Hey, let’s begin on a merry note today! Your dear, dear friends are about to set sail for a new life together and they want you to be a part of this happy occasion. Whether or not they are throwing a big party, it’s a sweet gesture to celebrate the couple’s relationship with a token of love and appreciation. Here comes the big question, what are the ideal engagement gifts for couples?
No no, don’t feel so lost already. We’ve got you covered. In this article, we have curated a catalog of 30 unique engagement gifts for couples. Feel free to explore and wishlist the items that go with your budget and preference.
Best Engagement Gifts For Couples – Recommended By An Expert
Getting engagement gifts for couples is your way to shower them with love and blessings. All of us love to get presents. But did you know that giving gifts is a language of love? Now you do. For some people, giving presents is an articulate expression of feelings. And that’s the reason we have curated this list of unusual engagement gifts for you to take a cue from.
To make sure you are well versed in this language to communicate your emotions, let’s understand it better from our expert Psychotherapist Jui Pimple (MA in Psychology), a trained Rational Emotive Behavior therapist and A Bach Remedy practitioner, who specializes in online counseling.
On being asked about the effect of gifts on a relationship, Jui says, “Any gift is a form of expressing love, care, and respect, denoting that the other person is special to you.”
Gifts offer an effective way to forge strong relationships. Jui adds, “Gifts are important, especially from the people who we are closest to. They tell us how well a loved one knows us, and how and what they think of us. They bring delight to our routine and busy schedules, reminding us how loved we are. Gifts have the power to bring in positive emotions in relationships.”
If someone close to you is getting engaged, presents and surprises are the perfect way to share in their happiness. Jui says, “The early phase of a relationship is loaded with excitement, the couple getting engaged has a lot to look forward to. Picking the right gifts for them is the perfect way to express how happy you are for them.”
Speak the gift-giving language of love with our list of engagement gifts and impress the newly hitched couple (or your partner if you are the one getting engaged). You are sure to find the best luxury engagement gifts, engagement gifts for women, and even personalized engagement gifts – all in one place.
Engagement Gifts For Couples: Our Top 30 Picks
You should consider a few things while choosing couples’ engagement gifts so that they remember you every time they look at or use your present. If you are close to only either the bride-to-be or the groom-to-be, your heart may be pushing you to get something keeping in mind his or her choices. But it’s always better to pick something gender-neutral that both of them can enjoy.
When it comes to gifts, price is just a number. A beautiful handwritten card or a rare edition of their favorite book would be just as thoughtful as a precious bracelet or pendant worth a few hundred dollars. Items with practical value also make for great engagement gifts. As they are going to set up a new home soon, every couple would appreciate decor pieces, appliances, cutlery, and crackpots.
Speaking of our top 30 gifts, did we tell you about personalized presents? Jui points out, “Personalized gifts as the name suggests, make you feel as if it is made just for you, which it really is. Who doesn’t like things which have their names, photos, or something that they are associated with?!” With all of these factors in mind, we have narrowed down 30 unique engagement gift ideas for couples out of hundreds of items:
Related Reading: 15 Custom-Made Personalized Couple Gifts
1. Beautiful wedding planner
As outsiders, we can’t possibly comprehend how intimidating it can be to plan a wedding. Dress, flowers, music, cake, caterer, venue – with so many moving parts to manage, the stress level is bound to peak. You can make the process easier for the couple with a beautiful floral wedding planner and organizer. A perfect last-minute engagement gift for couples that will make sure the bride reaches her dress trial appointment on time or doesn’t miss a meeting with the food vendor.
- Gold edition planner with an 18-months countdown calendar, pockets, note sections, and checklists
- 132 pages laden out with pointers, tips, and advice
- Product dimensions – 1.06 x 9.57 x 11.85 in
2. Luxury bath and body set
A lovely gift basket of bath and body products is beyond doubt one of the best engagement gifts you can get a couple. I mean think about it, they can spend such a relaxing time together with a refreshing spa day at home. So when the wedding shenanigans come to an end, the exhausted couple can rejuvenate with this set and perhaps even spend some quiet (read: romantic) time in the bathtub too?!
- Bath and body set includes shower gel, bubble bath, body lotion, bath salt, bath bomb, and a flower-shaped puff – all in a cute handmade basket
- Honey and almond fragrance that soothes the mind and calms the senses
- Free from parabens and other toxic chemicals, this set is cruelty-free too
- Infused with Shea butter and vitamin E to give you baby soft skin
Related Reading: 15 At-Home Date Night Ideas For Couples – Romantic Date Ideas
3. Wedding countdown calendar
If you are looking for cute engagement gifts for a friend, a wedding countdown calendar can easily make the top of the list. It’s the perfect gift that keeps the couple on their toes and escalates the excitement as the big day comes closer. With every passing day, you get to change the number, taking you closer to D-Day!
- Made of elegant, light grey, wooden blocks, with ‘### Days until Mr. and Mrs.’, engraved on it in white
- A versatile gift that can be used as a countdown keeper in multiple ways
- Blocks in a rustic finish with high contrasting lettering
4. Crystal champagne flutes set
Is the couple getting engaged champagne connoisseurs? Go with this set of 6 premium crystal glasses by Chouggo. Trust me, with every sip they take, they will admire the fine craftsmanship of these beauties.
- Crystal flutes designed with class and elegance
- Lead-free ultra clear crystal for that non-toxic shimmer and shine
- Perfectly shaped rims handblown by traditional artists
- Product capacity – 8 oz
5. Personalized wine bottles
Personalization is a way to turn common things into unique engagement gifts. So if you are planning to pick a bottle of rose wine, add a little twist. You can customize the label with a message or a fun catchphrase like “officially off the market” or “drunk on love” or put a picture of the happy couple. Pinterest is always a great place to look for inspiration.
- Set of 2 personalized water-proof and tear-proof labels for wine bottles
- Made with the finest quality glossy sticker using fade-resistant ink that doesn’t bleed when immersed in ice buckets
- The labels can feature a photo on the front along with a short message; on the back is another custom message
- Product dimensions – 4 x 5 in
Related Reading: 21 Wedding Gift Ideas For Couple Already Living Together | 2020
6. Gifts for engaged couples? Framed portrait painting
Continuing with our discussion of personal touch in engagement gifts for couples, a large portrait canvas of the love bugs is heartwarming. It will be a great present for someone you’re close to, like your sister or your best friend. Scroll down their social media feeds and find the picture that captures them at their rawest and most beautiful self. Now, you can hire a local artist for commission work. Or, if you are a wizard with brushes and colors, nothing like it.
- Personalized engagement gift that can add a personal touch to a home
- Full customization possible
- Product dimensions – 1.5 x 8 in
- Wrapped canvas printed in high-quality, fade-resistant ink by expert professionals
7. How about chocolates and cookies?
This cheerful day will be incomplete without some chocolaty delight. A gourmet chocolate-covered cookie gift box is ideal for a friend who has a big-time sweet tooth. We bring to you one of those classic last-minute engagement gifts for couples that you can never go wrong with. The newly engaged couple will certainly find this one irresistible.
- Assorted box of chocolates in different flavors
- Bite-sized chocolates filled with delectable fillings like raspberry puree, hazelnut praline, and butterscotch caramel
- It comes in classy ready-to-present packaging with a customized message and name
Related Reading: Best Chocolate Gifts And Boxes To Express Your Love
8. Floral wreaths for the front door
Who can say no to flowers? This gorgeous rose wreath is perfect to welcome people to the house of newlyweds. Here’s another idea, casually float this question in your conversation with the bride, “So, what are you thinking? Roses or peonies?” And voila! Now you know their choice. If not the roses, well then, we’ve picked out this beautiful peony floral wreath for you. As a couple moving in together, they will be redecorating their home, and this pretty wreath will perfectly fit in.
- Floral wreath with grapevine base diameter of 12 in and outer diameter of 14 in
- Sturdy grapevine with well-constructed wreath in beautiful artificial flowers
- Easy to mount wreath in soft pink hues
9. Luxury engagement gifts for women – An exotic fragrance
No one can ever have enough perfumes, right? We always make space for another bottle on the shelf. Hold on to that thought. There are plenty of choices, thousands of brands. It’s natural to get lost. Are you looking for engagement gifts for her? Then, explore Gucci, Chanel, Dior, Estee Lauder, Ralph Lauren, Dolce and Gabbana. For men’s fragrances, you may look into Armani, Versace, Hugo Boss, Mont Blanc, and other well-known, reputed brands. Add a price filter and it will be easier to narrow down your options within a budget.
- Exotic perfume for women from the luxury brand Chanel
- Product volume – 50ml
- A soothing floral fragrance with notes of cedar and citrus
Related Reading: 12 Thoughtful First-Night Wedding Gifts For Your Husband
10. Coffee blend for the coffeeholic couple
You know what, not all who wander are lost. Some of them are looking for coffee. And if you are attending the engagement ceremony of one such coffeeholic duo, this gourmet coffee gift box by Atlas would make their day. In this engagement gift box for couple, you get the taste of the best coffee from eight different countries. Why don’t you assemble a cute gift basket by adding a lovely pair of Mr. & Mrs. coffee mugs? The couple will be soon acing those at-home coffee dates with this coffee-licious gift!
- Set includes 8 packets of coffee from 8 different countries, with each bag measuring 1.8 oz., tasting note cards for each roast along with stunning postcards from each country
- Medium roasted, freshly ground coffee
- Makes 32 cups of coffee
11. Handmade photo album
Digital photo frames or photo albums are certainly nice gifts for engaged couples, but quite cliché at the same time. We suggest a handmade scrapbook if you are really close to the bride and groom. Put every memory, all the good moments and pictures in a DIY gift. It will be a precious possession for them. You can always resort to Pinterest or YouTube for ideas. Or get started with this scrapbook kit with all the supplies to create memories with one of the best personalized engagement gifts.
- Scrapbook album kit that contains a wooden photo album, 12 metallic markers, 8 DIY drawing templates, 3 lovely stickers, 6 cartoon stickers, and 3 photo corner sticks
- Wooden cover with beautiful and ornate carving
- 30 sheets to stick more than 120 pictures of 4 x 6 in
- Bound with 3 adjustable, stainless steel rings
12. Mr. & Mrs. Cheese board
Your search for uncommon engagement gifts for couples living together ends right here. Pick this beautifully hand-crafted cheese board without any second-guessing. The charming ‘Mr. & Mrs.’ engraving on it makes it a matchless engagement gift for couples.
- Engagement gift box for couple that includes a cheese board, 4 slicing, and serving tools, and a hidden compartment to keep these tools
- Handcrafted with high-quality sustainable bamboo
- Get a free booklet featuring 20+ snack board ideas
- Comes in ready-to-gift packaging with a bow
13. Something-blue wedding garter
If you are a guest from the bride’s side, a wedding garter is one of the most thoughtful engagement gifts for her. This engagement gift for women can be her ‘something blue’ for the wedding. We promise it will be a big hit at the gift-opening session.
- Soft lace garter with ornate, sparkling rhinestones
- Soft stretch silicone lining lace in non-slip fabric
- Handcrafted by expert professionals using the finest of materials
- Available in different sizes
Related Reading: Lesbian Outfit Ideas – A Complete Fashion Guide
14. Statement home decors
Statement decor pieces are a smart choice for engagement gifts for couples because the chances of your gift matching someone else’s are really few. Let’s give you a substantial number of options so you can go ahead and make your decision – wall hangings, accent pieces, picture frames, sculptures, authentic dream catchers, rustic clocks, mirrors, ceramic vase sets, abstract wall art, and so on.
You may want to give this elegant, golden wall clock a spin. When displayed on the living room wall, this amazing decor piece will captivate everyone’s attention.
- Wall clock handcrafted with premium quality metal
- Eco-friendly, non-toxic metal that can withstand high temperatures
- Golden finish clock studded with diamond-like crystals
- It sparkles in the sunshine and doesn’t make a noise
- Battery-powered, non-ticking clock
15. His-and-her luggage tag and passport cover
Side by side in planning the big wedding, there’s a lot to map out for the honeymoon too, right? What if you get them travel essentials so that they will still have something to look forward to when all the rush and excitement cools down? Nothing beats these unique luggage tags and passport holders by Deuluxy. An engagement gift box for couple that will travel places with them!
- Set of passport covers and luggage tags
- Personalized engagement gifts engraved with Mr. and Mrs.
- Made of high-quality vegan leather with sturdy buckles
- Comes with the added bonus of a free travel bucket list and an engraved pen
Related Reading: 5 Reasons Why You Should Travel With Your Partner
16. As We Grow journal
Of the many engagement gift ideas out there, we figured a recollection book is absolutely delightful for a newly engaged couple, who has a lifetime ahead of them to create new memories. As We Grow is a memory journal for modern married couples by the artist Korie Herold. The couple can also lay out the book at the wedding for their guests to leave notes. It will be a significant asset to pass on to the next generation.
- Filled with stunning illustrations, picture prompts, family tree, and anniversary pages
- Classic, timeless design with an elegant cover in linen
- Lay-flat design for easy writing with dedicated space for pictures
- Premium quality of acid-free archival paper
- Features pocket section dividers for securing keepsakes
Related Reading: Is Marriage Worth It – What You Gain Vs What You Lose
17. Entryway key holder, to remember you by every day
You see, not many people will think of keyholders or mail units as engagement gifts for couples. But it’s actually one of the more practical yet unique couples’ engagement gifts. This key holder looks aesthetically pleasing, making it just the right engagement gifts for couples living together. So, what are you waiting for? Go grab it!
- The burnt paulownia shade makes it agreeable with any background color
- The organizer has a mail holder, key hooks, a removable iron basket, and a small shelf to display plants
- Features a blackboard section where the couple can write urgent messages or pass sweet notes to one another
- Crafted using high-quality pine wood, with metal inlay and metal hooks
- Easy to mount
- Product dimensions – 18.3 x 5.1 x 16.5 in
18. A good old flower vase
Let’s go back to the classics for a second, for instance, a flower vase. We chose this exclusive vase out of all unusual engagement gifts for its eye-catching beauty. Instead of a plain crystal vase, this unique creation will catch every eye in an instant. A rustic flower bouquet from your nearby florist will complete the look.
- Ceramic vase in the shape of a bust sculpture
- Product dimensions – 8 x 5 x 10 in
- Pristine white color for that classy touch
Related Reading: 22 Ways To Make Your Wife Happy
19. Terrarium for the crazy plant lady
Are your newly engaged friends obsessed with greens? If yes, one of the best engagement gifts for this couple would be a terrarium along with a starter kit. It’s one of those luxury engagement gifts that can add a statement look when they decorate their home after moving in together. In case you don’t want to go with a starter kit, you can create an assortment of succulents and cacti yourself or visit a nearby nursery to get this done by professionals.
- A large tabletop terrarium jar in an irregular geometric shape
- Style meets elegance in this artistic engagement gift for couples
- Product dimensions – 6.5×5.7×9.8 in
- Ideal for growing air plants, fern, moss, cacti, succulent, and other easy-to-maintain plants
20. Infinity-heart bracelet as engagement gifts for women
Did your little sister get engaged and you can’t keep calm? For this very special day in her life, we discovered a phenomenal infinity bangle by Swarovski. With this sparkling bracelet symbolizing love and eternity, she will feel your emotions behind the gift. What’s more? It goes well with every outfit too. Tell me, could you find a better engagement gift for her?
- Infinity loop in the bangle intertwined with the heart motif to depict eternal love
- Adorned with white Swarovski crystals
- Comes in mix metal finish
- Product size – 5.9/4.5 cm
21. Luxury engagement gifts – Fancy crystal teapot
Crockeries, coffeemakers, hand blenders, blah blah blah – they’re all well and good as gifts for engaged couples, but how do you leave an impression winning over a pile of gifts? Get your hands on this exquisite set and be the cynosure of everyone’s eyes. It doesn’t end just there yet. Making tea makes for a pleasant sight while the tea bags are steeped in warm water through this clear pot.
- Glass teapot set with a tea warmer and candle, glass infuser, four double-wall tea cups, and 12 blooming tea flowers
- Made of durable borosilicate glass that is heat-resistant
- Microwave and dishwasher safe set
- Can be used for infused water, loose tea leaves, and tea bags too
Related Reading: 5 tea tonics for great sex
22. Cute engagement gifts on a small budget? Scented candles
Here’s an idea for budget-friendly engagement gifts for couples – order these super cute, novelty, soy candles. They will look flattering in a garden setup or an outdoor patio decor.
- Cute little owl-shaped candles made of pure soy wax
- Infused with the aroma of highly refined, citronella oil extracted from natural sources
- Owl molds can be re-used as planters after the candles have burnt-out
- Each candle weighs 3.5 oz.
23. Bookends can be interesting
Bookends will be spot on as engagement gifts for bibliophiles. In keeping with the person’s passion or hobbies, you can choose the appropriate design. If the bride and groom are both book and movie fanatics, this vintage camera and film projector bookend is tailor-made for them!
- Product dimensions – 5 x 4 x 8 in
- Made of fine resin, this one is a collector’s item
- Painted by skilled artists in black hues
Related Reading: 10 Best-Selling Relationship Books Couples Can Read Together
24. Unusual engagement gifts – A bowl of aromatic potpourri
If you are in search of unique and significant yet budget-friendly engagement gifts for couples, potpourri is your best shot. Check out this beautiful seashell potpourri made in California! When the couple is back from their island honeymoon, your gift of an ocean in a bowl will remind them of the good times. You can complete the gift pack with an ocean breeze-scented oil and a crystal glass bowl.
- An aromatic blend of seashells, starfish, driftwood, and botanicals fused with orange, lime, sandalwood, and rose fragrance
- The product weighs 20 oz
- Includes a fragrance vial
Related Reading: 12 Best Honeymoon Gifts For Couples They Will Love
25. Gift card
If you know the couple quite well, you know their likes and dislikes, places they want to visit, and stores from where they love to shop. Exploit your knowledge and present them with a gift voucher for their favorite spa resort or store. Make them feel special. One of the best engagement gifts for women and men alike because, duh, who doesn’t like to shop?!
- Perfect last-minute engagement gifts for couples
- Can be bought as per your budget
- This no expiry date, no charges card can be used to redeem storewide at Amazon.com
- Not liable to refunds or returns
Related Reading: The Ultimate Bucket List For Couples – 71 Fun And Romantic Things To Do
26. Kitchen bundles designed for couples
Kitchen bundles are ideal engagement gifts for couples who live together and enjoy the art of cooking. Bring this cute set of kitchen essentials to enhance their culinary skills together. The newly engaged chefs would be delighted to try their hands on the romantic recipes from the book, included in the box.
- Mr. & Mrs. aprons, oven mitts, and pot holders
- Made of wrinkle-free cotton and polyester blend
- Machine washable
- Comes in ready gift packaging along with a card
Related Reading: 24 Food Gift Ideas For Foodie Couples Who Love To Cook
27. Engagement map frame
Since we’re talking about unique engagement gifts for couples, here’s another – a classic black frame of their engagement map print. The essence of personalization shows how you have put a lot of thought into your present. Impress everyone with the novelty and uniqueness of such personalized engagement gifts.
- Neat and crisp design with bright colors
- Complete customization available regarding colors, location, names, and dates
- Professionally printed on premium paper with high-quality inks
- Print design measures 12X12 in
28. Membership card
You can buy a yearly membership to their dream library or museum or the cine club they always wanted to join. If the couple has a mutual interest in something, look for an exciting membership offer related to it. Go with it and you will thank us later! Check out this membership card for couples who prefer to play more than just love games. Unusual engagement gifts like these will have them battling it out for hours.
- Free games every month worth up to $700 a year
- Compatible with Xbox One and windows 10
- Lets you join the best multiplayer network
Related Reading: 13 Things To Know About Dating A Gamer
29. A pair of glasses for the couple
You can never go wrong with his-and-her glass sets when it comes to engagement gifts for couples. Take a look at this wifey-and-hubby wine and beer pint glass set! Cute, superb quality, and budget-friendly at the same time. What more could you ask for?
- Made of high-quality, durable glass that can withstand high-temperature beverages
- Printed with premium, fade-resistant ink
- Dishwasher safe
- Product capacity – 15 oz
30. Instax mini camera
The Fujifilm Instax mini pops into my head when I think about cute engagement gifts. It’s very Instagrammable and couples who are active on social media and love taking spontaneous pictures would really appreciate this gift. If you are ready to spend an extra 30-40 bucks on it, you’ll get a bunch of accessories and value packs of films. It sure is one of the perfect engagement gifts for couples living together and clicking together.
- Available in pastel shades like blush pink, lilac purple, sky blue, and ice white
- A high-quality camera that can capture bright backgrounds and dark scenes
- Comes with a one-touch selfie mode
Still looking for some more options to choose from? Don’t worry, there are many others like:
So, do you have a winner yet? We are sure you will find something suitable from this long list of unique engagement gifts. Any of these beautiful items will be a reminder of the precious moments you have shared with them when sealed with your love and enthusiasm. Our best wishes to the happy couple!
You have to keep in mind that the engagement ceremony is the very first event. In all likelihood, you will be invited to the bridal shower or the bachelor party for the same wedding. And then comes the big day. So, fix a budget and don’t go out of your way for this. If you are spending $100-$200 for the wedding present, you may keep the engagement present budget somewhere between $25-$50.
Although tradition dictates a man buying a ring for the lady he courts, it can be the other way round. Women do or rather should get their men something meaningful to make this day even grander. Imagine the look on his face when you surprise him with a classic Fossil watch! Who would want to miss that?
No matter what it is, gifts from parents are always precious for a child. It could be a family heirloom or something the bride or the groom has wanted since childhood. Parents can also decide to host the engagement party on behalf of their son or daughter.
21 Amazing Gift Ideas To Impress Your Crush Who Is A Big Instagram Influencer
21 Long Distance Family Gifts They Will Actually Want To Use