Skin care is often seen as self-care, but a shared skin care regimen can also be great for a couple. Practicing a face and hair care routine with your partner is not only healthy for your skin, but also for your relationship. After all, a big part of being healthy and happy is having good skin, and who better to share this with than your partner. Couple skin care, therefore, is an excellent activity to do together.
The best skin care regimens are split into morning and night routines, and is a good way to get started on your skin care journey. So bust out those toners, green tea serums and face cleansers. Save the body oils and face masks for a weekend spa day at home!
Couples Who Follow Beauty Regimes Together Stay Together
Summer is the most romantic time of the year, with couples planning and then going on romantic getaways. Whether it’s a trip to the mountains or on the beach lounging together, or a day spent in a spa with a couples’ massage, everything about summer is how to bring the romance back.
But a special spa day and vacation are not the only times to have beauty treatment together. You can have the special couple’s beauty regime at home too, every day by indulging and exploring couple skin care. The old mantra is ‘family that eats together stays together’. The new mantra is, ‘couples who do beauty regimes together, stay together’. Here are a few ideas on how to go about it.
Related Reading: 20 Beautiful Summer Date Ideas For Married Couples
Beauty regimen for the summer
1. Summer is aggressively nearing; all those sleeveless tops, minis and shorts will emerge very soon from the wardrobe. There you were roaming around happily, fully clothed with hairy legs and hairy arms; and suddenly, it’s time to for major hair removal from arms, legs and everywhere else (you know what we mean, with bikini season just around the corner).
Who has time and resistance to pain to go for waxing? The easy way out is just ‘borrow’ your husband’s razor and give it a whirl. In the bathroom, both of you shaving together while bitching about your respective bosses, that’s some camaraderie right there! He may want to give you a hand and then who knows where things will lead? This is certainly an unexpected way to reconnect with your spouse.
2. Oily skin is one of summer’s biggest banes. A great way to combat it is through a homemade remedy. Mix equal parts fuller’s earth and sandalwood powder. Put a squeeze of lemon and rose water to make it a paste. At the end of a hectic day, you can unwind by Netflixing with your partner with the paste on both of your faces. This is one of the best face regimens to combat your oily skin! Wait till it dries, then wash it off. Applying an oil-free night cream on each other’s faces would be the grand finale. After all, a little face massage is good for circulation, and some quality couple time!
3. Dandruff is another big problem for the season. One of the most effective home remedies is fenugreek or methi seeds paste. Soak a fistful of methi in water for 3 hours and then grind it to a paste. It is better to do it on a holiday or weekend. The application of the paste on scalp needs help. Both partners can apply the paste thoroughly on each other’s scalps. Relaxing head massage, anyone?
You need to wait about an hour. Since you can’t do anything with a head full of methi for an hour, you can use the time to do something fun, like a jigsaw puzzle together or just a chat. After an hour, washing each other’s scalp with a mild shampoo over the sink would be great for your hair and even greater for your relationship. Do some more research and figure out the best hair care regimen for you and your partner to indulge in.
Related Reading: 7 Easy Techniques To Ease Your Partner’s Pains and Aches
4. Summer makes your hair lifeless and your hands and feet dry and dirty. A hair spa every month and mani-pedi twice a month are advisable. Instead of usual restaurant trips on date nights, a trip together to the salon for a hair spa or mani-pedi would be something different. Sitting side by side with your partner on salon chairs, relaxing with a comfortable silence, the world will seem a little better.
Couple skincare and spa visits
5. You can take things up a notch by spending a whole day at the spa. Most of the spas provide healthy food and drinks along with an array of massages. Detoxing from inside out is essential in couple skin care. As a special romantic gesture for your partner, surprise them by booking a couple’s massage.
6. Apart from special treatments on special days, following a daily beauty regimen in the summer is essential. Partners should remind each other to apply sunblock and wear sunglasses before going out every time. Wearing SPF is the best face regimen as advised by beauty specialists and dermatologists, so do not forget that.
7. Hydration is essential for the skin and overall health in summer. Make some fruity drinks or mint and orange infused water together to carry around. A hot day can end beautifully with sipping a cool glass of Sangria. Who knew couple skin care could be so fun and refreshing?
8. If you are gymming together to make your body bikini-ready, then the sunblock and regular hydration can’t be forgotten under any circumstances. Truly, the best skin care routine is just simply keeping yourself hydrated. Drink enough water and you will see the difference.
So, there you have it. You can keep your skin care regime intact while livening up your love life this season. Figure out your couple skin care routine together, and have a happy summer!