your playlist and enjoy the long drive
The ways to make your husband fall back in love with you don’t have to be complex or larger-than-life. Small but thoughtful and positive changes to your routine can do the trick.
Related Reading: 20 Ways To Make Your Husband Miss You During Separation
3. Try to be adventurous in bed
Whether you’re wondering how to make your husband want you every day or how to make your husband miss you when you’re not around, working on sexual intimacy in your relationship is key. Well, take a moment to reflect on your sex life. Ask these questions:
- How often do you have sex?
- Do you reject his advances more often than you’re receptive to them?
- When was the last time YOU initiated action in bed or any physical affection, such as kissing or holding hands, for that matter?
The answers to these questions will also tell you how to make your husband fall in love with you again. If you’re asking yourself how to attract your husband and make him fall for you again, try these tips to fix your bond in bed and improve your sex life:
- Do not refuse the advances your husband makes for irrational reasons
- Initiate physical affection and intimacy as and when possible
- Try to be adventurous in bed and be open to new experiences. Read up on new positions, on his erogenous zones, and ask him what turns him on. He will be elated
- You can try sex toys too if he is open to the idea.
- Do indulge in self-care and make sure you look and smell good in bed
4. Express gratitude for what he does for you
You may have become habituated to the valuable things that your husband does, especially for you, and may have taken them for granted. The answer to how to make your husband fall in love with you again may lie in breaking this pattern. Make it a point to let him know that you notice these things. Here’s what you can do:
- Thank him with a beautiful hand-written note
- Cook up his favorite meal
- Leave a “Thinking of You” card in his bag
- Send flowers to his office with a “Thank You” note when he does something heartwarming or adorable for you
The little actions of gratitude will improve your bond with your husband. This is a great way to make your partner love you again. You can thank him even for all the little things that he does, like him getting you a glass of water when you return home from work or restocking the medicine cabinet for you. This goes a long way in showing your husband that you appreciate everything he does for you.
5. Keep the flirtatious relationship alive
Flirting with your spouse can be a lot of fun and may also hold the answer to how to make your husband love you madly. When you channel your fun, playful side, he would fall head-over-heels in love with you again and the chemistry between you two would just sizzle. This is also how to make your husband miss you, in case he’s at work or away in some other city. So, try these tips:
- Send your husband a playful text to make his imagination run wild
- Make casual physical contact or touch him in a suggestive and affectionate way
- As you step into the shower, send him a steamy picture of yourself to reignite the spark of passion
6. Pursue a hobby that interests him
So, you keep thinking, “I wish I knew how to get my husband to love me again.” To figure that out, you have to be mindful of the fact that your husband’s personality and the nature of the love you share are bound to change and evolve. To sustain love in a marriage, it’s important that you grow and evolve together.
Related Reading: 15 Signs He Enjoys Making Love To You
To evolve, consider taking up any activity or hobby that your husband really loves that can be pursued by you too. If he has joined a club, go ahead and join it too. This can really help bridge the gap if you’ve been wondering how to attract your husband when the love in the relationship is fading. Here’s how:
- You can give him company and spend more time together with him
- It will rekindle the spark which has died down in your marriage
- It will make him happy, as taking an active interest in his hobbies is a way of showing how much you love him
- When he sees how invested you are in him and this relationship, he too might want to take an interest in your passions and hobbies
- You will end up learning a new skill, thus evolving as a person
7. Encourage him to go out with his friends
The “how to make my husband fall back in love” puzzle can seem unsolvable but you’d be surprised to learn that the first step in that direction can be as simple as asking him to go out with his friends. Try it and see the difference. By doing this, you show your husband that you respect his space and privacy. A wife who is able to do that is surely going to be loved and respected by her husband.
So, let your husband throw a party at your house and invite his close friends. He will appreciate it. Trust us, sometimes, the answer to how to make your husband want you all the time could be: give him some time and space. Sounds ironic, we know, but it works like a charm. Here’s how it helps:
- It shows how much you value the things that matter to him. This is bound to melt his heart and make him want to go above and beyond to make you feel special
- It shows you’re not being a controlling woman
- It reflects that you’re encouraging personal space in the relationship
8. Try to resolve issues by communicating with each other
Are you someone who is always found saying, “I just want my husband to love me”? And you keep saying this to yourself, to your friends, and heck, even to Google. You keep wondering how to make your husband love you madly. But have you said this to him in as many words? If not, then you know exactly what to do when your husband falls out of love with you: talk, open up, communicate, and share.
Figuring out how to get your husband’s love and care could entail practicing vulnerability instead of shutting down and burning with anger. Work toward resolving any married life issues by communicating with each other. Work toward being each other’s safe space. Communication is the key to a healthy relationship and you can also involve your husband in doing some communication exercises that you would enjoy together. Try these tips on how to make your husband fall in love with you again:
- Whenever some issue crops up, make it a point to sit down and solve it together immediately
- When resolving conflict, focus on the issue at hand rather than trying to prove that you’re right
- Don’t look for ways to place the blame on your spouse
- Maintain mutual respect while arguing, without derogatory language or name-calling
This way, your maturity in handling married life problems will truly impress him. And he will fall in love with you all over again.
Related Reading: 10 Unexpected Signs A Man Is Falling In Love With You
9. Reach out to him whenever there is a problem
By marrying each other, you both have promised to spend your whole life together and share the good, the bad, and the ugly with each other. Communicating and sharing every little thing, including your troubles, with your husband keeps the love alive. This is perhaps a great solution to the ‘how to make him fall in love with you again’ issue.
When you stop leaning on each other in times of need, the distance between you two may widen enough to make space for a third person to come in. Before you know it, you may find yourself looking for ways to win your husband back from an affair.
10. Avoid being critical
Do you often find yourself complaining, “My husband does not respect me or love me” or “I just want my husband to love me”? Well, try to understand what is wrong with him and avoid being critical about the mistakes. If you’ve been constantly wondering how to make your husband want you every day, well, try practicing forgiveness in your relationship. This small shift in attitude can make your marriage successful again.
11. Learn to accommodate differences
Do you keep wondering what to do when your husband falls out of love with you or how to make him fall in love with you again? Let go of your differences, learn not to sweat the small stuff, and agree to disagree when necessary. If you and your husband have drifted apart to a point where you feel unloved, there are bound to be lingering, unresolved issues in your marriage.
To get past them and nagging concerns such as, “Does my husband love me?”, you need to commit to adopting healthy conflict resolution strategies and then start afresh with a clean slate. Here’s what you can do:
- Accept that your husband and you are two people with completely different personalities who have come together to spend your life together
- Instead of fighting over such differences, you both need to accommodate them. Readjust yourself according to his reasonable wishes and needs
- Fighting is fine, but what matters is how you reconnect after a fight
So, the answer to your conundrum of “how to get my husband to love me again” lies in being more accommodating and accepting of who he is.
Related Reading: Understanding, Identifying And Handling Marital Conflict
12. Accept the mistakes that you make and apologize
If your husband is losing interest in you romantically, then it is time you introspect and see whether you have done anything wrong. A friend, Lisa, often wondered “Does my husband love me?” after every small fight with him. What she didn’t do was say “sorry” or make up to him afterward. On my advice, she started apologizing whenever she was wrong. And that worked like magic. Her bond with her husband was back on track.
Mistakes in a relationship are inevitable. But you should not let these mistakes ruin your relationship. Instead, see where you are going wrong and try to make amends. Remember, there is no perfect time to apologize. It works whenever you’re ready. When he sees that you’re genuinely making an effort to become a better version of yourself, love will return to your marriage. Here are some tips to achieve that goal:
- Send him a heartfelt apology after a fight
- Own up to your mistake
- Makeup to your husband by planning a cozy, romantic dinner date
- Offer to talk things out calmly over a glass of wine at home
These are some of the simplest ways to make your husband fall back in love with you.
13. Gift him his favorite things
It is usually held that in a relationship, the husband is supposed to buy gifts for the wife. But this should not be the rule of the thumb in your relationship. You too can take the initiative to give gifts to your husband and let him know that you adore him. This will go a long way in showing that you care and in solving your “how to make my husband love me again” dilemma.
Here’s what you should remember:
- A gift may be small or big, extravagant or inexpensive
- You can pick up his favorite perfume, books, wine, or a DSLR
- Put in some thought and get him something he has wanted for a long time
- Instead of waiting for a special occasion, gift him something on a regular day
Related Reading: 30 Romantic Gifts For Him [Sentimental Gifts For Men] 2022
14. Learn to balance your professional and personal life
How to get my husband’s attention again, you wonder? Start by getting the work-life balance right. Don’t get so engrossed in your professional commitments that you forget to give time to your husband. While you wonder how to make your husband want you all the time, think about devoting more time to him.
- When was the last time you shut the laptop to listen if he had something important to discuss? When was the last time you engaged in active listening at all when he was around?
- When was the last time you caught up with him over lunch on a workday?
- When was the last time you prioritized snuggling up with him in bed over finishing that presentation?
- When did you last ask him if he was eating healthy food when at work?
All the little things like these may seem inconsequential, but they can, in fact, be the answer to what to do when your husband falls out of love with you. So, make it a habit to put him first, not always, but enough to let him know that he is valued and wanted.
15. Set healthy boundaries
Knowing when to stop and take a step back is essential in married life. So, the smart move on your part would be to set healthy boundaries that will promote a strong relationship. For instance, if your husband yells at you, instead of yelling back, you can walk out and talk to him after he has calmed down.
Setting emotional boundaries is very important, whether you’re trying to make your husband fall in love with you in an arranged marriage or revive lost love in a relationship. When fights get out of hand, love takes a beating. This happens when a couple fails to put in place healthy boundaries that honor the self-esteem of both partners. Drawing a line in the sand that neither partner is allowed to cross is how to fall back in love with your husband and make him fall in love with you.
Related Reading: What’s Life Like Before And After Marriage? It’s Hilarious
16. Always express your love through kind words or gestures
Words and small gestures of love have the power to sweep anyone off their feet. By expressing your love through words or gestures, you can ensure that your husband does not starve emotionally. This is also how to fall back in love with your husband.
So, when a coworker, Trisha, was being ignored by her husband, she reached out to me with the typical “how to make my husband love me again” query, to which, I said that perhaps she needed to be a little prominent with her gestures of love. Here’s what gestures of love toward your husband may look like:
- Let him know that he is perfect the way he is, using tender words of love
- Avoid hurting your husband with harsh words
- Use silence to your advantage instead of angry words, when angry
- Give him a quick compliment or say something like, “What would I have done without you?”
This becomes even more vital when you’re trying to win your husband back from the other woman because there is someone else he is measuring you up against. If you’ve decided to save your marriage after your husband’s infidelity, you need to make him see why you’re still the woman of his dreams and always will be. There’s no better way of doing that than by making him feel good, appreciated, and wanted. By doing so, you’d trigger his hero instinct, and once you succeed at that, you won’t have to worry about how to make your husband fall in love with you again after he cheated.
17. Avoid being too demanding
You must ensure that your expectations from the relationship are not unrealistic, in case you’re wondering how to make your husband love you again when he wants a divorce. Perhaps, the realization that your husband doesn’t love you the same way is turning you into a needy person. The more you cling to him in desperation, the further you may be pushing him away.
Remember, if you continue to be needy and demanding, you will not be able to regain his love. So, do this instead:
- Work on improving yourself and becoming the person he fell in love with, in the first place. Overcome any insecurity that you might be struggling with
- Avoid being demanding, nagging, and insecure
- Work on making your temperament congenial
This may require you to do some inner work and introspection to understand why you tend to get insecure and needy if your emotional needs are not met. Perhaps, there is an insecure attachment style at play here. But that’s not something you’d be able to figure out on your own. So, take that leap of faith and turn to a mental health professional for help, if you want. Getting to the root of your own issues can be one of the solutions to the “how to make my husband love me more” problem.
Related Reading: Being Married To An Emotionally Distant Spouse
18. Value his opinions
If you spend a lot of time wondering, “What can I do to get my husband to love and respect me again?”, know that love begets love and respect begets respect. Making him feel like he matters can be a good beginning. As and when possible, take the initiative of asking him about his opinion about the things you do. By doing this, you can show you respect him and value his suggestions. This is how to make your husband fall in love with you again.
Everyone likes to be valued, and so will your husband. Here are some examples of how to make your husband fall in love with you again by valuing his views:
- Take his opinion while making important career decisions
- Decide on the shade of your upholstery together
- Decide on the car you want to buy only after considering his suggestions
19. Compliment him in front of others
My elder sister, Jamie, would often spend hours reading up on “how to make my husband love me more”. But that only left her confused, and she eventually confided in me, stating how her husband had been neglecting her of late. I asked her to go ahead and compliment him on some traits she liked about him, and it worked.
When you make an effort to compliment him in front of others, it shows that you love him and accept him completely. You will help boost his confidence in himself and in the relationship. This is how to make your husband love you again when he wants a divorce or some space. Here are some points to remember:
- Criticizing him in front of others is a strict no-no
- Whatever issues or complaints you may have can be addressed privately.
- Your social media behavior can affect your relationship. So, avoid ranting or posting cryptic messages aimed at your husband. Airing your dirty laundry in public is harmful to the relationship and must be avoided
- Talk about all the good things he stands for in front of friends and family and he will love you madly for that
Related Reading: 50 Compliments For Men That Make Them Happy
20. Get to know his love language
Wondering how to make your husband want you all the time? At times, we may keep investing in gifts or even end up spending time with our partners, only to realize they may not be relating to our affectionate gestures. Here’s where you should know the importance of learning your husband’s love language, making sure you aren’t reading him completely wrong. This is how to make your husband fall in love with you again. Here are the 5 most prominent love languages, and what an individual values most differs from person to person:
- Words of affirmation
- Quality time
- Acts of service
21. Take the help of a counselor
A neutral, unbiased view of a trained professional can give you an invaluable and eye-opening perspective on the underlying causes of all your relationship problems. So, you can either approach a professional counselor on your own or convince your husband to accompany you to visit one.
Going into couple’s therapy can open up channels of communication, both with the self and each other, and help you discover what may have brought you to a point where one partner just doesn’t seem to care and the other is desperately looking for ways to reinstate the love. If you need help, Bonobology’s counseling service is just a click away. Therapy will also help you in case you’re wondering how to accept your husband doesn’t love you. Add to this some self-care activities, such as eating healthy food, and you’ll be amazed at the positivity it brings.
We hope you’ve found some tangible solutions on how to make your husband fall in love with you again. Come what may, your relationship with your husband can be fixed only if you’re up for it. With our tips on what to do when your husband doesn’t love you, you can save your relationship from ending disastrously. We are totally rooting for you to be successful!
In case you feel you’ve reached a dead end, take the help of counselors, who will help you learn how to accept your husband doesn’t love you. Don’t worry, it’s still not the end of the road for you. Be self-reliant and make connections with those who value you.
If your husband ignores you, fights with you often, takes no interest in the things you do, and is not interested in improving your sex life, you might be in a loveless marriage.
Love might exist, but it may need regular nurturing. He will be back in your life if you are willing to put in the effort.
Just follow our 20 tips and your husband will realize how much you love him. In fact, he is bound to love you back with all his heart. In our busy lives, we often forget the small gestures of love. So, focus on those and you are set.
How to make your husband fall in love with you again, you wonder? Dress up well, plan surprise dates, be experimental in bed, communicate with him more often, tell him to go out with his friends, accommodate differences, and appreciate him more often. You will get his attention again.